[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HRT and mathematics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

Hey /tttt/, I need you to share some personnal experience.
I'm in my last year of high school and about to get on HRT (MtF, DIY).
The thing is, in all modesty, I'm really good at maths, and today I'm thinking about pushing this gift as far as I can after I graduate. I have no problem with not being able to do this if I get on HRT, but I want to know this before so I can rethink about what I do after I graduate.
I remember there was a thread with trannies exchanging about how going on HRT altered their abilities in fighting and driving games it was interesting but not exactly what I was looking for.
If you have noticed any changes in your intelligence while you were taking HRT please share your experience, it could be very interesting.
Thanks by advance, lots of <3
>>
>>8850466
Transition has no long-term proven benefits.
Don't trap yourself.
STOP FAPPING, START LIVING!

In regards to mental effects of HRT, I can't help you there as I don't take it - but the safest bet is not to trap yourself.

There's also that SC2 pro player, and she seems to be doing fine. I doubt it would affect intelligence too dramatically, as you still have a male brain.
>>
>>8850474
I don't care anout long-term proven benefits and I haven't fapped in a while, I'm taking that decision with full information and responsibility, but thanks for your concern.
The SC2 player doing fine is very reassuring, thanks
>>
>>8850478
You're welcome. Best of luck in finding the answers, I'd be quite interested in this one myself!

Appreciate being informed and you being respectful, by the way.
>>
>>8850481
HRT has made it hard for me to recall words, but i feel sharper in other ways desu
>>
There is a reason for the meme that mtf can be either programmer or sex worker. I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
>>8850483
That's an interesting effect.
In regards to mathematics, can you remember numbers as well?

Also, in what ways do you feel "sharper"? Explain more if you can.

>>8850484
This is quite true. Logical analysis shouldn't be affected, but memory potentially might.
>>
>>8850488
i haven't done anything to do with mathematics in ages :/ so i wouldn't know sorry.
>>
>>8850481
Even if I don't necesarily agree with you, you appear to me to be doing what you do out of genuine concern for people's well-being, so I like you! Lots of <3 on you cureanon!

>>8850483
Do you mean you have words on the tip of your tongue more often? Also what do you mean by "sharper"? This is interesting btw, thanks!

>>8850484
I also think about becoming a programmer, am I a meme yet ?
Otherwise, I kind of see your point, but I think mathematical instincts and programming logic are rather different forms of intelligence, so I do worry a bit tbhon. Thanks anyways!

>>8850495
Don't worry about it, if you feel like it has affected other forms of intelligence I think everybody would be interested though!
>>
I'm in uni doing maths right now and I feel the same as I always did desu, if anything Im probably doing better after getting on hrt cause I'm not as depressed (more willing to study/actually turn up to lectures etc.)

I should point out though that I'm on bica and I think that it interacts with test in a different way to Spiro/cypro
>>
There are plenty of very intelligent cis women. Weird question.
>>
I'm a math major at university and I started HRT when I turned eighteen.

I remember feeling slightly dumber and less coordinated while I was taking Spiro and oral estrogen.

After swapping to sub-dermal estrogen pellets and having an orchiectomy, that feeling has pretty much completely disappeared.

Honestly, I feel like it was the Spiro. There are some articles online about how it can negatively affect cognition in healthy males, although I obviously don't know how relevant this would be for trans women.

See: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17035932
>>
>>8850577
Yeah. A lot of people here are far right so I think that's where it comes from. Right wingers tend to buy into some really sexist ideas.
>>
>>8850466
I haven't done any serious math in a few years, but I can tell you that I haven't noticed any difference in my programming skill. Antiandrogens 6 months, no estrogen.
>>
>>8850611
Why does spiro suck so much?
>>
>>8850570
That's reassuring, thanks anon! Also good luck for your uni!

>>8850577
Not my point at all, sorry this was taken wrong, what I means was HRT obviously affects cognitions in various ways and I want to know if it can affect maths. Maybe being good at maths isn't the same for cis boys and girls, I have no idea so I ask here for further information.

