[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i thought you guys said stephen king was bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: clown.jpg (55KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
clown.jpg
55KB, 720x480px
i thought you guys said stephen king was bad
>>
>>10015462
Most of the people here are college kids who only read "serious literature" and think they're too smart for King. He's a fine writer and IT is a pretty enjoyable book.
>>
>>10015462
He's not bad, he's just not that good.
>>
>>10015462
IT has some good ideas but in the third act turns into random nonsense that seems to have no connection thematically.

Plus, the rules of IT are never really understood, because it seemed like there were dozens of times he cold have killed the kids individually when they were terrified, yet he doesn't.
>>
>>10015462
Problem is he decided to spread is talent over a million novels, so instead of four or five excellent books he wrote an entire bookcase worth of mediocre popcorn literature, but it's technically very good.
>>
>>10015462

>boring characters (either bland good guys or cartoonish villains)
>bloated illogical plots filled with disposable scenes
>bland prose style
>disappointing deus ex machina endings
>uninventively repeats story devices and character archetypes across novels

where is the good of Stephen King?
>>
King can be really, really, really hit and miss. mostly miss, which makes me wonder why he writes so many goddamn novels
>>
>>10015514
Thank christ Kubrick had the brains to throw out the god-awful ending King gave The Shining
>>
>>10015514
>where is the good of Stephen King?
Some of the short stories are excellent
Pet Semetery is tight and effective
>>
>>10016541
>why does he write so many novels??

$$$$$$$$
>>
>>10016588
Kubrick saved that entire shit story honestly.
>>
>>10015462
He is good his books are just pleb tier
>>
>>10015462

I'm not a fucking retard so I wouldn't say something like that.
>>
>>10016741
And it's still his least interesting movie. Everything Kubrick did was great, everything King did was a screaming mediocrity.
>>
>>10016741
>>10016788

Apparently there's a scene in the movie where you see the van that almost killed King, and that's Kubrick saying, Fuck you your story sucks I made it better.
>>
>>10016588
The Shining was a good film but an awful horror movie.
>>
>>10018109
Either fully explain yourself within the next ten minutes or I will airstrike your local bookstores
>>
>>10015462
All of the films based on his books are better than the books themselves, barring the exclusion of prepubescent sex.
>>
>>10018120
Joke's on you, I'm illiteratatat
>>
File: Folder.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
>>10018169
Neat
>>
File: 1505145517807.png (125KB, 545x479px) Image search: [Google]
1505145517807.png
125KB, 545x479px
>>10015462
>>
>>10018232
Stephen King strikes me as a damn creep but he's totally right here

Rape, even statutory rape, has officially become worse than murder in the public eye, if you use public reaction to gauge it
>>
Dark tower is autistic trash, I will stand by that. But I am interested in reading IT now
>>
>>10015462
/lit/ always has said that King + Drugs and Pills = great storytelling and set pieces.

He is a trash writer, ans his prose is often

"X"
"Y, Z"
"But X", Said Joe.

Joe looked down the street. The leaves were changing. He was scared of the night.

"X...Z"
>>
King is in great need of a stricter editor
>>
>>10018318
"X FUCKING X" (in italics)
"X IS FUCKING Y, W!!!!!!!!!"

W proceeded to suck V's 12 year old dick, not noticing V's head had been removed by a monster U.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.