[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Julius Evola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: th (2).jpg (13KB, 198x300px) Image search: [Google]
th (2).jpg
13KB, 198x300px
The verdict, from lit

Particularly interested in people who don't agree with him, but have read anyways. Do not want to start a \pol\ thread. Feel this is a misunderstanding of a lot of his ideas anyways

Primarily looking at "Revolt Against the Modern World", but also "Ride the Tiger". Some of the essay collections are very interesting as well.

I find his attitude to the Catholic Church a bit contradictory. Throughout his work I get a sense of fairly intense cultural catholicism, but of course he rejects all christian morality. How does someone reconcile this? When he refers to himself as a "Catholic Pagan", is this meaningless, or an interesting comment on the mixed roots of the Church?

Discussion of other Traditionalist authors is welcome as well. Understand fairly few have read beyond Evola / Sorel but interested to discuss both those and anyone else with a similar aristocratic view.
>>
>>10010653
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs
>>
>>10010988
>Jonathan Bowden
drobbed
>>
>>10010653
it's /pol/ not \pol\
>>
>>10011967
y tho
>>
he gay homo fag
>>
>>10013184
u shd luv him then lol jk
>>
His Ride the Tiger philosophy is as good as any other one. There is no 'right' philosophy for life and there will always be people who agree or disagree with a particular philosophy.
>>
>>10011967
What's wrong with him?
>>
>>10013238
he's a little bit too right-wing
>>
he's saying 'fuck da church', you dumb theonerd

/thread
>>
Currently reading Ride the Tiger and, in regards to my quest for meaning in this meaningless world, I like his ideas so far.

But as i'm not too versed in philosophy, I can't help but feel his interpretation of Nietzche and others is biased.

Also I feel like the idea of "finding God or Being within oneself" is a recurring idea in a lot of authors and even modern "spirituality". Thoughts?
>>
>>10013281
Oh, well I don’t like the sound of that. That’s a bit illiberal.
>>
>>10014416
Liberalism is moral syphilis!

He is almost comically right wing though at times
>>
>>10013474
>Also I feel like the idea of "finding God or Being within oneself" is a recurring idea in a lot of authors and even modern "spirituality". Thoughts?

it's an extremely common cornerstone of all spiritual doctrines that God is the essence of our existence
>>
>>10013474
The Catholic in me says that the whole finding god within you is hubristic nonsense, but I think as you say in a meaningless world you have to start with seeing divinity in yourself, given its basically impossible to see it around you in the kind of environments most of us live in.

I love his views on cyclic history, like you say he is incredibly selective from what he's read in order to back up his own view (which he obviously formed before reading any of the people he cites, and would never have changed based on what they say), but I find his discussion on the sort of beginning counter culture drugs music etc absolutely fascinating.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.