>>8850611
That's very good to know, I'll read the article when I get home, thanks a lot anon! Also good luck with your major!
>>
File: 987977.jpg (347KB, 1500x1678px) Image search: [Google]
987977.jpg
347KB, 1500x1678px
>>8850667

That's because spironolactone is a TERF invention that was created to maintain cis-female supremacy by ensuring that even lucky trannies who managed to get onto HRT at a young age were given inferior femininity-suppressing anti-androgens that turned them into cone-titted hobgoblins with MPB and lowered cognition.
>>
>>8850692
I just read it. Summary:
- Spiro hinders selective attention/concentration, task switching, and visuospatial memory.
- Spiro does not appear to affect verbal memory, psychomotor slowness, spatial orientation, or working memory.
- Spiro does not appear to affect panic response.
>>
>>8850714
That sounds really bad with ADHD, if I don't misundersrand "hinders"...
>>
>>8850714

When the fuck will the farmaceutical industry invent a really good AA?

Right now the best technique we have is castration, and that was invented in the paleolythic.

That says a lot about the actual state of AAs
>>
>>8850851
I didn't misunderstand "hinders", fuck my life, anybody with ADHD and on spiro who had a nice life?
>>
>>8850484

>There is a reason for the meme that mtf can be either programmer or sex worker.

>tfw in Latin American countries it's either hair dresser or sex worker

>inb4 that's because non-Whites are more likely to be HSTS, not AGP
>>
>>8850466
HRT DOESN'T CHANGE YOUR INTELLIGENCE OR THINKING CAPABILITIES
>>
>>8850466
HRT doesn't effect core abilities, skill, or potential, but it can effect certain motivations and focuses, as well as emotional capacities. Basically, if you're smart now, that's not going to change if you go on HRT, but there is a potential that your ability to focus on certain tasks might deteriorate, but this can be adjusted through other medication, or adapted to over time.
>>
>>8850466
you sound like me five years ago.
i want to tell you where i'm at now.

i have my HRT consultation in 18 days. I have arrived at the point that the wrong hormones in my head are so disruptive and impeding that i cannot any longer enjoy academic growth (my only joy my entire life. no friends because had a fake male persona i'd toss up, which was a learned survival mechanism from my christian environment). Gifted math programs all my life, published works, quant at an algo trading firm, the whole nine yards.

it started out slight like you're describing. but the strange notion in your thoughts grows into touching sandpaper, and grows into nails on a chalkboard, and is now as though my muscles are turning to ash and i want to scream to the world my sensation but no sound comes out, and i can't breathe. forgive the metaphoric description of what it now feels like to think, but i can promise you that i will not last another six months without putting the right hormones in my head. I know that if i put it off any longer i will die.

I'm aware that in hrt i'm fundamentally changing my nature of thought and by extension my intellect. but i've concluded that it's more ethical to be alive and possibly stupid as opposed to my current talents and deceased.

I thought it was unethical of anyone to willingly risk their own mind. five years later, i've changed my conclusion.

please do not put it off once you know.
>>
>>8850697
Are there any other AAs that are legal in the US? I'm considering starting HRT next year (after i lose some weight), will legit places give me something else if i say i'm afraid of spiro side effects or should I just go DIY?
>>
>>8853670
lupron is your only option
>>
My ability to think logically or have lots of spatial awareness has decreased significantly.

Now I have an extreme ability for intuition, and communicating with others.

I'm actually taking less pills now and i'm gonna start being more active and try to exercise my male brain-parts more because this has been a little harsh on me emotionally. I miss the way my brain was when I was just a femboy.

Your math skills will definitely deteriorate. Mine were already horrible and now I can't really ever think. HRT makes me feel like an impulsive animal simply responding to everything that happens to me.

Though that might just be depression.
>>
>>8850466
1.5 years HRT here, and I'm a math major. Ive gotten into some pretty intense math but I don't think HRT has affected my abilities really.

