[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Franz Kafka?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8302.jpg (16KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8302.jpg
16KB, 218x231px
Can someone give me a quick run down on Franz Kafka?
>>
No; for Kafka, you will need to walk, not run.
>>
Do your own fucking homework
>>
>>10012274
Heavily influenced by Austrian antisemitism and alienation of Jews in his homeland. Franz was deeply troubled, struggling to relate both to his society and his family, and explored the idea of fighting for your place in the world in his writing.

The metamorphosis is his most famous and, if you're doing a homework assignment, interesting piece. Appearing to be the story of a man who turns into a bug, it was actually about the alienation, disgust at and eventual destruction of the hardworking jews in the holocaust, a theme made much more specific in the stage adaptation.
>>
>>10012327
Thanks anon. Just wondering what the /lit/ consensus was.
>>
Can I get a long rundown on The metamorphosis
>inb4 just do your homework
>>
>>10012327
>bug
No
>holocaust
No
>>
>>10012327
it was actually a prophetic work regarding the rise of the bugman; a hueman more concerned with the ides of work and pop culture than his soul or body.
>>
>>10012327
Here's your (You).
>>
>>10012274
Hope you speak german, pleb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F2IXNErOas
>>
>>10012919
>tfw German speaker
>tfw get insanely triggered about translations which take "Ungeziefer" to mean "cockroach"
>>
>>10012928
What word would you use instead
>>
>>10012933
Vermin, pest, even bug I guess. We can infer from Kafka's descriptions that Gregor resembles a cockroach. It doesn't need to be said explicitly.
>>
>>10012938
Vermin is closest. Bug is already way too specific.
>>
He didn't get along with his father
>>
https://youtu.be/oq06kp1fZAQ?t=1s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.