[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I read Wheel Of Time /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wheeloftime[1].jpg (37KB, 680x385px) Image search: [Google]
wheeloftime[1].jpg
37KB, 680x385px
Should I read Wheel Of Time /lit/?
>>
>>10000223
Having read half the series then given up in disgust I offer you a resounding NO.
>>
>>10000223
Read them if you have the time to commit to a 14 book series and you like taking things slow; it's comfy, fun and has some cool ideas. The worldbuilding is top tier. Flaws are mainly the slow pacing (starting after book 6; until then, every book was episodic, meaning that the various parties had sub-quests let's say, that ended with the end of each book. After book 6 though, some of the plotlines continued in the next book(s), which made them tiring for fans that were reading as the series was ongoing. I didn't mind it but I see how it drags on,) and some unlikable characters; the fanbase doesn't really agree on them usually, so you'll just pick your own favourites I guess. You might get more opinions in the /sffg/. It's not a genius work or anything but if you like a retelling of the arthurian myth + other references + quirky characters + worldbuilding + /comfy/ SoL chapters, give it a shot. The first 100 or so pages of the first novel seem like a LotR copy, it's because it's published in 1990 or 1991? LotR copies were popular back then, it comes on its own after the party leaves the village. Don't read it if you want a tight plot and a focused story, read it if you'd like the things I mentioned.

Overall I enjoyed it; my least favourite part were the 3 Sanderson books, but at that point you can't really give it up, and there were some chapters and the epilogue that were written by Jordan before he died, which were worth it. Maybe try the first one and see if it's for you.
>>
It's a series with a well build world and concepts held back by whiny teenage bullshit. Your time is better spent on better books but it's interesting enough if that's your kinda thing
>>
>>10000223
I got to book 3. I'd say no, unless you're invested in fantasy and for some reason need to be well-acquainted with popular series in the genre.
>>
Only if youre below the age of 16.
>>
If you don't mind filler and character tics, I'd say yes. I'm reading it now, and even though it can get bogged down by bullshit, the times where it isn't makes the bullshit worth it, if that makes sense
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.