[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaos & Cosmos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1438260112377.jpg (346KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
1438260112377.jpg
346KB, 718x960px
First thread ever.

I have to write a 100 pages essay for the end of June 2018, so far I have chosen the topic below.

I'm a french literature student specialized in comparative literature and basically we have to write critics & theory on a specific subject, which itself could be based on an author, a book or anything that is relevent and lit related.

The chosen topic is not random. it's based on a personal belief that what we call God/gods/evil/Abraxas is chaos and that what the human soul create in our daily life is cosmos (or order). Sure it's bullshit, but I'm a poetic soul, not a philosopher. Anyway, literature gives me what I need and I sure can find some books to feed my delusion.

So, any reading recommendation on the topic ? theory or fiction, poetry, whatever... Advice are welcome. Critics as well. That's my first thread ever (been following /lit/ for three years now).

thanks ! (told you it's my first time ?)
>>
I'm not sure I understand, OP. So you're interested in writing about Gnosticism it seems, but what specifically is your focus/thesis?
>>
>>10014040
i'm interested in gnosticism indeed. but that is not my main focus. my focus is to understand, on a poetic view point, how the chaos is felt and expressed. were does the imagination come from and how the soul express itself (eventhoug it doesn't express itsel, but just 'is')

my thesis (which is non-existent, for the moment) could be that chaos is felt and that the answer is the delusion of a cosmical order ?

I'm sorry, it's really vague... but I'm expecting to awake some imagination, related to some books ; the books matter
>>
why

Demian but you've probably already read that
>>
>>10014086
All right. So you need just to buckle down and start reading more. See the following for sources: Dillon, Matthew J. (2016), "Gnosticism Theorized: Major Trends and Approaches to the Study of Gnosticism", in DeConick, April D., Religion: Secret Religion, MacMillan reference USA.

I wish I had more to offer, but Gnosticism is outside my interests.
>>
>>10014096
I did. I'm also searching on Jung's side, for the moment. but that can be the kind of book I'm looking for. Also, Spanish, french and english are the languages I can read (it's important for I have to read the original version(
>>
>>10014102
thank you !
>>
Try Maldoror followed by the Ducasse poems.
>>
>>10014139
héhé, one of my favorite. I was actually thinking about it, but the fact is too many things have been writing on it. do you know any good critic of it ?
>>
>>10014086

You should read Plotinus.
>>
>>10014153
which one would you advise me to start with ?
>>
If you read spanish, Aldo Pelligrini is very insightful.
>>
>>10014022
>First thread ever.
>That's my first thread ever
>told you its my first time ?

Yo shut the fuck up
>>
>>10014184
oh, interesting, I will ! which one do you prefer ?
>>
here's my view on order/chaos:

1,2,3,4,5 or 4,9,8,1,3 - which has most order?
there are only three answers:
Sequence 1, Sequence 2 or they have equal amount of order/chaos. I'll go through why each answer is logical.

Sequence 1 can have the most order because it has the least complex pattern and requires least amount of assumptions. The logical conclusion of this though will be that the simpler something is the more order it has. For example: 1,1,1,1,1 has more order than 1,2,3,4,5. 0,0,0,0,0 has more order than 1,1,1,1,1. Perfect order will therefore be nothing and perfect chaos will be everything.

Sequence 2 could be the right answer as the pattern is just more complex than sequence 1. This is just the inverse of the last one, and will conclude in perfect chaos = nothing and perfect order = everything.

The last answer can be backed by the fact that chaos and order might not be a property everything has. Chaos and order might not even be connecting terms, but instead like black and white, where one does not interact with the other.
>>
>>10014022
>Sure it's bullshit, but I'm a poetic soul, not a philosopher
You're trying to write a poetic essay? You'll end up in a neverending cycle of masturbatory nonsense, until the 100 pages are up, that is.
>>
>>10014379
it should be based on a novel ; I'll be unfortunately limited
>>
>>10014144
Youve read Bachelard's little book on the animal imagery in Maldoror?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.