[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: aniele borzy.jpg (85KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
aniele borzy.jpg
85KB, 480x330px
Post some mysteroius books. Horror, surreal, religious or whatever you want. Preferably novels. Must be very mysterious. I'm tired of searching the same shit on goodreads.
>>
>>
File: 1466992938631.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1466992938631.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>
>The Golem & The Green Face, Gustav Meyrink
>The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov
>>
Ironically the books for children are fucking amazing. Their authors steal the best ideas.
>>
>>10002871
what books for children? All of them?
>>
>>10002759
Kenneth Grant's Nightside of Eden
>>
>>10004021
Yes all of them. At least fantasy or sci fi ones. Just remoce childish stuff and add more philosophy or violence lel
>>
>>10004665
so basically unrestrained fantasy and sci fi with some sort of grounded personal narrative
>>
>>10004706
This is the kind of story I aspire to write and I've been fruitlessly searching for good examples of it for a long while.
>>
>>10004730
Margaret l'Engle
>>
>>10004734
Sorrey
Madeleine L'Engle
Based christian child sci fi writor
And Rene Barjavel
>>
File: morning-1968.jpg (310KB, 549x909px) Image search: [Google]
morning-1968.jpg
310KB, 549x909px
>>10002759
You'll thank me later.
>>
dunno what you mean by mysterious but kafka on the shore is very surreal. it's like the movie spirited away.
>>
The Night Land by William Hope Hodgson
>>
File: rupetta.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rupetta.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>
>>10005297
>Hodgson
My negro
>>
File: serveimage2.jpg (34KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage2.jpg
34KB, 225x346px
Umberto Eco - The Name of the Rose
>>
File: sp00ki.jpg (65KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
sp00ki.jpg
65KB, 525x700px
Julien Green - La Nuit des fantômes
Not even sure what the English title is, I read it as a kid translated in my native language and it really messed me up. It's a very short story about some kid having some trippy dreams one night that involve the afterlife and sandwiches and ghosts and the snake in the Bible and all sorts of weird stuff. Never read another book like it.
> pic related, it's the cover of the book I read
>>
>>10005391
how was this? i was at a bookstore and chose stoner over this just because the name of the rose seemed very complex. is it a hard read?
>>
>>10006747
I have several Julien Green books but translated in polish
Adrienne Mesurat
L'autre
Frere Francois
Partir avant le jour
Epaves
Mille chemins ouverts
>>
>>10006747
>Not even sure what the English title is
>La Nuit des fantômes
are you retarded
think about it for two seconds
>>
>>10006782
>the nut of fantomas
what does mike pattons sperm have to do with a kids story?
>>
>>10002759
codex seraphinianus
>>
>>10006804
oh so you are retarded
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.