[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

options for online interaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

What are some of /lgbt/'s favourite non-4chan online discussion areas/chat boards/etc?

I've been visiting 4chan on and off for almost a decade, and while it does have a special place in my heart, I often find myself overwhelmed by the hateful garbage that /pol/ and their ilk interject with. I deal with enough of that in my day-to-day and when I'm in the comfort of my own home I'd rather spend my browsing time in an environment that's a little cozier. Where are the nice people online? I find most popular subreddits unappealing as well, mostly due to the hivemindiness, and the more niche ones with good communities can be hard to find. I've been on Tumblr since the site started and it's gone downhill in a huge way; there's very little user interaction and instead has become an instagram-esque culture of users congregating around the tumblr-famous.

Are Discord and closed FB groups some of the few places left where one can have meaningful anonymous interactions with internet pals?
>>
Leddit tbqh. That's the truth of it.

I feel like you get much more honesty and a lot less hugboxing here than anywhere else. It's why I stick around.

t. Biscum
>>
>>8851092
What are some of your go-to subreddits if you don't mind sharing? I'm not necessarily looking to discuss solely LGBT topics, just looking for like-minded people. It seems that anywhere I go to talk about literally anything (videogames, movies, music, books, news) I encounter people trying to wedge their intolerance into the discussion. Is this just the nature of anonymity on the internet, combined with immaturity? Why does it seem impossible to have interactions online that can compare to the quality of real life?
>>
>>8851140
The easiest way is to go after communities you're interested in. Like I am in a discord with programmers, a fb group for entrepreneurs, and subreddits that all revolve around my interests. That's how Ive made great friends on the internet and avoided the whole "my queerness makes my life hard" thing every few minutes.

This (/lgbt/) is the only real LGBT oriented community I visit. If someone asks me from one of the other groups I'm in, I'm open about it and that's that.
>>
>>8851083
Talking to people one-on-one from off 4chan.
>>
Depends on what sort of community you're looking for in general. Like a loosely LGBT place, or more focused on certain topics? For example I would refer transgender people to /r/asktransgender as it's one of the few bastions of trans discussion. A bit too liberal for my tastes but still a safe space.
>>
>>8851176
>A bit too liberal for my tastes but still a safe space.
Extremely censorious mods.
>>
>>8851176
I suppose loosely LGBT, but for talking about things like new album releases in the manner I enjoy on /mu/ or tech news on /g/. I guess I just want a community that has each other's backs; for example, on 4chan if someone mentions Frank Ocean, there's suddenly a reply hurling homophobic and racial slurs at him, and the thread gets derailed with other users coming out of the woodwork to agree with that vitriol. I'd prefer to be browsing in an arena where that kind of reply wouldn't be typed in the first place. Reddit downvoting is pretty effective at making sure I wouldn't see a comment like that were it made, but that's only effective for the more obvious shitposting, and ordering a conversation by Popularity Points has its own host of issues. I prefer the chronological format of 4chan.

Idk, I guess I just want to feel like I'm engaging with people that are "with it" and I'm not wasting my time typing out sentences.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.