[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to take notes on philosophical texts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7884.jpg (265KB, 1242x827px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7884.jpg
265KB, 1242x827px
What's the best way to take notes on philosophical texts?
>>
File: b5bjU.jpg (27KB, 612x446px) Image search: [Google]
b5bjU.jpg
27KB, 612x446px
With a knife!
>>
>>10003445
Yes, not with the olive branch but the bayonet!
>>
impose a quote over a black and white photo of a beach and post it on your instagram
>>
>>10003438
Just put little stars on the pages of the book to quickly find sentences that make you look smart when you are talking with normies
Thats how i do it anyway
btw nice woman attention-whoring cancer on your pic OP
>>
File: IMG_20170910_123503~2.jpg (2MB, 4048x2553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170910_123503~2.jpg
2MB, 4048x2553px
It may not be the best way but I like to do a kind of running commentary for philosophy books. Pic related, when I think there is something worth noting, if there is a particularly difficult section that requires writing to help me think, or if I have an argument for or against a particular idea I'll put a sticky note and write in an exercise book. It isn't about memorisation in most cases, but improving comprehension.
>>
File: American.jpg (76KB, 723x657px) Image search: [Google]
American.jpg
76KB, 723x657px
>>10004955
Now THIS is autism
>>
I'm so bad at taking notes. I wish I could take them like OP. But mine are just disorganized mess which helps me none. I hate having 90 something IQ.
>>
>>10004962
Let me tell you about medieval aristotelianism.
>>
>>10004955
>Reading an author who by the way of Flynn effect is roughly 90-85 IQ compared to modern person

why
>>
>>10005777
Checked.
>>
>>10005013
OPs notes are disorganized too.
if you want a basic format then fold 1/3 of your paper hotdog style and while your reading write down some lines along with page # on the 1/3 side but keep reading right after, when youre finished reading go back to the page and write down your thoughts on the passage you copied on the 2/3 side beside the passage on the 1/3 side.
boom, youve got an easy-to-use & organized notetaking system. If you want to go further in-depth then you can easily pick out a passage from the 1/3 side and write about it on a seperate sheet of paper.
>>
>>10005777
Underrated post
>>
>>10007731
I'm stupid. I don't understand what you suggest. Can you draw an image?
>>
>>10009781
He's describing some sort of butchered Cornell notes system of his own devising. Draw a line such that the page is divided into 1/3 and 2/3 page width columns. Write the passage that needs annotating in the 2/3 column, and write your annotations in the 1/3 column.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.