[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for genre lit. plebs, real lit. patricians need not apply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: From-Outer-Space.jpg (53KB, 442x566px) Image search: [Google]
From-Outer-Space.jpg
53KB, 442x566px
I'm trying to get my nephew to read something that is not comics but it's tough.
Right now he's in a phase where he's really into alien conspiracy shit. You know: Area 51, Roswell, abductions, men in black, etc.
I was wondering if there was any decent book on that subject, since I've read plenty of sci-fi but everything with that theme seems to be irredeemable trash.
I don't expect anything truly great, but something good enough for a 13 year old kid to enjoy, and maybe hook him into reading proper books further down the line.

Thanks
>>
>>10022751
ghost/aliens in in a format he might like.
>>
>>10022762
>ghost/aliens
That one looks kinda fun for him, thanks.

Any recommendations of books playing it straight? And I don't think he'd like all the new agey bullshit that was trendy back in the day either. One would think it was a more popular theme for fiction books back in the day, but I'm really having a tough time trying to find something like this.
>>
>>10022817
Books on remote viewing because it was a real government program.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (31KB, 469x640px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
31KB, 469x640px
I really liked the Young Oxford Book of Aliens when I was maybe that age or younger. It's a genre god tier collection of golden age SF short stories, lots of variety, lots of big name authors (Arthur C. Clarke, Avram Davidson, Philip K. Dick, Harry Harrison, and A.E. van Vogt, among others).
>>
One last bump
>>
>>10022751
fuckin' love Jose Chung's From Outer Space. It's the best x-files episode, no doubt. I've watched all of the x-files, but this is the only episode I've permanently kept on my hard drive. It's golden. Pure gold.
>>
>>10023714
Yup, easily the best episode of the entire show.
>>
>>10023714
Agreed.
>>
>>10023745
>>10023756
If we're going by Darin Morgan's episodes, I liked Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose much better.
>>
>>10023803
This guy knows what's up, Darin Morgan is GOAT. Clyde Bruckman and the carnie episode are the greatest episodes in the series.
>>
>>10023745
>>10023714
>>10023756
It's a great episode but you need to watch a decent number of other x-files episodes to appreciate it
>>
Communion is the famous one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0HfikqH1-8

It's known for being oddly eerie, also I know lots of people who think that Strieber is schizophrenic and experiencing encounters with demons, not aliens, and that they are using him to popularize the concept of consorting with them
>>
File: walkencommunionpollock.png (2MB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
walkencommunionpollock.png
2MB, 1920x804px
>>10024112
oh yeah, and Communion the movie is insane. Christopher Walken plays Whitely Shrieber

Scene from the film, towards the end Walken and his wife go to an art museum (?) then stand in front of Pollock and Katz paintings while they rant about aliens.
>>
File: cover.jpg (295KB, 1022x1548px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
295KB, 1022x1548px
>>
>>10024112
>I know lots of people who think that Strieber is schizophrenic and experiencing encounters with demons, not aliens, and that they are using him to popularize the concept of consorting with them
Wait a minute, THEY think Strieber is a nutjob?
>>
Kurt Mofukkin' Vonnegut
Hilarious sci-fi mixed in with that dank ass absurdism.
Literally a must read
>>
File: posadaspill.jpg (76KB, 750x566px) Image search: [Google]
posadaspill.jpg
76KB, 750x566px
>>10022751
Introduce him to J Posadas.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/posadas/1968/06/flyingsaucers.html
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.