[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images-1.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>10019627
Kino of prose.
>>
bumo
>>
>>10019627
The pinnacle of literature.
>>
I am currently reading right now and am right at the part where the pair begin to go on their third departure on their adventures and I must say, though this is probably in part because I don't really read very often and when I do I rarely finish the material that I am reading, but never have I been so amazed by the sheer scale of a novel until I have read this one. The amount of layers of contrasting ideas, characters, tones and other literary conventions and how well they both stand on their own and how they play off the other events of the story is amazing. The best way to explain it is ironically similar to the discussion between the priest and the cannon and other similar events regarding the value that books about knights and chivalry could really ever have, concluding that, even though they may be fictitious, as long as they prioritized verisimilitude as much as prose then they would be truly worthy of merit. In this sense I feel in this sense Don Quixhote achieves this because of how accurately of a mirror it serves to the era it was written in discussing the views of the people of its time as well as conflicts mainly dealing with religion, war, and education
that were also taking place. It's so strange to see so many complaints about matters of art or just in general the lack of actual intellectual or meaningful discussion that take place today coincide so much with the complaints that are made in the novel, it really makes you realize how little things have truly changed. I also think it's interesting to see how Don Quixhote places the entirety of his being in the morals demonstrated in the tales that he has read and yet is mocked by those around him at the absurdity of the tales these stories depict when most of these same people devote themselves to Catholicism which not only has a great deal of overlap with the morals Don Quixhote professes but also has equally absurd tales with no better means of asserting validity. There are a lot of other things to mention and I am sure the things I might have written may not be fully actualized since I've yet to actually complete it but nonetheless I am really loving it so far.
>>
>>10019627
Literature's greatest bromance.

You'll probably even cry at the end, OP.
>>
>>10019627
Part of its importance is to show the adage: There is nothing new under the sun.
The humor is so sophisticated - quasi-sardonic - that it strangely feels very modern.
>>
a cruel and crude old book
>>
>>10019627
good but get the grossman translation instead of the penguin one
>>
I stopped reading it a year ago, around 300 pages in. Do i have to reread those pages?
>>
>>10019627
Sancho, you blockhead!

Laughed every time.
>>
>>10022114

Vlad???
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.