[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cis-people clock much more than what we give them credit for!!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

I am openly trans and I have always believed that it takes one to know one and that, being a trans woman myself, I would be able to clock people that would totally pass to normal cis people. This actually is false and is the exact opposite.

I know a bunch of trans women who pass really well to me, and my cis friends clock them immediately. The explanation is that we trans women are desensitized and have seen so many trannies that we lose our clocking ability, whereas normal people see us as shocking.

What do you think? I think cis people clock more

also, explain this to me. Every time I have gone to a trans friendly doctor (psychologist, endo, plastic surgeon) they told me that I am totally passable. WHen I went to a regular doctor, they told me they could tell I am trans. Again, desensitized.
>>
ecks

d
e
e
>>
>>8821610
what the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>8821603
>to a trans friendly doctor (psychologist, endo, plastic surgeon) they told me that I am totally passable.
As a cis person who is kind of bad a clocking, I feel the more trans people I meet and accept the more I see "the soul" of the person, so I read them as what they're presenting as.
Like how we have posts here like "yeah, I started hormones 2 mos ago and my friends say I pass but I got misgendered today at the store" - the friends are probably hugboxing them BUT their friends also know the poster for them and are more likely to see them as their true gender.
Besides hugboxing and seeing your "female/male soul" there is also the fact that you get used to recategorizing gender in your head. Like maybe, to continue the friends example, you don't actually see your FTM friend as a boy/man, but you start to "post truth" it, like "huh, well, I guess he is pretty assertive... that's a masculine trait" - kind of similar to what people do with baby boys and baby girls. Read behavior that isn't necessarily gendered as a gendered behavior.
Baby boy does X and baby girl also does X, and the parents will react differently. So it's kind of like that.
(I didn't edit this at all.)
>>
>>8821653
ecks dee = xD = lol
>>
>>8821603
I'm having a lot of trouble believing OP. Are you sure you're not skull chan making another thread about
>brow ridges
>expanded facial planes
>condyles
>head circumferance
>>
It's all about the skull plates bro
>>
>>8821684
I am op and i am confused. What do you mean skull chan? And what does circumference have to do? Are you high?
>>
>>8821684
I am op and i am confused. What do you mean skull chan? And what does circumference have to do? Are you high? What did you smoke?
>>
>>8821785
Not buying it, bucko. Anyway, only the older hons I know get clocked by normies while people who started in their early 20's and before that get gendered female in my experience.

Inb4 you live in a liberal place and they only do gender you female because pc.
Actually I live in a very conservative place that really hates LGBT and bigots(oh trust me they're a lot of them over here) aren't afraid to reveal their true colors.
>>
>>8821684
I am op and i am confused. What do you mean skull chan? And what does circumference have to do? Are you high? What did you smoke? Can I get some?
>>
>>8821684
I am op and i am confused. What do you mean skull chan? And what does circumference have to do? Are you high? What did you smoke?
>>
>>8821785
skull chan is what we call a frequent poster who always talks about how men have larger skulls.
>>
>>8821814
And what does that have to do with my past? And, do men really have larger skulls conpared to women?
>>
File: 1446505318435.jpg (81KB, 678x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1446505318435.jpg
81KB, 678x1000px
>>8821785
>>8821795
>>8821802
>>8821813
>>
>>8821821
>do men really have larger skulls conpared to women?
Of course they do.
Do you not have eyes to see?
>>
>>8821814
And what does that have to do with my past? And, do men really have larger skulls conpared to women?
>>
>>8821834
see: phrenology
Male scientists used to try to use greater male skull circumference to prove why they were superior to women.
>>
>>8821834
Ok, so, if men have larger skulls than women, then, why are they ridiculing skull chan and saying that it is not true, can FFS bring a male skull into female range?
>>
>>8821821
>And what does that have to do with my past?
>Knows about this board and how many transpeople say here that they can identify trannies, but cissies can't so well.
>says they don't know who skull chan is and skull chan's numerous threads polluting this board.
Sure thing skull chan. This is totally not you making another thread about how trannies are delusional and don't pass.
>>
>>8821603
98% of trannies are clocked. It's just not polite to point them out.

They might talk about you behind your back, but pretty much no one is going to point and scream about your genitals. Unless there's alcohol involved.
>>
i am cis and i find it very easy to clock trans people, mtf or ftm. there's some aspects of biology you just cannot mask with surgery, clothes and hormones
>>
>>8822352
Sure skull ch- I mean cis guy. We believe you!
>>
>>8821897
Because this board is filled with mentaly ill trannies in denial.
>>
>>8821894
Phrenology has nothing to do with it. Males having bigger skulls just means that's something you can clock transsexuals with.
>>
File: tumblr_of33rdffQK1u4a30ho1_1280.jpg (63KB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of33rdffQK1u4a30ho1_1280.jpg
63KB, 719x1280px
>>8821894
>implying they're not
>>
>>8821603
the truth of the matter is that trans women overestimate their passability
>>
>>8823182
Not really. Any time I read unusual social queues from a person I'm mortified that they are clocking me. I'm very pessimistic about passing and depressed as fuck
>>
>>8823182
I'm pretty sure the most common trend among trans women is actually thinking they don't pass, no matter what
Like, I've never seen another community worry about shit as small as mtfs do. Handwriting, room decoration, how you walk- this is shit that most people never pay any attention to, but are things I've seen a non-negligible amount of worrying over in the community.
>>
>>8823182
Some of them drastically overestimate it, while some of them drastically underestimate it, with everything in between.

