[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ Brainstorm Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: cosmic.jpg (321KB, 1280x990px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic.jpg
321KB, 1280x990px
Come up with an idea of something Lovecraftian, concept/entity/milieu etc. I'll go first.

A traveler enters a village for he hears jolly music and singing coming from there, he sees people dancing and singing around the village square and with his mood lifted decides to join them. This continues all night and the traveler finally exhausted falls asleep on the benches outside. When he wakes up the next day, he's surprised to find people still dancing and singing. Amused, he walks around and wonders if it's a celebration for something. Come night, he finds himself in the village center and out of curiosity asks the girl dancing in front of the inn what's the reason for celebration. Getting a closer look at her, he sees her legs are bruised beyond recognition and small streaks grace her cheeks, no doubt being formed from tears. Yet there she dances and smiles as the traveler asks. "What is the reason for this joyous occasion?" he asks, under the abnormally large smile the girl gives an answer "Oh, this is anything but a joyous occasion sir, we shan't stop dancing lest we die like the many before us." The man is visibly confused "Are you saying you're not from this village?", "Nay, I happened upon this village a week ago."
Still unable to grasp what she meant, the man decides to go into the inn to ask someone a little more knowledgeable about the situation. Upon opening the door, he is greeted with a mountain of partially eaten and decaying bodies. The girl pulls him back outside, "You're not allowed to eat just yet, wait for it to kick in first."
What "it", what on earth was she talking about, just as these thoughts are racing in his head, he starts to feel extreme pressure in his chest. "There it is, it will get easier after a while, just wait." The last thing he sees while conscious is the girl shuffling her feet in front of his face.
>>
>>10020996
He's gonna get a surprise lol
>>
File: 1503007922047.png (296KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503007922047.png
296KB, 500x500px
"A deep sound of thunder echoed above the forest. Arde and I had been following the hideous traces left by the creature for the better part of the afternoon and the dark was beginning to settle upon the dense, damp foliage. The sudden flash, shortly followed by the rumbling sound, brought us back, if momentarily, from that cursed and almost unconscious compulsion to hunt the mysterious being. I, being prudent, or , you might say, something of a coward, stopped and suggested it was time to go back to the camp, to which Arde promptly disagreed. The thing, whatever it was, had been roaming around our fields for some weeks. It seemed to take care not to be seen from less than a couple miles away, so that its already dark shape became almost indiscernible at such a distance. It was about the size of a brown bear, but it looked different from anything I or Arde had ever seen. This sinister presence had been accompanied by the repeated disappearance, at somewhat regular intervals of around three or four days, of some of our chickens, rabbits and smaller cattle. The first day of the fourth week Arde, certain of the creature's guilt, convinced me to follow it and bring with us knives, should the thing behave dangerously.

We kept walking through the forest, still tracing its fading steps, until we came to a dead end and completely lost track of its trail. Had it not been for Arde's sharp sight, we'd have turned back right then. But my friend noticed a subtle rustling in the bushes underneath a huge, age-bent oak and with an agile leap brought himself close enough to pull the bushes apart and peer. A chilling scream tore at my ears and scared the birds up, away from the trees. I immediately went after Arde, whom I found lying face down on the ground, collapsed directly in front of the bushes I was about to inspect. As I squinted across the deepening darkness, I noticed the shrubbery hid a sort of hole. An abhorrent, sickening smell like that of death reeked from it. As I was about to lower myself into the grim cave, the knife held tight in my hand, a bolt of lightning struck a tree very close to the entrance. What I have seen in the light of that damn flash I still shiver to think of, let alone describe. I am haunted by that terrifying vision. My first impression was that of a deformed, evil body like that of a hairless, mostruous ape, covered in a dark cloth and with an eyeless face so profoundly decayed and mangled that it held only a vague resemblance to the human profile. But even in those few, endless instants I could tell, before the light went out, that the face was not creature's own. It was worn, as a mask is."

Have fun anon
>>
>>10022930
Fuck

*the creature's own
>>
>>10020996
I remember reading about an actual event that was similar to this scene that took place during the plague. I believe the idea was that some had witnessed a few with plague jutting back and forth, their limbs kicking and flailing, and then had noticed that these people seemed to be cured. As the plague took over the town, people became convinced this was the cure, so one after another they began to dance, enticing passerby to join them. It was a week long rave I believe.
>>
a man in a small town sees a large radio tower has been built seemingly overnight

almost immediately after he begins having strange dreams and thoughts he believes are not his own, and increasingly they become full of product placement and disrupt his daily life

this leads him to believe the tower might be broadcasting thoughts into his mind in an attempt to control him, and when he begins asking around town other people start treating him very negatively, including close friends and even his wife

as he asks them more, he discovers they seem to all be thinking literally the same thing, confirming his darkest suspicions
>>
>>10023251
I'm sold on this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.