[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best books to read high, pls. I love reading stoned and would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-Kierkegaard.jpg (13KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Kierkegaard.jpg
13KB, 220x326px
Best books to read high, pls. I love reading stoned and would like some ideas. Basically any philosophy is great, GR is great too, isn't it? Gimme some poetry, if you can.
>>
>>10007942
The Bible mixed with the Zossima chapters of The Brothers Karamazov mixed with William Blake.
>>
>>10007942
Tennyson's Maud!
>>
>>10007942
Read Finnegan's Wake aloud to yourself.
>>
File: soren.jpg (261KB, 1173x1076px) Image search: [Google]
soren.jpg
261KB, 1173x1076px
>philosophy
plato and the neoplatonists, my man kierkegaard, descartes' "discourse on the D," NEETzsche, augustine. don't try to read Kant while you're high unless you've got a direct line to the noumena.

>fiction
last time i was stoned (years ago), i read "if on a winter's night a traveler..." and distinctly recall physical sensations impressed upon me from the prose—such as when the kid from chapter 2 is wrestling the other boy over that picture of a woman. a much better book than i expected.

>poetry
if you have a weakness for melancholy, keats. wordsworth, if you're older and more sentimental. john ashberry and richard wilbur are the only two modern fellas of whom i can think worth a damn.

>>10008132
>starets zosima chapters
excellent recommendation. i love when he asks that woman, "are you being sincere?" and she confesses that she can't escape being conscious of others' perception of her. hilarious and timeless

>>10008343
this, but also chaucer
>wann that aprill with the shoores soote
>the droucht of march hath peirced to the roote
>and bathyd ev'ry vyne in swytch liquor
>of which virtue engend'rd is the flo'or
dude just speak english LMAO
>>
>>10009457
How do you pronounce shit like ev'ry and flo'or?
>>
>>10009502
>whan that ahp-rill with the sho-rez sew-tuh
>the drew-kt of march hath pear-said to the row-tuh
>and bath-ed ehvree vine in switch lick-koor
>of which vir-two en-gender'd is the flue-wehr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GihrWuysnrc
this guy has such confidence and flow in his reading
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.