[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the telephone-book a good book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Phone-book.jpg (178KB, 534x333px) Image search: [Google]
Phone-book.jpg
178KB, 534x333px
Is the telephone-book a good book?
>>
It's like reading non-fiction
>>
>>10014145
but it´s way more realisitc than non-fiction
>>
>>10014128
Come on, the middle part of 2666 is not that bad.
>>
>>10014128
I started with the Greeks which is a about a quarter of the way through. Unorthodox.
>>
>>10014154
>phone book from Athens
we should start from here
>>
Too many shallow characters. At most you get their name and a brief description then another character with virtually the same name is introduced.
>>
I was was searching for a dentist that has the virtues of an fitzgeraldian gentleman and this book delivered
>>
>>10014205
>he doesn't get it
The names change subtly throughout the whole novel, which is precisely what makes it fascinating. With minor, nearly unnoticeable changes, we go through every imaginable name and surname combination. It is an extremely bold concept, reminiscent of Terry Riley's and Steve Reich's minimalist compositions, but in book form. It also has certain marxist overtones, since it gives each name exactly as much space as needed. The ways of interpreting this great work are rich and numerous, but I guess a fucking pleb like you can't notice that...
>>
>>10014128
It's too repetitive, it made me disoriented and sleepy. Definitely unique . Probably the height of post-modern literature
>>
>>10014426
Great review. 10014426/10014426
>>
File: 6hg1qfzbg3kz.jpg (72KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
6hg1qfzbg3kz.jpg
72KB, 800x1035px
>>10014128
The New York Times Book Review gave it an 867-5309 out of ten.
>>
>>10014426
You're giving it too much credit. It's postmodern trash, or maybe the start of post-postmodernism since it ignores everything about the structure of a novel. To me, it's basically a list with of some wort of information. And where are you getting marxist from? There's dozens of capitalist ads throughout the whole book. There's no literary value to them at all, it's real advertisement like companies paid for places in the book to place ads. Shit book but you psueds will defend it like the next Ulysses or something.
>>
>>10014128
I thought it was pretty good. The Smith section was a bit long though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.