[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

books about logical thinking and out thinking your opponent,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 8

File: bilderberg-secret-society.jpg (45KB, 300x452px) Image search: [Google]
bilderberg-secret-society.jpg
45KB, 300x452px
books about logical thinking and out thinking your opponent, think death note the anime but a book.

I do not want a "how to logic" book or some shit like that. I'd prefer some kind of story, like a serial killer genius vs a genius cop, again death note type thing.

I also wouldn't mind book suggestions on the applications of the art of war by sun tzu if you got suggestions on that, it would be good too.

Thanks!
>>
File: 1459828059827.jpg (287KB, 1920x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1459828059827.jpg
287KB, 1920x1258px
Now that's what I call edgy. In an attempt to open dialogue, I'll legitimately try to help you with your stated goals. I'll then touch on some advice, that I ask you to take exactly as seriously as my response to your requests.

Anime is not realistic. I'm sure that's somewhere in the back of your head, but the stories and traditions of the subject are so ingrained in your mind as to pop up as a reference in even your most casual speech. Out thinking your opponent is of course a good move, but there are other ways to "win."

Most often, our true "enemy" is not clear. The bully across the hall is cruel in an instant, but the enemy is his lack of empathy and knowledge of social consequence. Learning better social skills is one of the best ways to defeat an opponent, by defusing them or making them irrelevant. If you make their actions socially unsustainable or take away their will to act in the first place, you not only win, you make them believe that the result was their idea or was the natural order.

You will not think faster than anyone. If you haven't been doing this your entire life, you aren't going to start tomorrow or after any book. Your best bet is social manipulation, slow, insidious, and if done well very effective. As to actual media you'll want, I recommend:

The Prince- Niccolo Machiavelli
Getting to Yes
Emotional Intelligence (longer read, save this until you actually start caring about people)
The Heart of Darkness- Joseph Conrad (97 pages)
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?- Phillip K. Dick
Crime and Punishment- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

The first two are short, light reads on how better to manipulate. Emotional Intelligence is for after you've mastered the first two. Heart of Darkness and Androids both deal with a gritty reality containing many of the darker ideas you entertain. They also question the meaning of victory.

The last is the most important book on the list, and likely the most boring. After you finish the others, you -need- to read Crime and Punishment.
>>
File: 1459704162794.png (2MB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1459704162794.png
2MB, 1920x1281px
>>10010922
>>10010968

Now for the advice. The mannerism and invective you display are hallmarks of the downtrodden and the outcast. You are among fellows. We have been there. Human life is plagued by despair, in three basic forms.

-The despair of not being oneself. This is you, most likely. Wounded by the stark fact of who you are. Not stronger, not faster, not smarter, not beautiful, cool, nor funny.
-The despair of being oneself and wishing one were not. This is the bodybuilder who just wants a slice of cake. The philosopher who wants to forget everything he has learned.
-The despair of not knowing one is in despair. One is either lacking or wishes one had less. Believing yourself perfect in ignorance leads to a classically California style of ennui.

To counter your despair, you must become yourself. This is not the person you see in the mirror. This is the person you're supposed to be. Stronger, faster, better read, understood. You must work out. Run, everyday. At least 5 miles. You need to lift. Lift until you look like someone. Until you look like a human being. Too much music and couch time make one soft and effeminate. The greatest philosophers and men were as strong in body as in mind.

Stop escaping. Anime is an escape. Stop gaming. Life should not need to be escaped. You should change the nature of your life such that you have no inclination to escape it. This will make you strong. This will make you wise. All good things will follow from a state of being, yourself, good.

Then again, this could all have been a troll. It certainly feels like one.
>>
>>10010968
>>10011005
faggot.

Anyone else?
>>
File: mfw no meaning.png (461KB, 469x526px) Image search: [Google]
mfw no meaning.png
461KB, 469x526px
>>10010968
>Emotional Intelligence
>>
>>10011038
ignore the noob, he's probably in psychology 101 and thinks he knows people based on their choice of lit.
>>
File: 1336077515400.jpg (12KB, 320x296px) Image search: [Google]
1336077515400.jpg
12KB, 320x296px
>>10011043

What choices of lit have we talked about? All OP mentioned was preferring stories, having read Tsun Tzu, and liking anime.

>>10011037

I'm bored enough to take that bait, sure. You ask for advice, then throw it immediately out?

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1504129838149.jpg (111KB, 468x714px) Image search: [Google]
1504129838149.jpg
111KB, 468x714px
>>10011072
>Stop escaping. Anime is an escape. Stop gaming.

Lol this shows how much of a faggot you are.

Death note is an anime my gf forced me to watch and I enjoyed it. I dislike anime, manga etc otherwise and is the only one I have watched. She pushed me to watch a show about giants eating humans but it's my turn to pick what we watch so fucking wrong about that.

I am on a ketogenic diet and I fast 2-3 times a month for 5 days. That's half of a month of no food, I do this to feel good and because the Bible tells me to fast.

I do not game and have not played games for over 7 years, since, you know, I grew up?

You're useless and your advice is useless. Thus me saying "Faggot."

Goes to psychology 101 and thinks he knows anything, lmao.

He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. - Proverbs 18:13
>>
File: 1460986101142.jpg (74KB, 634x559px) Image search: [Google]
1460986101142.jpg
74KB, 634x559px
>>10011101

Oh alright, forgive me if your initial post reads exactly like pic related wrote it. You referenced an edgy anime twice in one post. What you believe to be excellence makes you no less of a cunt.

>Implying 101

I won't comment on my education. That's not the matter at hand. If you're legitimately interested in it, I'll answer any questions, but I don't think you actually are. You just want to belittle me on any level you can, because you think that makes you strong. It makes you seem neurotic.

Or, if you want to make this a dick measuring contest we can do that as well. Pretty sure I'll win.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law he doth meditate day and night. - Psalms 1:1-2
>>
>>10011156

He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. - Proverbs 18:13

You answered a matter before hearing it. You assumed, thus you made an ass out of yourself.

Personally, I do not care what you do or who you are. I enjoy bringing people down from their pride and arrogance like I just did with you. For you to even suggest we should compare who's the best... online... laughable. Have a lovely day / night.
>>
>>10010922

Why would you rob from your other grandchildren to try and humiliate me? Why would you do that to them?
>>
File: 1463590798672.jpg (22KB, 256x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463590798672.jpg
22KB, 256x270px
>>10011173

>like I just did with you
Edge

I feel not the smallest slight. If I am prideful or arrogant, I might be, both are untouched. Does that make you impotent? I think it does.

>For you to even suggest
Edge
>online... laughable.
Edge
That's how poorly written anime characters speak, not human beings.

>He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. - Proverbs 18:13
Let's break this down a little more, in context. You like this quote. You think it protects you from analytical scrutiny. Anything I gather, even if only half true or even mostly true, you will claim as my perfect ignorance. It is brittle and poor. What am I answering that I haven't heard? Really, I'm curious. If I'm missing something in such a matter, please tell me the full story so we can meaningfully engage each other. Not wishing to do so is only shrinking and shirking on your part.

I find you vindictive and petty. Is it utterly impossible that anything I've said could have value, could be true? Is every insult aimed at you a sign of idiocy in another, that you are the perfect on high?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.