[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats so good about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 71KTHLbswAL.jpg (228KB, 968x1595px) Image search: [Google]
71KTHLbswAL.jpg
228KB, 968x1595px
I had to read this because of my english class.

Most people say it is really funny (in my opinion its not funny at all) and from the viewpoint of a 6 year old + . Despite the main character being around 6-7 year old the writing is totally not how a 6 year old or even a 10 year old would talk or think like.

Also why the hell should i care about some black dude getting killed at the end or not. He is barely mentioned and i cant build any empathy or simpathy for this guy. Seriously who thinks this is a good book.

The topic at hand is rather mature, but the context and especially the first around 150 pages(?) is about exposing characters (in the most boring way : just tell the audience all of the information) and just everyday life of children with their "horror" stories. Which audience is it aimed towards? Children cant relate or shouldnt read about murder and black people getting hanged, matures/teens are expecting a good mature story.

Why is this so popular to begin with. Im not a literature expert so i hope someone can explain me this.
>>
>>10013974
The writing is from the viewpoint of the grown up main character looking back to when she was growing up (6+).
>>
OP, it's a snapshot into and platform for discussing American race relations in the 20th century, which is an important part of social and political curricula in American high schools. Combined with fortunate reception, good marketing, and mandatory classes/books in schools, it's success was inevitable. Moreover, it's become something of a legacy book, read because it has been read so much and is part of America's collective consciousness. Its literary values aren't as important as its now iconic status.
>>
It's not good. It's just easy to read and simple to teach.

Making people read actual good literature in high school is a bad idea.
>>
>>10013989
Ah okay didnt realize that.
>>10013993
Yeah but i dont really see why its such a "fine piece of literature" because it didnt talk about anything new or discovered any new ideas.( Lord of the rings as an example was popular because of the new things it blended together into a story. The reading itself, as a novel its pretty uncomfortable to read, atleast in my opinion.)
>>
>>10014009
Does my lord of the rings example apply?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.