[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he gets rid of his books after reading them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>he gets rid of his books after reading them
>>
Books are also very pretty (voire beautiful) objects, why getting rid of them? They look cool and comfy in my room
>>
File: 1423595826190s.jpg (3KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1423595826190s.jpg
3KB, 117x125px
>he pooped on his own face and than cryed
>>
>>10019363
I get rid of brand-new books I didn't enjoy enougj to keep, so I trade in second-hand bookstores for more books so as to reduce the money I spent on that book.

Books I already bought used I keep even if I didn't like much, because the trade-value is so ridiculously low it is more worth to keep it
>>
I only get rid of any trivia books, YA or especially bad stories unless I'm desperate for space. If I really like a book I'll keep it until I find a high quality edition (Penguin Deluxe Editions are beautiful to hold) and then consider getting rid of it.

There's rarely any point selling them, I just turn them in to charity shops.
>>
Unless they are books that I annotate or they are books I feel obligated to analyze again, giving away books is the morally correct thing to do. The more people that read the better.
>>
Yes because the library usually asks for then back
>>
How the fuck can you all afford so many books? I just use a library like a regular poor person.
>>
>>10019274
I have to worry about whether taking my boxed books upstairs will crack the supporting walls. You can have too many books.
>>
>>10019887
nah
>>
>>10019887
If you give away book it doesn't mean someone else will read it. They might just keep it on the shelf as a souvenir. Or sell it for money.
>>10020322
In my country libraries are too poor, most of the good books cannot be found there. Plus, I don't want to get limited with something I don't have to get limited. It's art. If you want to listen to some album you don't rent it from audio library.
>>
>>10019396
I also do exactly this.
>>
>>10022323
I mean that I'll either give it to someone I trust or to a library.
>>
>>10023237
Why not keep it for your family, for your children?
Really I curse my dead grandparents because they were allegedly well-read academics, but only left me trash books, I have to obtain the rare hardback classics myself.
>>
I'm homeless so I can't carry that many books at once.
>>
>>10023685
I would rather give back to the world than just restrain it to my family. If anything, I'd rather reach my children why that is important.
>>
>>10024040
>Give them to the world
>Ends up on a Goodwill shelf
>>
>>10019274
After I finish my degree and start teaching in highschool I'll keep a bookshelf for students to borrow books from, like a local free mini library
>>
After I finish a book I tear it up and use the pages for kindling while camping. Better for the environment that way, it's like recycling.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.