[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans and Interphobia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1493426331924.png (143KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493426331924.png
143KB, 500x500px
I recently realized something:
Most of the things people call out as transphobic are either also interphobic or just interphobic.
Therefore, saying that something is transphobic when it's interphobic is actually a form of interphobia itself.

Also, do you ever realize how much attention being transgender has gotten recently? Not that it's a bad thing but I still see in many queer spaces intersex people being more of an afterthought if we even are worth mentioning at all.
>>
Intersex people pretty much just get used as a tool to show transgender people as being more natural or something, or as cannon fodder for an argument

example, the whole bathroom thing. People will say "Oh yeah, well what about intersex people? Where will they go?"
or with chromosomal sex
"Hah, there are intersex people so your whole argument is bunk"
It's fucking annoying. They care enough about us to use as tools, but forget about us when we aren't useful.
>>
Intersex and trans should have been an allied cause in the first place.

>>8846153
I vehemently argue against intersex infant mutilation and have donated to organizations fighting against it.
>>
I always wondered if the rise in acceptance for trans folk and people identifying as trans is also partly caused by the "low entry point" compared to being intersex or even gay/lesbian. And yes, I am referring mostly to the tumbledotcom crowd, doesn't make a difference.
Because you either are or aren't intersex, you can't just "reorganize" the terminology.

>>8846153
I think this is perfectly put.
>>
>>8846153
augh i feel this so bad. most people don't know we exist at all, really. depends on the country. Scotland, Australia, South America as a whole, their organizations all tend to say LGBTI. they have specific legislation and protections for us. rest of the world is a shitshow and would prefer to surgery us away as babies or give us HRT as teens without telling us whats up because we're inconvenient. only getting dragged out to pointscore against or on behalf of trans people or bathrooms or (worse) nonbinary people really gets me down
>>
Quite telling that this thred has so few answers.
>>
>>8846139
It shouldn't be mentioned at all there because it's completely unrelated to LGB, and T has had the science behind it suppressed so much that it'll probably be decades before it's safe and productive to ally intersex and transsexual issues.

>>8846153
What's really awful is when their arguments are complete bullshit with no basis in reality, like claiming the existence of intersex people validates their "non-binary" political statements. If someone points out how shitty and idiotic it is to say men and women don't count as real men and women just because they're intersex, they of course fall silent and slink away to repeat their bullshit to someone more gullible.

Notice also that you'll never see any of these assholes arguing against mutilation or medicalized child sexual abuse. Far less harmful and insulting to not be brought up in LGBT spaces at all.
>>
>>8846139
>Most of the things people call out as transphobic are either also interphobic or just interphobic.
Such as?
>>
>>8846723
>they have specific legislation and protections for us.
?
>>
>>8848768
when it comes to reporting hate crimes and trying to prevent uneeded surgical intervention on babies, consent and stuff. theres specific intersex information, awareness and charities that work and lobby with government. but more widely in countries that LGBTI is the acronym instead of that stupid Q
>>
>>8848801
So you're admitting the specific legislation part was a lie and actually Malta and Portugal are the only countries to ban IGM, despite being your "rest of the world is a shitshow".
>>
>>8848819
other countries haven't outright banned i know but its not a standard, they have to report and consult now. i know they still lie, doctors are liars. but its baby steps. and still a deal to people who a lot of people don't know exist.

ps the hate crimes thing is legislation, if someone called me a clitdick herm freak and punched me in scotland it'd be hate crime, in england, aggravated assault
>>
>>8848856
The issue is you were plain wrong.
>>
File: 1505080913930.jpg (255KB, 673x801px) Image search: [Google]
1505080913930.jpg
255KB, 673x801px
>>8846139
O RLY?
>>
>>8848867
i forget about Malta and Portugal, but yeah I was wrong to make that statement. I'm sorry anon
>>
>>8848510
>It shouldn't be mentioned at all there because it's completely unrelated to LGB
So what? We belong together just as much as anything else in this "community"

But yeah, I think I've never heard people talk about IGM or interphobia in queer spaces before. Most don't even know the term dyadic but can name you hundreds of culturally specific genders. But alas, let's have another shitshow debate on "homonationalism" and "pink washing", that'll change things for sure.
>>
This sounds like bullshit OP, every single group of trans people I've been around for any significant length of time has brought up intersex issues and how terrible the practice of surgeries/hrt without proper consent is. I can see how being used in arguments would be annoying but I don't think trans people are at all unaware or negligent of the differences in our experiences to you or the issues intersex people face.
>>
>>8851840
Trans organizations give their own opinions on intersex issues without letting intersex people and their own organizations have the say.
>>
>>8855086
There are even barely intersex organizations, they are almost always an appendix to any other queer organization.
Just look at this:
How many trans/nb/whatever or gay/lesbian/etc people are out there complaining about "zhe evil cishets" but are dyadics themselves?
>>
>>8858001
>they are almost always an appendix to any other queer organization.
false
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.