[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transitioning is stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

So, after alot of thought and therapy and coming out to friends - I decided to start transitioning to female and stuff. I had the dysphoria hit a peak last year after booze, girls, and working out didn't make me feel any better. So I went to the therapist and tried to clear things up.

Fast forward a few months, I got "officially" diagnosed with gender dysphoria and received a letter to start taking her. Fast forward to now, Ive been taking anti-androgens for a week, and shot myself up with estrogen last Friday (almost fainted).

Here's the problem. Ever since about a day ago, I seem to be "coming to my senses". I still feel like shit about looking masculine and depressed about not being a girl and stuff, but (maybe I listen to too much anti trans stuff) I feel like I'll never be a girl and I just need to stop and go join the army or something. I just kinda feel like transitioning is stupid and I should own up to what I have and try to make the best with it instead of chasing some illusion.

But most of all, I'm scared if I stop taking estrogen, and "man up", all those extend feelings will come back and I'll just end up here again.

What is the best option? Just kms? I wouldn't much mind a cool suicide pact, I'm so tired of living.
>>
>>8819201
What AA are you taking? I think I read some of them have depression as a side effect.
>>
if you like most of what you've done but don't want to do more, generally the solution is to keep doing what works. The solution to being trans is not to join the army, it's horrible and they don't even want you.
>>
>>8819201
Accept being a gay male.
>>
Also check your levels
>>
>>8819201
>I feel like I'll never be a girl and I just need to stop and go join the army or something.

Chelsea Manning joined the army to try to 'man up', look how that worked out for her.
>>
>>8819215
>>8819210
Würdest Thing, I feel alot better. Something about talking about it makes me feel alot better. Like, I was honestly feeling really good the first few days, then I saw abunch if shit like the speedrunner from twitch who transitioned and was feeling scared that I would end up like her, and thought I should try living like a guy and then I realized how many times I tried that, and I'll never pass, but then I kinda look like x who passes pretty well and I would compare myself to girls and get mad at ftm who are wasting their perfectly good lives, covering their body with disgusting hair and stuff.

But yeah, feel alot better now kinda.

>>8819227
I wish. I went out with a guy awhile ago and I couldn't really get off and was super ashamed of how I looked without any clothes on

>>8819229
Im broke
>>
>>8819281
So next time you have sex take Ambien before, then you won't care. Still beats trapping yourself.
>>
>>8819210
the definition of antiandrogens implies depression side effect unless you replace the test with something
>>
>>8819291
Sounds like a plan boss! What's an ambien though?

Also, what's the best alt to lube? Regular skin lotion has had some...negative effects.
>>
>>8819201
>my options are transition, kill myself, or join the army and eventually kill myself anyways

are you retarded
>>
>>8819348
Yes. I'm retarded. I just occasionally think about how all my friends are going to be settling down in a decade and having kids and stuff, and that I'll never be able to do that becouse I was born the wrong way. I'm starting to realize I worry way too much about the future, and haven't had any fun in a while. I always thought that the army would be like school, where you never have to care about your decisions and I could just do what people tell me untill I take a bomb to the face or something.
>>
>>8819348
I don't know, are you?
>>
>>8819201
You're probably a hon and it's too late for you
>>
Feminise yourself but present as male see if being girly guy makes you feel any better. Doesn't have to be Woman or Armyman, man.
>>
>>8819201
OP you need to understand that this isnt a cure, its treatment, its designed to reduce your symptoms of dysphoria and nothing more. if your feelings of dysphoria are waning, continue treatment as long as you think that gain in mental stability is worth it. If not, dont continue treatment, the therapy is there to help you balance that because balding and deepening of the voice with age are both very difficult things to deal with. make sure you are not giving up something that will kill you in the future to not have. think forward,not just in the now.
>>
>>8819201
If you own up to what you have and the make the best of it, you're working toward inner peace and happiness - something that transitioning will never give you.

And accepting your cards doesn't mean you can't make healthy changes, it simply means having a healthy view of the things you can and should change and the things you can't or shouldn't.

Many people like to argue that it's society that needs to change! But society doesn't change quickly nor does it take well to things it is forced to accept (just look at what forced segregation did to the American south for a period of time). You can make a difference for the next generations if you're willing to be strong now and play the game.
>>
I'm having the same problem, I was diagnosed 4-5 weeks ago and could be on hormones within 3 weeks of making a phonecall to the clinic.

My issue is that previously I could coast along looking like a guy, but now I've actually gotta get things moving and passing is now a legitimate and real fear. I'll lose control of my transition and be forced to transition publicly eventually due to the effects of hormones.

Meh, there's no harm in giving it a go and seeing how things turn out, if it's that bad you can always kill yourself at the end of it but at least wait it out and you might be happy
>>
>>8824439
Tbh you can really put it off for a long time unless you're truly fortunate, in which case why would you need to?
>>
>>8819201
If the gay bee is their son then she has to be the queen and several times larger than them. And the father should be eaten or something idk.
>>
>>8824464
I guess it's mainly dependent on how the hormones affect me, I work in an office with a distinct male/female dress code so I'd be expected to dress as female if my boobs are noticeable etc etc
>>
>>8819201
Yeah, what you're describing? That's not "coming to your senses", that's depression.
I've found that it tends to be the last stage of depression, too- when people just kind of give up on everything and want to march on towards death. It's often not extreme sadness, more just a general tiredness of everything and a desire to finally be done with life.

You need to go back to therapy, tell them how you're feeling.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.