[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets talk planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: toca.jpg (122KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
toca.jpg
122KB, 640x640px
so /lit/, did you have any specific plans literature-wise for this year? did you/will you achieve it in this last 4 months?

do you have any plans for 2018?

what are the major works you enjoyed the most this year?

will start
>didn't have any specific plans besides learning italian, just wanted to read as much good literature as I could. could've been better but I'm okay with what I've read so far. I believe I will reach fluency in italian by the end of the year.

>next year I want to focus on non-fic, been reading lots of memes that kind of distracted me from philosophy and theology. also want to reach fluency in french and spanish by 2019

>ulysses, moby dick

sorry if it is too much of a blog-post, but I enjoy sharing and reading other people's plans
>>
>>10003419
This "reaching fluency" you talk about - how long does it take you to reach fluency in a new language? Counting from day one I mean
>>
>>10003471
I started learning italian 24 of july, so its almost 2 months. I can write in italian but it takes a bit of time to write a few lines. reading is way easier, I can read few song lyrics without having to look up much words for instance, with some exceptions.

as for talking/listening, I can talk as much as I can write because pronunciation is easy, the problem is vocabulary/sentence building. Listening comprehension, without subtitles I struggle to understand a italian movie, for instance, but with italian subs, although I don't understand like 30~40% of it, I can understand the main plot of the movie.

however I speak brazilian portuguese, and so to learn the other 3 'romance languages' (italian, french, spanish and portuguese) is pretty easy compared to learning english for instance due to the strong similarities between the 4 (which also makes translations between them pretty accurate). I believe the easier will be spanish, because I can pretty much read spanish without ever learning it, and french will be the hardest, while italian I see as a mid-term. But I believe is doable to get fluent at those 2 in one year.
>>
>>10003581
Seems crazy fast, but if you gan pull it off, hats off to you.

As for myself, I intend to stop reading fiction for a year for the first time in my life. I feel like I reached the point where reading another novel, however good, just won't improve my life in a very significant way. I intend to focus on my body, in line with the "Mens sana in corpore sano" idea, further my studies of the middle ages and translation theory. I will also try to sort out the notes for my book, they got a bit chaotic in the recent months. The last thing is my yearly book translation project - one year, one book.

PS: isn't it nice to be able to share all that? If I tried to say that IRL people would think I'm an insufferable, pretentious twat.
>>
>>10003641
>isn't it nice to be able to share all that?
indeed. I don't know anyone that read books, and even if I did, I don't think they'd give a damn. The people I interact with in my day-to-day can't believe how I read books, the only thing they look up for in their lives is going to nightclubs, get drunk and kiss as much people as possible. I can't believe how they do that...

I share that feeling too, about fiction. and although I have a big reading list (some of them in my shelf) and I enjoy almost all books I read, I've come to a point that, in this very moment at least, I don't have any fiction books that I feel like I NEED to read (with exception of finnegans wake, which I will read later this year), so I want to take my time to start reading philosophy, and occasionally throw some fiction inbetween
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.