[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

disregarding the lack of jobs, the lack of opportunities, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0724.jpg (448KB, 2000x1376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0724.jpg
448KB, 2000x1376px
disregarding the lack of jobs, the lack of opportunities, the lack of future, etc. would majoring in english, and taking a lot of literature classes help my writing and/or my understanding of literature? or would I be better off just studying it on my own? I go to a top 5 uni if that means anything
>>
>>10016166
You can teach abroad. That's not a bad gig at all depending on where you teach.
>>
>>10016166
Make a choice on your own, little boy. It's amazing how the supposed brightest students of a nation need someone to tell them right from wrong and good from bad.
>>
>>10016229
who're u callin little, old man! i gotta tell ya, mister, I've taken on fellas twice your size so u better back off!
>>
>>10016242
>mommy I wanna be a writer when I grow up. Can I be a writer you think? You think I'm good enough? I'm smart, right, and make good observations, right Mommy?

>Now Billy, you can be anything you want. You are a brilliant young man, and quite a diligent scholar to boot. But how many writing jobs are there Billy? The economy isn't great you know...

>I know, mom. But writing and literature is more than that. I have convictions, I have things to say. Things to read, characters to meet. Not everything is about getting a job, mom. I don't want to end up like Dad... selling my soul out to "the man". But then again, there are practical considerations, I agree. I can't live here forever, and I can't rely on you the rest of my life. I just wish there were some sort of compromise...

>You can get a practical job and write in your spare time. I'm sure it's been done before.

>I guess (Billy's mind flashes to the oft posted list of writers from /lit/ who have done just that) that's possible. But being a writer, a great writer, which I want to be, requires discipline and time. And patience too. Also, nine to fives are exhausting, spiritually.

>Well sweetie, what can I say. You have to decide for yourself. STEM majors do pay the bills. You do want a wife and a house and a family, right?

>(Billy drives himself crazy for several months torturing himself about his future. Little does he know that he only has two years to live anyway...)
>>
>>10016287
awww is little poor "practical" americanfag getting mad because someone gets to do something he loves? awww, poor little baby. Too bad you don't get the backing of an rich family with great connections that allow me to pursue my passions without a worry in the world. keep projecting, it will totally make your life so much more fulfilling! you're soo superior to all those "impractical" writers, right? you know what the REAL world is like, right?
>>
>>10016166
Being a top 5 uni (are you british?) makes a big difference. I can't speak for those across the pond but in the states absolutely go for it. My friends (also top 5) who majored in english/music/languages all managed to get jobs post graduation and even in field if they were willing to wait a few months. Otherwise you'll have the option to fuck and go consult.
>>
>>10016301
If you already know what you're going to do then what is the point of this thread other than showing how feeble your bants are. An aspiring writer should be able to shitpost better than this. You can't even make that interesting. Also everything you've assumed about me has been the opposite of true. Slow witted and imperceptive. You have a future in writing!
>>
>>10016324
(You)

haha u sure got me!
>>
>>10016166
Do what you think is best. You're going to die and be forgotten anyways, fuck it. Yolo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.