[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hasid Lesbian Mom Wins Custody of Kids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: ChavieWeisberger.jpg (97KB, 915x610px) Image search: [Google]
ChavieWeisberger.jpg
97KB, 915x610px
http://nypost.com/2017/09/05/ex-hasidic-mom-who-lost-kids-for-being-gay-wins-them-back/

The saga began after Chavie Weisberger and Naftali Weisberger divorced in 2009, years after she’d told him she was attracted to women. Chavie was given primary residential custody of their kids, who were ages 2, 3 and 5 at the time.

But Naftali took her back to court in 2012 seeking sole custody on the grounds that she violated their agreement to raise them in a strict religious household.

He argued Chavie had “radically changed her lifestyle” since their divorce, coming out as gay — including to their eldest daughter — and living with a transgender man, court papers show.

Naftali also complained that Chavie had allowed the kids to watch “a movie about Christmas,” let them participate in an egg hunt during a Purim party, gave them a book about having two daddies, cut their son’s sidelocks and came out to their oldest daughter, according to the documents

Brooklyn Judge Eric Prus ruled in 2015 that Chavie had violated the “religious-upbringing clause” in the couple’s divorce agreement and awarded Naftali sole legal and residential custody of their kids.
>>
>>8827037
Prus argued that the couple’s agreement had forced him “to consider the children’s religious upbringing as a paramount factor in any custody determination.”

He ruled that Chavie would have her visitation limited — to supervised face-to-faces with her kids — if she didn’t comply with the religious-upbringing clause.

He added one more restriction: She had to keep her sexuality hidden from the two youngest kids.

“During any period of visitation or during any appearance at the childrens’ schools, ‘the [mother] must practice full religious observance in accordance with the Hasidic practices of ultra Orthodoxy,’” court papers say.

Chavie appealed the ruling and on Aug. 16 was granted full custody of her kids again.

The appeals court of three judges unanimously determined that Prus’ 2015 ruling lacked a “sound substantial basis” — and that it violated Chavie’s rights.

“A religious-upbringing clause should not, and cannot, be enforced to the extend that it violates a parent’s legitimate due-process right to express oneself freely,” the judges wrote.

“The weight of the evidence does not support the conclusion that it is in the children’s best interests to have their mother categorically conceal the true nature of her feelings and beliefs from them at all times and in all respects,” they added.
>>
>>8827037
Men have no rights for their children, and that is institutionalized legally maintained discrimination. Custody laws are simply anti-male. A mother have to be an absolute monster for a farther to ever win custody.
>>
File: 1473994610556.jpg (25KB, 428x422px) Image search: [Google]
1473994610556.jpg
25KB, 428x422px
>>8827037
Really? Reading this I expecting this to be taking place in some sand filled shithole, not Brooklyn.

How are clauses defining how the children need to be raised legal or enforceable at all? It doesn't make any sense and it's retarded.

The justice system fails again.
>>
>>8827056
You're agreeing with the appellate, idiot. lrn2read
>>
>>8827065
The court DID say the kids still have to be raised in a kosher household.
>>
>>8827071
Oooh no, I can't feed my kids shellfish oppresshun :(
>>
>>8827037
i couldn't give a single fuck what happens to some kike family.
>>
>>8827124
I don't either, but it makes me happy that jews are being affected by the jew media as hard as we are
>>
>>8827037
jewish sharia is defeated again. another day for liberty!
>>
>>8827052
this. although in recent years fathers have been winning equal custody of their children
>>
>>8827037
>Brooklyn Judge Eric Prus ruled in 2015 that Chavie had violated the “religious-upbringing clause” in the couple’s divorce agreement and awarded Naftali sole legal and residential custody of their kids.
Isn't this the same argument that's used to justify circumcising boys against the wishes of one parent?
>>
>>8827056
Clauses are legally binding, regardless of content providing that they are within the realm of legality. IE cant abuse the kid

Dont sign shit, the justice system doesnt hold your hand. If you dont take responsibility for yourself, the justice system will not take responsibility for you.
>>
>>8828099
>Clauses are legally binding, regardless of content
if you're male.

>Dont sign shit, the justice system doesnt hold your hand
unless you're female.
>>
>>8827989
yes
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/what-about-chase-circumcision-the-right-to-bodily-integrity/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/05/26/intactivism-why-a-fla-mother-took-her-son-into-hiding-to-avoid-circumcision/
>>
>>8831055
What the fuck?
>>
>>8831055
F L O R I D A
>>
>>8827052
My dad got custody of 4 children in the 90's. When men really fight for children they normally get them but in this instance Hasid communities use the threat of taking children to force women to stay in the community.

There is a big discussion about this you clearly aren't aware of, clearly.
>>
>>8833856
>implying any other state would have a different result
>>
>>8833929
>When men really fight for children they normally get them
what are false claims of DV
>>
>>8831055
I'm Jewish and that story upset me. Circumcision needs to be a voluntary endeavor and is rarely necessary for health reasons.
>>
>>8836781
>Circumcision needs to be a voluntary endeavor
It never is in Judaism, except for converts, and even there it's mandatory for joining, so less voluntary most parts of the religion.
>>
File: JewsinAmerica.png (253KB, 694x1156px) Image search: [Google]
JewsinAmerica.png
253KB, 694x1156px
>>8836827
Reform Judaism makes circumcision voluntary and that represents the majority of American Jews.
>>
>>8836831
And how many still have circumcisions performed on their sons?

If the attitude that it was voluntary actually prevailed then it would be a different matter.
>>
>>8836857
I'm not justifying them doing it, I'm just saying it is optional.
>>
>>8836862
It's not optional when it's performed involuntarily.

American circumcision in general is "optional". Does that make it voluntary?
>>
>>8836877
Optional in the sense of that both parents at least consent to it.

I am not justifying the practice, just stating that doctrinally it is optional to a majority of American Jews.

Most recently, in 2012, the group said benefits outweigh potential risks but not enough to recommend circumcision routinely. Organizations that have done the most extensive polling on U.S. Jews say there is no data on circumcision rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-small-but-growing-number-of-jews-are-questioning-the-ancient-ritual-of-circumcision/2013/12/25/d24c5a4e-6403-11e3-aa81-e1dab1360323_story.html
>>
>>8836885
In America it isn't actually required that both parents consent and being doctrinally optional doesn't stop the issue of Reform Judaism performing it involuntarily just like the rest of America.
>>
>>8836900
Involuntary in the sense that the infant cannot consent? Yes. I have no idea what the parental consent laws are. Does mean that you can refuse to circumcise your child and still be considered Jewish. We just don't have any data on this.
>>
>>8836904
That's absolutely irrelevant though. It means American Jews are just as bad as other Americans.
>>
>>8836916
It is a huge step to make circumcision doctrinally optional. You won't acknowledge that.
>>
>>8836921
Sure I will. I'm sure it is. But that's nothing to be proud of, either globally, or by the American norm, or by Judaism historically.
>>
>>8836936
It is something to be proud of as it differs from the norm and most Americans would have no idea that a majority of American Jews are optionally choosing to circumcise their kids, rather than it being a mandated aspect of religion. Circumcision is in decline.
>>
>>8836943
I mean, be proud of getting there, but it's no achievement compared to any norm.

>Circumcision is in decline.
Not in Africa.
>>
>>8836958
>changing the goalposts
>>
>>8836992
...this was the context from the start.
>>
>>8837018
he jumped in because he thought it was antisemitism
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.