[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survey Anon, image, and the future of transgender rights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

File: Transgender-Children.jpg (533KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Transgender-Children.jpg
533KB, 1280x1024px
This going to be a bit of blog post.

I was thinking a about what Survey Anon said about system I and system II how perception can be a factor in treating gender dysphoria.

Perception and image is obviously very important. As you can see be how we treat highly attractive people vs. unattractive people.

Some anons have said, for example, gay guys might opt out of the man gender role to live as women because they are more attractive that way. While Straight men who choose to live as women lived as men for longer usually because of ease of lifestyle or for their girlfriend, wife, family.

How transgender people are portrayed in film, media, how well they pass, how attractive they are physically and personality wise will effect how accepted they become in society. What I think the T needs now is a PR revamp, but how should it be done? Or are most transgender okay with being out of spotlight? If so, considering that they are not the majority, how can they maintain a quiet image?
>>
>>8818001
you start with a bullshit assumption - and no amount of 'attractive' can make you want to stay in a gender you don't want, being a gorgeous manly man only hurts when you want to be a woman and hate all your male parts
- same is true for F2M, no matter how society worships female beauty and sex characteristics - like breasts - F2Ms want to get rid of them

>How transgender people are portrayed in film, media... will effect how accepted they become in society

well yeah thats why deliberately ugly 'nonbinary' activists who dont try to pass and make ridiculous claims only hurt public trans acceptance
>>
>>8818032
>amount of 'attractive' can make you want to stay in a gender you don't want

If you interested in getting a girlfriend or boyfriend sure. You are underestimating the drive for sex and reproduction.
>>
>>8818055
and you dont understand gender identity or dysphoria

or that there are many more far easier, safer and socially acceptable ways to increase your attractiveness
>>
These threads are created by survey anon/trent/blanchard poster trying to hype up his own narcissistic ego. Avoid.
>>
>>8818066
It doesn't necessarily means they take HRT and get SRS. They may crossdress, wear makeup, etc.
>>
>>8818001
This doesn't really seem all that related to anything I've said.
>>
>>8818001
Survey is a transphobic idiot, ignore them.
>>
>>8818001
>Some anons have said, for example, gay guys might opt out of the man gender role to live as women because they are more attractive that way. While Straight men who choose to live as women lived as men for longer usually because of ease of lifestyle or for their girlfriend, wife, family.
Gender has nothing to do with sexuality.
>>
>>8818570
inb4 Survey anon does a survey sample size n=4 then disqualifies the people he didn't like because they 'misinterpreted' the question
>>
>>8818493
Leave survey alone. They're great and they wasted a lot of time trying to help me with my irl problems.
>>
>>8818633
Did they do that because you were also an evil transphobe?
>>
>>8818653
I have big psychiatric problems and can't function so that isn't s good question. I got help with my trans related stuff if that answers your question.
>>
File: agpappeal.png (27KB, 573x511px) Image search: [Google]
agpappeal.png
27KB, 573x511px
>>8818590
The disqualification was justified. When I improved the phrasing, I got the results that you can see in the pic, where there was no need to disqualify anybody.
>>
>>8818878
What's the answer to your friend's question? >>8814409
>>
>>8818883
Presumably you should ask >>8814193, no?
>>
>>8818982
The fact you don't see anything wrong with Cara's posts is the proof you're an evil transphobe just like he is.

Sorry >>8818746
>>
>>8819083
I haven't said that I don't see anything wrong with Cara's posts. There's no reason to take this public, though; I have private contact with Cara through Discord.
>>
>>8819205
It is already public and your refusal to answer >>8814409 is the answer that you don't consider anything he says transphobic.

You are an evil transphobe.
>>
>>8819216
>>8819083

Cara hasn't really done anything wrong. Maybe some weird posts were done out of hardship, she's a nice person really. But I've done much worse and I still get help for my trans stuff.
Why do you obsess over someone who might have made a few mistakes when in a very bad circumstance. You're probably much worse morally.
>>
>>8821084
>But I've done much worse and I still get help for my trans stuff.
Then you got better than you deserved.

>You're probably much worse morally.
How could I possibly be morally level with him and Survey?
>>
>>8818001
>What I think the T needs now is a PR revamp, but how should it be done?
Defining all fictional trans characters as HSTS or AGP.
>>
>>8822510
I got a horrible disease soon after and my health and body disintegrated so it's all good

And please tell me what survey did wrong outside of giving charity? You're crazy and obsessive and borderline stalk them. Survey just because they gave Cara meds. Unless you're going out on the streets and rescuing abandoned animals you're probably worse.
>>
>>8825785
>And please tell me what survey did wrong outside of giving charity?

