[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he reconcile his two loves of tradition and boipussy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Yukio_Mishima[1].jpg (16KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Yukio_Mishima[1].jpg
16KB, 250x203px
How did he reconcile his two loves of tradition and boipussy?
>>
>>10005359
Admiration of the male body falls into both categories fairly perfect.
>>
>>10005359
He killed himself.

>>10005365
Depends on which tradition, doesn't it? Regardless, Mishima was obviously a self-loathing gay.
>>
>>10005370
>Depends on which tradition, doesn't it?
Not really
>>
>>10005370
>self-loathing gay

Quite the opposite. He writes about homosexuality openly and celebratorily in Forbidden Colours, and in Sun & Steel he demonstrates a clear but not unhealthy love for both his physical body and mind.
>>
>>10005359
I think most people don't understand Mishima. I think everything would clear up if people read his books instead of his Wikipedia article.
>>
>>10005359
Homoeroticism is essential to the production of higher civilization. See: Rennaisance Italy, Ancient Greece
>>
>>10005390
OP here. I've read Forbidden Colours, Sun and Steel, and Spring Snow. I'm still unclear as to how he resolved these two things. Perhaps you could suggest some reading?

>>10005393
Yes, I noticed that Greek pederasty was discussed in Forbidden Colours. The mentor/student relationship of the novel is also an allusion to it of course
>>
File: 053 - ZdO4nyD.jpg (47KB, 636x781px) Image search: [Google]
053 - ZdO4nyD.jpg
47KB, 636x781px
No idea but I'm virtually in the same boat and I can tell you it is truly agonizing.
>>
>>10005441
It's easy: you can be a faggot without advertising it to society or demanding people to kowtow and prostrate in favor of your degeneracy. Remember, you have the same human rights as everyone else. You don't need to be a snowflake about it.
>>
>>10005404
You need to read Confessions of a Mask.
>>
>>10005404
finish the sea of fertility, he pretty much spells it out
>>
>>10005376
I don't know if he was a "self-loathing gay" but he is obviously self-loathing and gay.
>>
>>10005441
It's fine to be gay as fuck if you live for the emperor.
>>
>>10005460
Thanks, I plan to read it soon

>>10005468
Nah. What makes you say so?
>>
>>10005359
By keeping a platoon of uniformed soldier-twinks constantly at the ready and by committing sudoku as the only means to resolve the ponderous contradictions that comprised his tortured psyche?
>>
>>10005376
Admittedly, I've only read Confessions of a Mask and took it to be auto-biographical. And it seemed quite anguishing to me.
>>
>>10006008
He was crazy for other reasons, but definitely had issues squaring his homosexuality with the traditionalist wife-and-kids family life that he saw as the correct model for human existence.

He viewed his homoeroticism in the classical Grecian manner, as an expression of hypermasculinity rather than effeminacy. But it's clear that it still bothered him to an extent.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.