[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I know if a guy is gay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: gaydar-test.jpg (41KB, 346x288px) Image search: [Google]
gaydar-test.jpg
41KB, 346x288px
I know this question probably gets asked hundred times a day here, but I just want to know how do I know if a guy is gay or not.
There's this handsome fella in my uni group whom I'm pretty attracted to, however we live in a really, really homophobic country (Russia) so there's no way I would ever be able to just ask him if he's gay without being sure that I won't be ridiculed, and subsequently ostracized by everyone we know. And even if he really is one, I wouldn't surprised if he said "no" because he fears the same thing.

Other things I've considered:
>Observe his behavior about girls
We're in STEM, there are 2 females in our department of 25, of which one is ugly and another is married. I've never heard him speak about girls or having a gf, but then again, neither have I heard that anyone else in there, with exception of like 4-5 people
>Check his social media
A token vk (rus fb) account with few photos and few female friends. Again, normal for most folks in my group.
>Get drunk together and ask "jokingly"
He's one of those people who just go quiet when drunk, not much different from when he's sober really.

I'm running out of options here. Help me fellas.
>>
Fucking ask them
For fucks sake
>>
>>8846442
You don't fucking understand how this shit works in less developed parts of the world. Being a faggot is absolutely haram here, most folks would have questions for you even if you said you didn't hate them.
>>
>>8846450
In which part of the world you are, anon?

I'm from Brazil and people are pretty chill here.
>>
>>8846455
As I said in the OP, Russia. Everyone is expected to dislike the west and everything it stands for (including gay rights, easily the most commonly disliked part). If you don't do it, you're the weird one, if you're one of them, you're the outcast. I really don't want this thread to turn into politics, just wanted to outline the depth of this problem.
>>
>>8846470
I meant from where in Russia, bruv.

I was born in Poland, Warsaw, my family were literally nazis - Went to Brazil to escape prosecution.
>>
>>8846475
Moscow. I know it's supposed to be the most liberal, westernized part, but everyone I know still dislikes faggots, because that's what everyone does.
>>
>>8846455
his guy has a vk account, so Russia or a former SSR most likely.
>>
>>8846477
Damn, if you were in other place I could point you to some of my old friends there.
They are pretty chill people.

But yeah man, this part of Europe fucking hates people like us, you should move wherever you can.
>>
>>8846499
>everyone I talk to about life for more than several minutes says I should move.
This is becoming a pattern, life really is shit . I thought I'd be able to find happiness here, at least.
>>
You don't.

Leave him alone you faggot.
>>
>>8846436
might seem dumb but if you try to make friends with him first and get to know him better.

this is win-win as just bc he might be gay doesn't mean he will like you, and if you have nothing in common then a relationship wouldn't work anyway. if you make friends with him, you can be a little more probing, asking if he has a gf and so on, even if he's straight or whatever you now have a good friend, and if you can't bear to be around him you can slowly break it off

good luck anon, you'll need it
>>
>>8846608
Shit, I knew I forgot I mention the most important part. I've known him for 2 years, only started feeling attracted to him fairly recently. I'm acting much more friendly towards him than before now, but I don't know what does he make of it. I guess we're pretty good friends, but I can't help but think that my advances would feel even more awkward because of that.
>>
>>8846608
This.
>>
>>8846635
oh dear, i think this changes things a bit. anything like asking if he has a gf are probably going to set an alarm off. if you have a good thing going i wouldn't risk it as chances are he's not some hidden gay but just a normal russian straight dude who has a gf he sees on the side or is single, and the other girls in your group don't sound too great.

