[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Residential Treatment Centers/Programs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: winona-interrupted.jpg (413KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
winona-interrupted.jpg
413KB, 1000x667px
So things have gotten really bad for me since something happened on Friday. I've started stuttering, developed involuntary spasms that happen occasionally when I think about certain things or just out of nowhere, and sometimes just looking at pictures of cis women or myself in the mirror can flip some switch in my brain that makes me scream out loud. Like really scream and it freaks my family out. I'm afraid that I'll do something like that at school, or a professor will call on me and I'll start stuttering the answer, or I'll have a spasm and people will see. It's bad.

I wanted to go back to the hospital psychiatric ward, but my insurance doesn't cover it anymore, I got switched to a new provider a while ago. So I'd have to go back to this psych facility that is pretty much really bad, and I just don't want to go there right now.

So my mom wants to me to go into a residential program, like a place where I would stay for maybe a long time, and the doctors/psychiatrists/counselors or whatever would work hands-on with me and try to work through my problems over time.

That sounds nice and all, but some part of me is kind of depressed about it. I feel like this is just me giving up kind of, and letting myself be carted off to the loony bin, where I can't take classes or anything. And for all I know, I'll end up racking up a huge bill for my family anyway, when I don't even know how to pay for my surgeries yet.

Has anyone had any experience with these things, or similar rehab? Does it really help? Do you think it would stop my stuttering and other symptoms?
>>
>>8854535
I never found one that was particularly gay friends, let alone trans friendly but I've been to three of them. It sounds like you are having a tic. The only medicines I know that are commonly used for that are anti-psychotics and they have wacky side effects. Maybe therapy though could help calm your reaction to things somewhat. Do you find talking things out with people helpful? Do you want to be around a group of similarly aged people?
>>
>>8854541
friendly* but that was just my bad luck perhaps, I'm sure others have had better experiences finding LGBT peers in rehab.
>>
>>8854535
So do you scream cause you're trans or just like a turbo gay afraid of vaginas.
>>
>>8854547
What's the difference?
>>
Are you going to seek professional help if you don't go in to residential treatment? Because you need help.
>>
>>8854535
Please don't do this. They'll take away your body autonomy. It'll keep you from school and overall it'll be a bad thing unless you're absolutely on your last legs
>>
File: Susanna-Girl-Interrupted.jpg (115KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
Susanna-Girl-Interrupted.jpg
115KB, 1024x678px
>>8854541
Well at the psych places I've been to, they just kind of work around it, like they put me in a room by myself instead of with the boys or the girls. I mean maybe I would prefer having a female roommate to being totally alone, but at least I get my own little bathroom and I can do whatever I want at night, like pace/write/watch videos on my phone.

The biggest difficulties I've had have been with older guys who creep on me, but I think a residential center might be more segregated in that respect, and I'm a big girl so I can handle myself. There have also been problems with staff who don't get me what I need, so I start freaking out over not having my medication, then the staff lies to my face about it and makes me feel like I'm actually crazy, etc. Just run-of-the-mill psych ward BS.

The only real problem would be if another patient clocked me. In the state I'm in now, I would probably freak the fuck out and I'd probably have to be sedated. But I don't think that's happened in a long time.

>>8854547
MtF.
>>
>>8854577
Yeah I'm pretty sure any mainstream place would make you room alone rather than place you with a female roommate. I wish I was allowed female roommates in rehab, but I'm not trans, it just seems like a nicer environment.

Yeah if you need to be sedated often I'd recommend a more medical facility, or at least a place with nurses nearby at all times.
>>
>>8854535
>So my mom wants to me to go into a residential program, like a place where I would stay for maybe a long time, and the doctors/psychiatrists/counselors or whatever would work hands-on with me and try to work through my problems over time.
i wish someone would help me
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.