[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on this new religion data released Wednesday?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

https://www.prri.org/research/american-religious-landscape-christian-religiously-unaffiliated/

Nearly half of LGBT Americans are religiously unaffiliated. Nearly half (46%) of Americans who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) are religiously unaffiliated. This is roughly twice the number of Americans overall (24%) who are religiously unaffiliated.
>>
>>8837123
>Why does a group that is hated by religions purportedly about peace hate those same religions????
>>
>>8837136
>>
File: GayMuslims.jpg (92KB, 309x726px) Image search: [Google]
GayMuslims.jpg
92KB, 309x726px
>>8837137
>>
File: 1504760703627.jpg (274KB, 1149x1023px)
1504760703627.jpg
274KB, 1149x1023px
>>8837137
>growing support is acceptance
>>
>>8837123
Nearly all religions refuse to admit openly gay people to their services, because religions say that being LGBT is one of the most grievous, unforgivable sins. LGBT people will burn in hell no matter what they do.

Why should they even try?
>>
>>8837137
>>8837139
>believing obvious fake news
How gullible.
>>
I need a new cultural religion: currently riding on Catholicism and Islam, but they're both pretty fucking stale in terms of festivals and culture (especially Islam). Either want to try Hindu (Agama Hindu Dharma maybe?) or Luciferian, since they have better lore and traditions. Which one should I go for?
W-would both be compatible with each other culturally?
>>
Because the religious have spent centuries hating us, and have only very recently started to move towards acceptance.
Frankly, I'm suprised there are as many religious lgbt people as there are
>>8837137
So, what you're saying is a third of "normal" religious people still don't accept us, and of the evangelicals, roughly a third *do*? Why should we be happy with that?
>>
>>8837528
>I'm suprised there are as many religious lgbt people as there are
Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>8837519

>Catholicism
>pretty fucking stale in terms of festivals and culture

>forgetting Carnaval

R E P E N T
E
P
E
N
T
>>
>>8837137
>white evangelicals are more homophobic than black protestants
Really fogs my nog. /pol/ lied to me!

>>8837139
>that 25% of millenials who are homophobic
Literally edgy contrarians
>>
>>8837528
That's mostly old people.

https://www.prri.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/PRRI-Millennials-Web-FINAL.pdf

Millennials draw no distinctions between discrimination protections that should be afforded gay and lesbian people, on the one hand, and transgender people on the other. More than seven in ten (73%) millennials support legal protections against discrimination in jobs, public accommodations, and housing for gay and lesbian people. A nearly identical number (72%) of millennials say they favor these same protections for transgender people.

While no significant racial or gender differences exist on either question, there are large religious divides in support for expanding nondiscrimination legislation. Roughly eight in ten black Protestant (80%), white Catholic (82%), Hispanic Catholic (81%), religiously unaffiliated (83%), and white mainline Protestant millennials (78%) favor laws that would protect gay and lesbian people against discrimination in jobs, public accommodations, and housing. About two-thirds (66%) of Hispanic Protestant millennials also favor such laws. White evangelical Protestants are closely divided on this issue, with a slim majority (51%) favoring laws that would protect gay and lesbian people against discrimination, and 47% opposing them. Among religious groups, the pattern of opinion about non-discrimination legislation protecting transgender individuals is nearly identical.
>>
>>8837656
you're both equally stupid
>>
>>8837656
>1 thing that's more of a BLM parade in my country
No
>>8837723
Then give me a solution, faggot. No celebrations and esoteric traditions/rituals/sacrifices makes anon a dull boy.
>>
>>8837744
Just watch anime and contemplate suicide like the rest of us
>>
>>8837712
>>8837123

Religion for educated people has been dead since the enlightenment. With the invention of the internet, that understanding has accelerated.
Why LGBT youth are even less interested in religion than their peers?
We already had to question social norms in order to live authentic lives and so are more ready to critically look at other social institutions in our lives.

The positive aspects of religion do need to be preserved in our culture though. Community, charity, compassion, gratefulness, ect. It just wont be combined with the old myths of religions. Imo
>>
>>8837671

It's a backlash against SJW culture.
>>
>>8838284
So... edgy contrarians...
>>
>>8837671
>implying the party of white evangelicals and Jerry Falwell isn't clearly more pro-lgbt than their opponents
have fun getting used then forgotten, falling for the jewish shills :^)
>>
>>8838302
t sjw
>>
>>8837519
Honestly, you sound utterly retarded.
>>
>>8837528
>centuries
Funny.
>>
>>8838077
You're retarded, like all people who want to "preserve positive aspects of religion". You don't understand the purpose of religion. You take everything, or nothing.
>>
>>8837123
most religions been shit towards LGBT so...
>>
>>8837671
>Really fogs my nog. /pol/ lied to me!
Blacks are still overwhelmingly homophobic, more so than any other racial group in America, except maybe Hispanics.

>>8838302
>So... edgy contrarians...
I like how you presuppose that your retarded quasi-Marxist political views are somehow the norm by calling people who don't like you "contrarians."
You and all your ugly, obese, blue-haired ilk are the contrarians. You are the loud minority, everyone hates you.
>>
>>8838077
>Religion for educated people has been dead since the enlightenment.
from your very first sentence, you out yourself as someone who knows nothing of history. allow me to educate you. enlightenment thinkers were overwhelmingly religious, but not traditionalist catholics. they were most often protestants that objected further to the insistence of remaining beholden to religious dogma in the way that calvinists and lutherans had been. many prominent enlightenment thinkers were theist, deist, or pantheist, and there's plenty of literature from enlightenment thinkers speaking highly of preserving one's faith in the wake of what was being revealed by the scientific revolution in one of those or several other ways (i.e. gnosticism). You may believe otherwise, but it's been my experience that faith is a mandatory ingredient in the recipe for a happy, contented life. I don't believe that hell is a place you go after you die, but rather that hell is the life you are left with when you refuse to practice any faith at all in something grander than oneself.

those good digits were wasted on your ignorance
>>
>>8837519
You can become a christian atheist.
>>
>>8837519
Witchcraft yo. 12 or 13 full moons and 8 sabbats a year. Time to take halloween next level and call it Samhain. plus you get cool jewls, crystals, rituals and other fun stuff! Lets to some gay magic yo
>>
>>8839183
No they aren't. That's a myth and also blacks have the highest proportion of out LGBT people by race in the US.
>>
>>8839599
Okay, over generalization on my part.
I made three points and you only addressed my weakest one. Shame shame!

I have faith that the earth will continue to rotate around the sun. That I'll die on this little rock relatively soon. My motto since I was little has been live and let live.
> practice any faith at all in something grander than oneself.
I know I'm part of the grand narrative of life. I don't have any goals, I just like to be chill.

does gud digits wer waisted un ur igurnance
>>
>>8837139
So what I'm getting from this is the problem isn't Muslims in general, its actually just Muslim men. That isn't really surprising to me.
>>
>>8837519
Buddhism is nice, I've had positive experiences as my local japanese buddhist temple.
>>
>>8839183
bullshit. In my experience black and hispanic people are way better than russians. Like, I remember in my highschool class once some asshole russian kid was like shit talking about gay people and how they were perverts or something, and then got shut down by a bunch of mexican kids, that basically argued with him until he stopped.
>>
>>8839914
russia is a shithole, they are not religious, but are way more bigoted than a lot of religious countries, they are poor, trashy shitty people, blacks and hispanics can be homophobic, but like american whites with the time they are less homophobic, idk if russia is less homphobic than years ago, still is a shithole, a trashy, poor shithole, way worse than black ghettos and way more homophobic than black and hispanic communities.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.