[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a character seeking to become immortal a good topic for a story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1505210271659.gif (2MB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
1505210271659.gif
2MB, 480x264px
Is a character seeking to become immortal a good topic for a story?
>>
yeah, so good it's now the plot of my next novel

thanks op
>>
i already rote three nobels on this buject
>>
No, fuck off
>>
File: readthisyounerd.jpg (23KB, 163x250px) Image search: [Google]
readthisyounerd.jpg
23KB, 163x250px
>>10019806
>>
>>10019806
Because I love you anon, I will flesh out your idea:

>char struggles to become immortal
>once immortal char realizes that only the mortal can be noble and courageous - with nothing at risk the immortal become little more than rocks and wind. All essential meaning is lost.
>Finally, he "transitions" back to being mortal - and dies in a heroic fashion, saving many people.
>Because of his heroism, after his death monuments are built to him and he becomes immortal.

See how easy that was?
>>
>>10019965
gay
>>
>Is a character seeking to become immortal a good topic for a story?

>>10019806
are you a disciplined, talented author?
>>
>>10019986
what i mean to say is: you could be writing the next Marsellus Wallace

But you could also be writing the next Conor "Highlander" McLeod.
>>
>>10019978
Mortal vs Immortal and their relation to courage and nobility underscores most of ancient greek literature and tragedy. Its a timeless theme.
However I'm sure "50 Shades of Grey" was enjoyable and its good there are books that encourages you to read.
>>
>>10019965
I'll make it even better for you, anon
>filler bullshit
>character becomes immortal
>realizes being immortal sucks
>too bad lol
>???
>>
>>10019806
It's the plot of the first known written story. Which has had lasting appeal, and otherwise immortalized its protagonist. So yes, I would think so.
>>
>>10019806
a man lives forever but time still slips between his fingers.

he may always have his life
but he may not always have his wits.
>>
>>10019965
I'd read this.
>>
>>10019965
Would have been a good Greek play. But you are more than 2000 years to late.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.