[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what books have you only read because of 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: norwegianWood.jpg (24KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
norwegianWood.jpg
24KB, 307x475px
what books have you only read because of 4chan?
>>
Tundra
>>
>>10004119
can you be 100% sincere to me and tell me, as one person to another, if that is worth reading or not?
>>
>>10004110
Stoner.
>>
>>10004138
If you browse this board, you out of your own will, freely spend your time reading shitposts, either because you enjoy it or have nothing better to do. The book is one massive shitpost. So it's probable you will enjoy it given you browse this board.
>>
File: C-1GYHMVoAA7moF.jpg (190KB, 1328x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C-1GYHMVoAA7moF.jpg
190KB, 1328x2048px
>>
>>10004110
Still nothing, but I'll probably read Stoner.
>>
>>10004110

Shills got me to read Eugenio Loboe. He's great
>>
>>10004228
How can someone from 4chan be tricked into buying this book?

me laugh
>>
>>10004110
Yeah this board tricked me into reading Murakami; that one and IQ84.
>>
>>10004228
>Amidst the chaos of our times, it is a relief to have a brilliant and fearless critic like Angela Nagle to turn to. Unwilling to stomach the liberal shibboleths that fail to adequately explain the emergence and significance of right-wing subculture, she's the only one willing to descend into the grimiest of Internet grottos and give us the benefit of her incisive and cool-headed analysis. --Amber A'Lee Frost, Chapo Trap House
>>
i wouldn't have known who thomas pynchon is if it weren't for /lit/. thanks /lit/ i love ya
>>
Storm of Steel. Thanks for the rec, /lit/.
>>
A good majority of them. Not that I'm shoving memes down my gullet, but I'm always keeping my eye out, and even if I branch out on my own it's with the knowledge that the names I've seen on here have led to that.
>>
>>10004138
If you have a shitty taste in humor like me it may be the funniest thing you've ever read.
>>
>>10005120
yeah i'm probably going to pick that up to. actually i was surprised to learn that the book itself is fairly highly regarded. i thought people only liked it because of the name.
>>
>>10004110
All of them. I wouldn't be reading if it wasn't for /lit/
>>
File: 1283128916241.jpg (29KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1283128916241.jpg
29KB, 320x320px
american psycho, and i enjoyed it
>>
The Crying of Lot 49
Bleeding Edge
4chan got me started with Pynchon
>>
>>10004110
Murakami is womderful
>>
>>10004110
>Trusting this website to suggest reading material

I did however google and read up on several far right authors and philosophies due to their propagation on this site. Strasserism, Mosley, Evola, and so on and so on *sniffs*.
>>
>>10005830
This.

If you didn't have family and friends who were into literature when you were younger, and didn't get a decent schooling with regards to literature, /lit/ is a great place for guidance.
>>
>>10004119
where do I start?
>>
American Psycho which was a garbage book. On of the woest Ibe evrr read. I severely resent the faggots here that suggested it was good.

I often wondered who recommended this shit and where they ived. Who are they? What is their street address? Why did they like this book enough to recommend it? Do they have dogs that bark in their yard? What greater idea is conveyed by thjs novel? What hours do they keep? What drew them to this novel? How far is their home from a wooded area with with heavy concealment?

I feel so many questions unanswerable anon.
>>
File: laurus.jpg (39KB, 326x499px) Image search: [Google]
laurus.jpg
39KB, 326x499px
>>10005867
i've found this to be unironically true as well. for all of the problems with this site, it excels at revealing new art to its users. whether that be anime, books, films, or video games.
>>
>>10005150
>How can someone from 4chan be tricked into buying this book?
I pirated it you dipshit. This site amazes me with its ever stupider stupidity. NO BOUNDARIES

>>10005300
>Unwilling to stomach the liberal shibboleths that fail to adequately explain the emergence and significance of right-wing subculture, she's the only one willing to descend into the grimiest of Internet grottos and give us the benefit of her incisive and cool-headed analysis
Yeah that was dialed up to undergrad newspaper. Must be all the branch swinging.
>>
>>10004110
Im currently reading Norwegian wood & got about 100 pages left. What should I read next from Murakami? I hope it gets darker, if so, what else is dark in similiar tone?

I'm considering The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle or kafka on the shore. What else?
>>
>>
File: i.jpg (24KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
24KB, 354x500px
>>10004110
was fun enough
>>
>>10006422
Hard-Boiled Wonderland. You can pretty much stop after that and pursue some post-war Jap authors who are quite a bit darker
>>
John Dies at the End
>>
File: phyl-undhu.jpg (23KB, 255x346px) Image search: [Google]
phyl-undhu.jpg
23KB, 255x346px
>>10004110
>>
>>10004110

Most of them but /lit/ does actually have decent taste so fair fucks. It's not a good forum for actually discussing them but that's another point altogether.
>>
Celine
>>
File: tao-yates-pic.jpg (484KB, 723x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tao-yates-pic.jpg
484KB, 723x1000px
tai pei
>>
>>10004138

Listen to the Beatles song. It's basically the book in 2 minutes. I liked it because I've been unlucky in my affections for the most part. Frankly, Inliked the movie better, simply for the dissonant musical score.
>>
Didn't anybody read Crystal Grader? I got a big download spike after mentioning it here about six months ago
>>
>>10008312
this.

what a waste of my time it was.
>>
>>10005830
Reading Crime and Punishment, and /lit/ saying I'm a shitter for only reading the one book is what got me into reading t b h.
All 4chan boards oriented around an interest (like /fit/, /lit/, /v/, /o/, etc) are good for getting you into anything you're interested in.
>>
File: IMG_3036.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3036.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>10004110
>>
>>10005830
Same. Every book this board has recommended has been great.
>>
>>10004110
A lot of great books actually.

Catch 22, Something Happened, Blood Meridian, Mythology by Hamilton and most of the classic literature that I would've probably ignored, Crime and Punishment, Dubliners etc.

Thanks lit
>>
>>10009302
Did you like it?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.