[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the longest book you've finished in one go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: extremereading.jpg (32KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
extremereading.jpg
32KB, 400x298px
What's the longest book you've finished in one go?
>>
>>10010011
What, in a day? Or just cover to cover without abandoning it intermittently? Because the first one, nothing. I can't read that fast. But if the latter? The Old Testament.
>>
>>10010011
The Prince. It was a hell of a night, I remember reading that thing at 3:00 a.m. Good times.
>>
File: 51VG3HQ8HVL.jpg (41KB, 315x475px) Image search: [Google]
51VG3HQ8HVL.jpg
41KB, 315x475px
Short and easy but interesting.
>>
The Sword of Truth. Took me seven hours.

>>10010011
nice get
>>10010000
>>
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma I finished without even breaking to eat back when I was 11, haven't marathoned a book since
>>
>>10010011
ANTHEM by annie R, it was fun
>>
>>10010011
P R O U S T
>>
I read Zettel's Traum one sitting.
>>
No Longer Human. It was like looking in a mirror that only reflected my worst qualities.
>>
>>10010017
>What, in a day? Or just cover to cover without abandoning it intermittently?
Reading continually without losing the feel of the movel .
>>
>>10010011
>book
does homestuck count
>>
TREASURE ISLAND on like a two hour plane ride.

I always feel like I don’t remember as well when I read for more than two or so hours straight. When I got to page 600 or so of INFINITE JEST I started reading 100 pages at a time and that took a good while. Great times, though. Fuck the haters - read it.

>except for that gay tennis game that lasts 40 pages
>and the stupid intercontinental war game
>>
A Single Man
>>
I marathoned The Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye because I procrastinated in high school. Got A's in the classes too. Did it with Shane in middle school. Haven't done it since but I did a fairly quick runthrough of the first four Dark Tower novels. King is the worst writer of all time.
>>
The 6th Harry Potter, can't remember which one but I read it surprisingly fast
Probably had to do with the fact that the first one I actually had to wait for its release
>>
I read all of Pride and Prejudice the day before it was required for high school. I played the audiobook as I was reading to keep a pace/focus better. I think it was 8-9 hours
>>
File: 667.jpg (36KB, 309x500px) Image search: [Google]
667.jpg
36KB, 309x500px
This is the only book that I've read in one sitting. I was in jail at the time so it was either this or stare at the wall.
>>
iirc I read All Quiet on the Western Front in one sitting in tenth grade. I also might have read Never Let Me Go all at once but I'm not sure about that one
>>
>>10010011
The Wave
>>
>>10010613
I read like 10 Louis L'amour books in jail. It was either county for a few weeks or probation for 3 years. Ha.
>>
I read both Invisible Cities and The Stranger in one sitting.
>>
>>10010018
Did you even remember anything it now?
>>
>>10010011
The Gates of Paradise, by Jerzy Andrzejewski.
>>
Prometheus Bound
>>
>>10010613
What landed you in prison? What was the library like there?
>>
Breakfast of Champions
>>
>>10010011
I think that's what I look like when I read
>>
When I was 12 I spent an entire Sunday reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and finished it that same day. The next day I told other kids at school that I read the whole book in one day and nobody believed me.
>>
I remember reading Animal Farm all in one night.
>>
I read a 300+ reply thread on /b/ once.
>>
File: tumblr_nim7tm7jXb1reeme2o1_1280.png (726KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nim7tm7jXb1reeme2o1_1280.png
726KB, 1280x1280px
doctor sax
>>
>>10010011
brave new world in one sitting, not too difficult, but I don't usually do books in one; I like to move around alot.
>>
I read The Mists of Avalon when I was about ten years old and only took breaks to eat lunch and dinner.
I don't remember the exact amount of pages, but I think the German version is 1000+ pages long.
>>
Naked lunch. In one afternoon, like maybe 3-4 hours. Third time reading it. Taking notes for an assignment. Got A+.
>>
File: dune1.jpg (3MB, 1684x2309px) Image search: [Google]
dune1.jpg
3MB, 1684x2309px
Dune, with just a sleep break.
>>
I think The Kyballion. I was (and still am to some degree) obsessed with Hermetic Philosophy.
Not very impressive but I cannot read at Bloom-esque speed, unfortunately.
>>
I did it with Sentimental Education. I also think I read Demons in like 36 hours for that same class.

Recently I did it with 'And Then There Were None' (my first and only Agatha Christie, didn't really care for it). Ham on Rye as well.
>>
>>10010011
The second novel in the earthsea cycle
>>
The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.