[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont keep up with all the lingo around the LGBT community.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1503811827242.png (72KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
1503811827242.png
72KB, 449x498px
I dont keep up with all the lingo around the LGBT community.
How can you Gay and Cis? I see alot of people identifying as a Cis Gay Male how does that work?
Is it a FTM who like males?
>>
cis just means you identify with the gender you were assigned at birth, basically non tranny
>>
>>8849537
Cis gay male means you don't have autism that compels you to larp as a gay male woman.
>>
>>8849537
Cis and trans are latin terms borrowed from chemistry
Cis means same side, trans means opposite
cis gay men are therefore same side as cis straight men
>>
>>8849544
>>8849547
So basically they are saying they are a gay male?
why not just say that. i fucking has all these names tags and acronyms
>>
>>8849564
yea, it's a bit dumb and confusing but i've gotten used to it lol
>>
>>8849564
Saying you are trans means you crossed to yhe opposite side, as in gender
Cis means you're same side, as in you never switched genders

It's just people mixing latin and english
>>
>>8849564
They are just being more specific. Cis is a kind of gay male (one who has not transitioned). Since when has specificity been a bad thing?
>>
>>8849564
because an ftm can also be just gay male. so you have to distinguish between cis gay males and trans gay males
>>
>>8849564
No, ftm is gay woman larping as a straight male.
>>
>>8849564
"society is developing more advanced colloquialisms and I'm very anti-social so I hate feeling like I'm not keeping up in life so I take it out on everyone else instead of just saying oh okay cool thanks"
>>
>>8849564
It's useful for certain contexts, though. Having a word like heterosexual or straight is useful when discussing gay people and having the word cisgender is useful when discussing transgender people.
>>
>>8850008
no, actually you don't have to distinguish shit. the vast majority of people are cis, you aren't distinguishing anything until you begin talking about trans people because they are the statistical anomaly.

cis is a word that makes trans people feel better about themselves
if trans people weren't absolutely batshit insane they would be OK with people assuming they were cis like everyone else and then when they feel the need they can correct others. "No, I'm actually trans" but when do they actually ever need to do this? If you're a trans woman and you get mistaken for a cis woman would this not be flattering to you?
Well for the ones who aren't insane it would. But even the ones who "pass" need to create issues out of nothing and attempt to shame people for making assumptions that have an extremely high statistical probability. Which is why y'all get so much hate, deservedly so.
>>
>>8849544
Cis as a word is full of shit because normal people don't identify as anything. We just know we are our sex. It means not delusional.
Trannies need to stop thinking their insanity is shared.
>>
>>8851471
The vast majority of people are straight, yet we still use that term on the reg
you're just upset because it's something you aren't used to
>>
>>8851471
trans ppl...are okay with that. it is extremely rare for a passing trans person to declare themselves trans to the world. its only in conversations amongst other trans ppl and lgbtetc communities that its frequently distinguished. but by your generous use of the word "insane" i doubt youre interested in actually understanding reality and would rather cling to the version of trans ppl that youve fabricated.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.