My interest for math stayed aswell, but interest for videogames disappeared. HRT has made me a lot more emotional and confident, but hasn't had many negative mental effects desu.
>>
>>8850466
i've always been retarded for numbers, logic thinking and spatial awareness EXCEPT i can parallel park really well lmao
>>
My cognitive ability didn't change, as far as I can tell, but my motivations did. I used to be great at pushing through work, but now I find it much harder to get motivated. Not sure if I can attribute it directly to hormones, though.

The most profound mental change I felt was increased empathy, deeper emotions, more extroversion, and feeling like a fog that's been over me all my life was lifted - like those claritin commercials
>>
>>8853670
an orchiectomy
>>
>>8850714
Wow, that...actually makes a lot of sense. I feel like I've struggled with attention since starting hormones.

Fuckin spiro. Why doesn't burgerland have cypro
>>
>>8853962
Oh, expanding, another effect of HRT is I have a weaker image of myself in my mind. Just less daring, I guess.

For example, the Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies, and I loved all the joker scenes. Watching them in the past, my thoughts were "oh crap! He just did X! He's unstoppable! How do the cops defend against this?"

Now when I watch it, I'm constantly anxious about how this character will be able to escape or what if he messes up or whatever. Also, I feel much less confident about if I could deal with someone else physically. Like I feel like 90% of guys could probably destroy me, and it was a weird mindset change from being usually the strongest person in the room.
>>
>>8854141
>Also, I feel much less confident about if I could deal with someone else physically. Like I feel like 90% of guys could probably destroy me, and it was a weird mindset change from being usually the strongest person in the room.
Coming from masculinity, this is the most disorienting thing. I hate walking at night now. It's just about a universal experience for women...even the strongest cis women are profoundly weaker than men
>>
>>8854141
you self insert as the joker?
>>
>>8854159
No, I just like characters that seem like a force of nature. Like he's a monster but you can still be in awe of a monster like the thing in "The Thing", or Anton Chigurh.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him but he is a very interesting character.
>>
>>8854141
Funny.
Before HRT I couldn't give two fucks who "joker" is or what this boring nerd shit is about but after HRT I learned who he is and started rooting for him.

And not I am not FTM.
>>
>>8854152
Seconded, it's so intensely disorienting. I was cuddling with this one guy who didn't seem particularly strong, probably below average. We started half-wrestling and it was insanely jarring. He could hold my hand and just move my arms whichever way no matter how much I resisted, like I was a little kid or something. Like the way he could throw me around if he wanted was apparent for the first time, and it was sorta scary.

I feel like some cis girls don't understand just how much stronger guys are. They are literally walking self-supplying steroid machines.
>>
>>8854152
>>8854253
This really is something. I always thought that "women are weak" was just a meme, something butthurt /r9k/bots tell themselves to justify their hate for women but I can't say that anymore after having a guy, who was just this weak-looking nerd, lie on me and the next day I had bruises all over my body and everything.
>>
>>8854274
You know sometimes I wish I could put the whole world on HRT for a month. Gender conflict would disappear overnight.
>>
>>8854310
>sometimes I wish I could put the whole world on HRT for a month.
you people are psychopaths
>>
>>8854310
>>8854367
Yeah, 1 month hrt would be useless. If you did enough hrt to actually have effects, that'd be psycho af.
>>
>>8850466
My math skills got better. It's probably due to not being a suicidal lunatic, but I think estrogen making you bad at math is memes.
>>
>>8854367
Obviously not literally you asshat. You've gotta admit living on both sides of gender might give you some kind of insight to how the other half lives?
>>
>>8850466

I know it's not the same level of hormones, but I took the combination birth control pill at the highest estrogen level and it just fucked with my emotions and possibly some weight gain as well, but I majored in mathematics while on it, so no hormones don't fuck with your ability to do math
>>
>>8854552
How bad did it fuck with your emotions? I've heard really mixed things about hormonal birth control from my cis friends
>>
>>8854692
It depends. I'm on a 2-week injection cycle rn. I get really really emotional the last 3 days before I get a shot because my hormone levels drop. Like it's rare if I don't cry at least once a day in that last bit.

On pills, it's less fluctuation, but still pretty emotional because HRT just makes you emotional in general(for mtfs). But the good thing is you are also happy a lot.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.