[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koyyanisqatsi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Koyaanisqatsi-1280x960.jpg (47KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Koyaanisqatsi-1280x960.jpg
47KB, 1280x960px
Is this the best example of a film that could only have been made in the film medium?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFZ4VpREg0
>>
File: Man With a Movie Camara.jpe.jpg (590KB, 1200x1864px) Image search: [Google]
Man With a Movie Camara.jpe.jpg
590KB, 1200x1864px
It's tied with a Man With a Movie Camara.
>>
>>10003001
8 and a half.
>>
Would agree it's the best example, but I would name surrealistic movies like Inland Empire or behavior studies like nature documentaries also
>>
>>10003258
sounds like they really dodged a bullet
>>
>>10003001
That isn't Interstellar...
>>
>>10003001

Pretty much any film that doesn't centre around dialogue or exposition is an example of a film that is better off being made in the film medium. Sure you could describe the nightmarish sight of a samurai pursuing you over a kaleidoscopic horizon as exists in Kagemusha but seeing it there in pure visceral colour makes a whole world of difference. Just one example.

But I know what you're saying. Koyaanisqatsi is a great example of how image, editing and music creates a unique spectacle.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>10005301
>>
File: 1499449494459.png (141KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499449494459.png
141KB, 600x600px
>>10003001
>film that could only have been made in the film medium
>>
>>10003001
Norbit
>>
>>10003710
Good one. Seems a narrative, but it really isn't. Conclusion is totally cinematic, although it did bring the conclusion of You Can't take it with You (Capra) to mind.
>>
>>10003001
Is this the only good example of a documentary without dialogue? I feel like all the other documentaries in this "genre" just focuses on pretty images, but there is no information or substance in the images. Baraka and Samsara seems so aimless in comparison to Koyaanisqatsi. Visitors had some new interesting ideas, But it mostly just reuses old ideas.I recently watched the trailer for Awaken, and it seems to be just a collection of pretty images.

Awaken Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjVOnHtVTd4
>>
>>10006229

That does in many respects look a lot like a Terrance Malick film only without aim. Hard to decipher from the trailer alone.
>>
obviously it's better in that medium but I don't see why you couldn't just write a book describing what you see throughout the film
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/tv/87573417
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.