chances of getting anywhere are probably less than 10% anon, i personally wouldn't push it
>>
>>8846684
Do you think chances are so low because if he was gay all along, I would've known it already? Well I don't know senpai, people aren't really used to faggotry here, so if he was one, I'd understand if he wanted to stay deep in the closet. Also, you make a good point about dangers of losing a friendship, but if the word of my orientation somehow got out (I think he can keep a secret, but who the fuck knows for sure), I'd lose not only my friendship with him, but my social standing with everyone I know. All the more reason to be careful.
>>
>>8846450
He пизди, в MCК или CПБ тeбe нихyя нe бyдeт.
>>
>>8846775
Ha yлицe яceн пeнь нe oтпиздят, нo дpyзeй тoчнo лишycь.
>>
>>8846724
I think the chances are low bc there aren't many of us, and the chances of him both being gay, ok with being gay/in a relationship in your country and liking you combined are all very low. i think there is some wishful thinking going on here, now i hope for your sake that things go the way you want but the chances are low and the situation seems tricky, i personally would not risk it but if you can think of a way to find out try it. i find it unusual that you say you have known him for two years but he's never mentioned/had a gf or talked about girls, maybe ask him with a fake problem about a girl you like and see what his reaction is?
>>
>>8846965
You're definitely right about wishful thinking, guess I just can't help it. I appreciate your advice, guess I will just tread extra lightly with all those gf-related questions and such.
Also, to give you some insight about how bad the closeted gay situation in Russia is: most gay people marry women and live their entire life in unhappy marriages rather than come out. Yeah, it's this bad.
>>
>>8846635
If he's gay then I think you'd be the luckiest gay dude ever. Don't break your heart over this dude, there's like a 1% chance he'll reciprocate any feelings you have for him
>>
>>8847209
i mean it's worth a try if you can gauge when is the right time to ask and how you think he might take the question.
sorry to hear about russia, i'm closeted too but things aren't that bad in my country, i hope you manage to at least find out if this guy is straight or not.
is russia liveable in as a gay person or would you get beaten up, lose family, have no job or others if you were found out?
>>
>>8847332
I live in Moscow which is supposed to be the most westernized and therefore gay-accepting city, but gayness is still shunned here. Violent repercussions don't really happen, but I know many people who wouldn't be friends with someone openly gay. Now the kind of thing that could happen in some backwater city... I'd rather not think of it.
>>
>>8847367
>Moscow
Don't people go to Saint Petersburg to be gay in peace?
>>
>>8847383
Oh, it might be so. Spb is pretty westernized too. Don't know which city is gayer desu.
>>
>>8846475
co kurwa
>>
>>8847388
yea neither of them sound great to me honestly, if the best you can wish for is being shunned

are there any gay clubs/bars at all? underground websites for gay people to meet/date? i'm curious not trying to advise you
>>
>>8847431
>if the best you can wish for is being shunned
Lol, not in SPB
>>
>>8847431
There are definitely gay clubs and such, but well, I'm really not into clubbing and socializing. Please don't get me wrong, there are definitely ways to find a random gay partner if one was so inclined, but I don't consider that an option for myself. I did fine without sex for 12 years (starting the count from when my puberty first hit me) but now I just happened to feel attraction to a certain person and I guess it just made me desire some affection.
>>
>>8847442
spb means st. petersburg i guess?

>>8847517
i wasn't suggesting this, but i don't know much about russia and it sounded pretty bad for gay guys. i'm not into clubbing either but the media in my country hates russia and we don't get to hear anything but that it's a hellhole.
i know the feels you are going through and i hope i've helped a little bit, doesn't sound lke you have too many options for finding an open loving relationship
>>
>>8847569
I understand your desire to know more about a country that's so vilified in mainstream media, but I'm not exactly knowledgeable about gay people and how they survive in here. Anyway, thank you for your advice, I'll try to put it to good use.
>>
File: .gif (115KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
115KB, 500x235px
>>8846436

Maybe it would be helpful to break this down to something more basic and human than 'identity'.

What you really want to know is if he would have some sexual fun. The rest can come later.

This is the problem with 'gay' as a *type* of creature.

You are attracted to males. Males are a real thing. "Gay" is a construction. Males who are not *gay* have homosexual experiences all the time for different contextual reasons.

Just try focusing on the person and his likes, values and his emotional patterns. You can find fun without delving into identity issues.
>>
File: Young putin.jpg (17KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
Young putin.jpg
17KB, 600x425px
>>8846436
Try to imagine a girlfriend and talk with about that girl. Look up for a photo of a random girl online and ask him if she was cute. If he was gay than he would start acting awkward, or that is just me. But you can learn his reaction. Good luck anon, hope he is gay.
>>
>>8849967
Tbh he's pretty beta, there's always a chance that he acts awkward because he never dealt with girls much (I don't know that, but that's the vibes he gives off, at least). But I guess I could still try it, doesn't seem like a bad idea.
>>
Just ask me ffs

Hold my arm after the last class in college and kiss me ffs just do it please i can't stand it anymore you're so cute but i'm not sure but i'm giving so many hints just kiss me already
>>
>>8852087
I wish ;_;
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.