[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Take two autists with similar lives. One plays video games as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1504985624754.png (837KB, 776x776px) Image search: [Google]
1504985624754.png
837KB, 776x776px
Take two autists with similar lives. One plays video games as a significant hobby, the other reads novels. How different do they turn out?

This experiment has been done with me and someone similar to me, with me as the novel reader who got bored of vidya after a certain age, and somehow I am much less of a neckbeard (no beard at all for one).

Where the fuck does this rick and Morty, PC gaming, Reddit etc. shit in your early 20s come from? It is disgusting because I see myself in this person, so it's like seeing an alternative me.

I may insults lit's pretentiousness but at least that implies a lot of reading. The opposite is just disgusting somehow. I feel like I have elevated reading to the level of basic hygiene.
>>
Cool
>>
>>10014906
/lit/ is garbage, we all know it, but compared to many other places on the Internet it's an inexhaustible well into which no bucket descends without coming up with gold and goodness.
>>
>>10014906
Rick and Morty is a decent show, it seems like only self-conscious contrarians hate it
>>
>>10014906
I mostly read now but still find time for video now and again. Just take a look at /v/ to find your answer (coming from someone who used to spend all my time there.)

On /lit/, you may bump into some autists, but most of them have actually done a good amount of reading and may even be able to convey something of value to you. Then take a /v/ autist, and see it is a completely different thing. While there are a lot of great video games, very few people on /v/ play those, and instead either never play at all or dedicate endless hours to garbage. The autism that will generate has no hopes of producing value; cultivating taste in vidya is, much like with literature, not easy.
>>
>>10014906
He chose a different form of entertainment. Why don't you give him a good book to read?
Why don't you join him and have fun together?
>>10015722
One if the greatest games I ever played is Talos Principle.
>>
>>10015739
Talos was good. Wasn't great until Road to Gehenna. Good pick though
>>
>>10015739
This, why not cross pollinate your interests and see if he can show you some fun games
>>
>>10015824
essentially what OP wants to say, and everyone else who clumsily argues against 'entertainment' and for 'art', is that a video game is a solpsistic form of entertainment, while art is about communication and a stand against loneliness.
>>
>>10015857
Fair point, but what is wrong with entertainment? Overconsumption of entertainment leads to the burnt-out shells of /v/ users, admittedly, and there are likely better things to be doing, but I think a few hours of video games a week is completely harmless and can be great fun.
>>
>>10015876
>a few hours of video games a week is completely harmless and can be great fun

Yeah, and if only the world could actually keep its entertainment intake to a few hours a week
>>
>>10015876
I think you missed my point. I made no argument against entertainment, anyone proposing that reading is not entertainment is a delusional and pretentious undergrad. My point was that video games offer no outlet to help one analyze one's self-concept or analyze one's relationship to others and the world population at large. They are merely masturbation, which admittedly, is okay if kept under control. The latter can be difficult to manage.
>>
File: IMG_2993.png (270KB, 1423x1320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2993.png
270KB, 1423x1320px
>>10014906
I've elevated unawareness into a form of hygiene. We all stink. I wish I was Chad enough to destroy my mind and experience the bliss of ignorance.
>>
>>10015897
>>10015929
You're right, I missed your point. Video games aren't of any higher value, I agree, even though I still love them, just have to restrict time with them. I have to wonder how it got this way: is there simply too much entertainment available to everyone? Or is it a problem of ease of access?
>>
I don't practice basic hygiene
>>
>>10014906
The difference is that one autist here is well-read. That's all.
>>
File: stop.jpg (43KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
43KB, 400x350px
>>10014906
At least you realize you're an autist. Congratulations on being less pathetic than someone else. Now stop being autistic about what other people are doing with their lives.
>>
>>10015265
I'm someone who has watched many adult swim shows yet I find Rick and Morty overrated compared to those. I've no idea why that show has so much success compared to other adult swim programs like Frankenhole or Moral Orel.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.