[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me books to be a better man.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

This is my options, read a couple of them.
>>
First, what is a man to you?
>>
Made some changes...

>>10003156

Someone confident, that is in control of everything, basically a alpha.
>>
Alphas don't read books.

>>10003175
Add The Secret to the list. Changed my life. Culture of Critique is excellent too.
>>
>>10003175
>>10003097
>shitty self-help books

welp
>>
>>10003097
Models by Mark Manson is pretty good. Its basic idea is getting rid of neediness and attaining true-confidence. As well as making yourself vulnerable by forming emotional connections with people. It was a good read.
>>
>>10003201
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc
>>
>>10003097
Philosophy is the best form of systematic and wholesome self improvement one can find, but the type of people who read self-help books with an irritable thirst for a snappy quick fix don't have any affinity for philosophical discourse to begin with.
>>
>>10003546
What is philosophy?
>>
Fuck off back to /r/eddit
>better
Meaningless.
>>
>>10003616
In the Platonic sense, a preperation for death so the soul can become divinized and achieve the end goal of our excistense, this being happiness. During this preperation, one explores the very constitution of human nature and how to a live a virtous life well amongst ones fellow men.

In the popular sense of the word, it means sophistic wankery.
>>
>>10003653
Platonism is sophistic wankery.
>>
>>10003668
ebin! xD
>>
The Quran
>>
File: Cathelineau_0.jpg (208KB, 901x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Cathelineau_0.jpg
208KB, 901x1400px
Baldassare Castiglione's "The Book of the Courtier" is all you're going to need.

Having said that, if you DO want to go a step further in badassery, also read Geoffroi de Charny's "A Knight's Own Book of Chivalry". It's all about the importance of prowess.

Of course, if you were a TRUE man, you'd realize that all that is chaff, that true peace and confidence comes from within, and that you can live a life of contentedness and just read the Tao Te Ching or anything by noted Stoics. That's philosophy with practical applications...

But it sounds like you'll be happier with that courtier book.
>>
>>10003097
>>10003175
hahaha fucking spooked dude
>>
>>10003097
Man's Search for Meaning
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.