[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favourite words of a complex nature thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1478463491311.jpg (380KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478463491311.jpg
380KB, 2560x1600px
My favourites are still ataraxia (lucid, robust tranquility) and eudaimonia (human flourishing) but lately I've been identifying other subtle feelings that one can only describe with multiple words. Not so bad of course, but I'm just curious if their are any non native speakers present, or whatever, who may have a word to attach to these.

__________: the kind of melancholy that is lifted for ones being above its effects despite acceptance.

__________: a brief but vivid sensation of nostalgia for a moment you never really experienced to begin with.

__________: a soaring giddiness despite a calm exterior.

Needed for writing projects, so lit related.
>>
>>10006315
>__________: the kind of melancholy that is lifted for ones being above its effects despite acceptance.
your brains broken and google would answer the ones you can make coherent. you killed a thread for this, tripfag. consider killing yourself instead next time.
>>
>>10006343
Says a broken brained toddler. How can I help you?

And you didn't have anything to add to this dead thread >>10004772 the fault is your own.
>>
File: Def. Yugen.jpg (31KB, 555x417px) Image search: [Google]
Def. Yugen.jpg
31KB, 555x417px
>>
what's the point of using some of these words when the majority of your readers aren't going to understand what the heck you're talking about?
I understand using them for personal reasons
>>
>>10007405
Well that's like asking why does Nabokov use such big words or talk so unnaturally. Why doesn't he take a tip from Hemingway?
How it works is up to me.
>>
File: Sonder.gif (804KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
Sonder.gif
804KB, 500x715px
Sonder
>>
File: kintsukuroi.jpg (71KB, 529x794px) Image search: [Google]
kintsukuroi.jpg
71KB, 529x794px
Kintsukuroi

Not even an immature "cuck"
No more "moist" poster?

There seems less people here than I remember.
>>
I like the word nefelibata in Spanish and Portuguese. From Ancient Greek νεφελοβάτης (nephelobátēs, “one who walks the clouds”), from νεφέλη (nephélē, “cloud”) + βάτης (bátēs, “walker”).
>>
>>10008241
>nephelobátēs
I like. Takk fyrir
>>
i have a gigantic repository for eclectic words, and i'm not going to share it.
here's one of them,
schaccic
another,
ultion
>>
God butterfly sucks so fucking much

What is it with tripfags? Every goddamn time, they suck ass. It's always the cringiest most reddit motherfuckers.
>>
>>10008445
agreed, i mean
>their
ffs. maybe learn the basics of a language before you start to demand that there are gaps that need to be filled in it.
>>
Stop making threads
Thanks
>>
Rate my favourite word..ehkhm, ekhm....

Nigger
>>
>>10009015
Fuck
yourself, 'tismo
>>
>>10006315
>the kind of melancholy that is lifted for ones being above its effects despite acceptance.

i have been trying to parse this for about five minutes, but your precise meaning still escapes me.

have some other words:

orogeny
telson
petrichor and geosmin

and my current favorite:

arbuscular mycorrhiza
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.