I'm genuinely surprised by how well I pass, because I think I look like shit most of the time, and when I do think I look reasonably feminine I can still see all my clockable features, many of which are obvious to me. Yet I get gendered female far more than I get gendered male (despite only going out in boymode). Although quite frequently people clearly don't know what my gender is; for example, they'll refer to everyone else with a gender but not be, or act obviously confused, or I'll overhear them talking to others about how they don't know. By this stage I'm being read as female more often than I'm being read ambiguously, and being read as male is the least common.

Maybe some of it could be put down to hugboxing, but not that many people are going to assume that you're a tranny and pity-pass you, especially in boymode. Plus, I've seen it happen even after other people have referred to me as male to them, or where they've refused to accept my ID at first because it says I'm male but they're sure I'm female, which clearly isn't hugboxing.
>>
>>8823201
just because people, out of politeness, are referring to you as "she", it doesn't mean that you pass. They saw you as a trans woman, doesn't mean they will fuck you, date you, marry you or see you as a real woman. Why is it so hard to understand?
>>
>>8823227
>"anything which doesn't go with the point of view I'm shilling for is just fake and deluded"
>>
>>8823227
So you think *every* time was out of politeness? I mean, I have cripplingly low self-esteem and think I look masculine, but even I'm able to admit that the sheer number of people gendering me female in boymode (when they have no reason to) must mean I at least past some of the time. Never mind the situations where there's clear evidence that it's genuinely how they perceive, like this:
>Plus, I've seen it happen even after other people have referred to me as male to them, or where they've refused to accept my ID at first because it says I'm male but they're sure I'm female, which clearly isn't hugboxing.

Just how accepting and knowledgeable of trans people do you think the average person is, to not only be able to clock a non-hon transgender person consistently, but also decide they should refer to them as the gender they're trying to be out of pity/politeness, even when that person isn't even presenting themselves as that gender? "Oh, this boy with long hair wearing a baggy men's hoodie and men's jeans must be a tranny, better call them a girl in case they get offended at me".
>>
Why do trans people want to pass as a cis? It seems super self-hating like there's nothing wrong with being trans at all.

Personally, I always gender people how they present. I have a coworker who is a woman and doesn't "pass" for cis (5 o clock shadow etc) but she's no less a woman to me.
>>
>>8823289
Because we want to be seen as real women, not as "guys who chopped off their dicks". Is this really hard to understand?
>>
>>8823298

Isn't the whole point of transgender that trans people are "real" too? You are pretty much just saying cis people are the only "real" members of their gender.

There will always be masculine looking trans women and I think a better way to approach it is to teach people that they are no less women just because they look a certain way.
>>
>>8823289
It is gender dysphoria. We are distressed by not being cis of the opposite sex. So we do our best to look like that. If we don't it hurts and fucks with our image quite bad.
>>
>>8823302
People might PRETEND they think of us as "no less women", but in practice their brain knows the reality. I don't even blame them, that's how our perception works — I don't think I'm any better.
>>
>>8823289
For many people, including me, it's not so much about being perceived as cis as having a body sufficiently like a cis woman's. I wouldn't mind being known to be trans and still perceived as a woman, but being *visibly* trans (rather than just having friends or whatever know you are) means your body is necessarily too masculine. Transgender people have a pathological aversion to their natal sexual characteristics, so even if they're "accepted as a woman" their body is still going to make them hate themselves.
>>
>>8823309
this is me

>>8823333
I agree with them

If being trans had no social consequences I wouldnt care if people knew. Hell, I wouldnt care if they did know. If I had to wear a tranny patch but I got to have a healthy cis passing body I'd take that in a heartbeat
>>
Passing is a meme. Lots of people can clock you right away. It's biology. No amount of surgery, hrt, clothing will mask that. Passing is totally a lie. Nobody really passes.
>>
>>8825980
>i'm a manly hon with a huge manbrow, taller than most males, still have beard shadow, so everyone else is just like me!!!
>>
Being on the internet has made me better at it.
But yes, I think you transfaggots are much more forgiving and lenient, probably out of some sort of mental necessity, so you probably tend to think you/other people pass better than they actually do.

The reality is there are very very very VERY few people who pass 100% and the rest of you just look kind of goofy.
>>
>>8821603
God I hate that look.
>>
>>8821603

I mean, probably. The 'problem' is that so many trannies have a massive chip on their shoulders about acceptance when in fact most people are polite enough not to mock you in public.
>>
>>8821603
I dont know who those wierd doctors are op the redhead lady in the pic looks 100% pass if you ask me.
>>
>>8826187
>when in fact most people are polite enough not to mock you in public.
Not every place is liberal full of politically correct people, you know. If we're talking about cities, sure. But in bible belt states, people are not afraid to speak their minds. I know a transgirl who got beat up by a bunch of rednecks for not passing in a red state, but keep pushing the "gendered female out of politeness" meme around. Also not everyone lives in the states. There's a lot of shitholes in Europe(i live in Europe and i've hanged out with hons and people would openly mock the hons for being the classic example of hons) where you'll end up beat up in an alley if you don't pass, but lets forget about those places :^)
>>
>>8826225

Then your probably desensitised. 100% pass means no one can tell, yet I could very easily tell their was something off about "her"
>>
File: 1504135657288.png (667KB, 872x597px) Image search: [Google]
1504135657288.png
667KB, 872x597px
>>8822352
I clocked one today that had a very narrow face, heavy brow, very wide shoulders and narrow hips. Her face was a little like this
>>
>>8826320
>that pic
>trying to hold the belief that trans are perfectly normal and worth accepting into general society
this is too hard, why do you guys have to act like this? It's like you're begging to be hated
>>
>>8826327
Only people who want attention do this.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.