[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone ever try to stop you from transitioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: rOhvXZQ.jpg (20KB, 400x267px)
rOhvXZQ.jpg
20KB, 400x267px
Did anyone ever try to stop you from transitioning?
>>
Some strangers on the internet tried to talk me out of it.
And my dad, shortly after I came out.
>>
>>8819023
parents and people on the internet
>>
>>8819023
My parents said I would look like a freak. Luckily, they were wrong.
>>
File: _OqdZOuC_400x400.jpg (27KB, 337x337px) Image search: [Google]
_OqdZOuC_400x400.jpg
27KB, 337x337px
>>8819023
>>
>>8819023
My parents. They told me they would kill themself if I would continue to the point of me calling the cops on them. Also told me I would never ever pass cause eyes/size/hands etc.
3 years later I'm their 'sweet daughter' (at 24 wtf) and they love to show pics of me arround, or take me with them. We have never been closer and we can truly say we love each other now.
>>
>>8819023
My parents stopped me for 7 years until I told them I was seriously thinking suicide was my only option if they didn't help me out
>>
>>8819350
>to the point of me calling the cops on them.
what happened then?

>We have never been closer and we can truly say we love each other now.
after threatening to kill themselves to stop you?
>>
>>8819023
TERFs and 'radfem' rhetoric did, successfully.
>>
My parents did, until I realized I owe them nothing and ran away.
Worked pretty well to be honest.
>>
>>8819375
to be fair I imagine it can't be hard for it to be better than ever with a baseline like that
>>
>>8819375
Cops showed up to check if they're fine; couldn't do it myself cause I live a few hundred km away. We never ever had problems before that, we never had even a single fight or had to scream at each other, except this one time. I was sure they only tried to intimidate me, but also knew they were extremely scared of what would happen to me, what others would think etc.
You know, parents usually love their child and it feels like they'll lose them with transition, it feels like their kid is dying. You've got to be understandable of them and support them. Of course I forgive them, these months were exceptionally burdensome for them and I can understand all of their reactions. I respect them and I always loved them; I'm glad they do aswell.

It's always good to empathize with your parents; how would you react as a parent with no idea what TS really is? You would most likely be afraid of losing your child, of them doing something wrong cause, 'hey! They're so young!' or be afraid how their future will turn out. With the current image of TS in media it's hard to imagine if your child will turn out a monster or not. You have to talk with them; still their fears and explain why you feel this way, why you're doing this. Just be understandable! They want to protect you and sometimes they tend to do stupid things when they feel helpless and lost.
>>
>>8819584
>It's always good to empathize with your parents
That goes both ways.
>>
>>8819023
I think a more valid question is if there is anyone that didn't
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.