Not them, but Survey said that Nazism is "less terrible" than communism or anarchism.
>>
File: 1480205416481.png (132KB, 217x233px) Image search: [Google]
1480205416481.png
132KB, 217x233px
Holy fuck nigga look at this hon

11yo and already a hon nigga peep those shoulders LMAOO
>>
>>8825881
it's because they're a "trans kid", not early trans hsts
>>
>>8825869
I'm sorry, they didn't mean it that way. I asked about that. Everyone there missed you by the way.
>>
>>8818001
you're asking how to propagandize your identity group to gain society's approval?
You don't
you act like a normal person and stop making your identity political, you are only driving people further away from you with this shit
>>
>>8825910
Boy couldn't you say that same stuff about Any group including maga
>>
>>8825939
yes
collectivism is cancer, not just when trannies do it
what is your point
>>
>>8825869
>implying anything isn't less terrible than communism
>>
>>8825869
communists killed about 10 times more people, were they just not as "mean" about it? LOL
>>
>>8825977
Civil wars and ww2 aren't the same thing as holocaust
>>
>>8825983
I never said that civil wars or ww2 are the same as the holocaust

the red terror and the cultural revolution were mass purges of the russian and chinese people comparable to the holocaust with death tolls far higher

>oh but the nazis were racist so they're worse ;_;
>>
>>8826000
mb im equating the red terror with the gulags
the gulags were the soviet equivalent of the holocaust
>>
>>8826000
The communists were usually very racist too.
>>
>>8826019

We did state sponsored lynchings at the same time as those gulags

And we made concentration camps in the Filipines in revenge for a rebellion. The Japanese based their camps and strategy for rebellious countrisides in china based off that.

So does our past wars of aggression and modern ones like Iraq Libya and Afghanistan make us morally equivilant to the communists.
>>
>>8826029
were those done in the name of capitalism? no
they were disgusting and we should not do them again
communism was done in the name of communism and is still a socially acceptable position to hold today unlike nazism
>>
>>8818055
>>8818066
I'm a non transitioned AGP with moderate dysphoria. Its not just about sexual and romantic relationships. Its also about quality of transition and fear of social reprecussions. When you can pull off masc hetero introvert and get some degree of normie status, you don't want to give that up to be a freak.
>>
>>8826088
They were done in the name of the American way of life.
>>
>>8826100
ah right the vaguely defined ideology of "the american way of life"
communism is ok now
>>
>>8825910
We'll stop politicizing it when you stop treating us like subhumans because science changed a word on you.

Also, please spell out precisely how a 'normal person' acts. Be as specific as possible. TIA.
>>
>>8826116
when have I treated you like a subhuman? Do I even know you?

by act like a normal person I do not mean anything specific, I mean to vaguely attempt to blend into society like everybody else does. I realize trans people are different, demanding and legislating (as has been done in Canada and New York now) that others change their perception of gender to accommodate your feelings is only going to turn people against you

and when I say 'you" I'm speaking of the movement in general, I don't know whether you partake in any of that I can only assume you do based on your response
>>
>>8826111
Freedom was used to justify a bogus war aimed at destroying Iraq. The invaders dismantled all forms of civil society and the country fell into chaos.

Freedom and the American way of life and protecting it were used to justify just about every neocon adventure.
>>
>>8826132
That's exactly what people want, that's why they medically transition and those laws there are simply to preempt libel where you falsely call them rapists. Or to preempt bathroom bills.
>>
>>8826138
and I think that was horrible

"freedom" does not mean "invade other countries"
so I don't know how freedom compares to communism
>>
>>8826029
I really think America/uk is the best non isolationist/neutral international actor. There are wars of aggression and greed but we also intervene to save minorities, prevent civil wars, ensure international trade, etc. We probably do more bad stuff than good stuff but everybody else does exclusively bad stuff.

>>8826088

"""American interests""" is a very vague term, often it means protecting us corporations investments as in Guatemala (united fruit company / Chiquita) and iran (British petroleum / BP) where the CIA overthrew democratically elected governments and replaced them with dictatorships
>>
>>8826143
Yeah, you mean like funding al nusura in Syria?

Before the Russians intervened they and the coalition of rebels they headed were waging a genocidal war of conquest and were razing Syrian's coast and slaughtering the Armenian and Alawite population.

Oh and I can se Libya and Iraq worked great. The Soviets didn't leave this much of a body count.
>>
>>8826142
That's like people saying the soviets weren't true communism so it doesn't count
>>
>>8826141
>le trannies are rapists meme
the issue was never that trannies will rape if you let them into the opposite sex bathroom, the issue was anyone would be allowed into any bathroom which means sex offenders whether they are trans or not

I don't care either way with the bathroom bills, but you can't have a productive conversation if you're going to strawman like that

>>8826163
how is free market and consensual trade "invade other countries"? communism IS "government control of all business", taking people's property and enforcing the law by imprisoning dissidents is the logical conclusion of that ideology
>>
>>8826163
And I guess to be fair, the communists also had their liberator heroes like Titov who united a bunch of ethnic groups that had previously been at each other's throats to fend off the axis. And he certainly did much better than the right wing nationalists that followed him. How is he any different from our heroes like say Andrew Jackson?
>>
>>8826203
Except that rapist thing doesn't happen and trans medically transition and you're insisting they're indistinguishable/the same as rapists. Imagine what if you were saying that about letting blacks in the bathroom?

So yeah, Canada's law seems fine.
>>
>>8826203
>how is free market and consensual trade "invade other countries"?
That's how it's worked in practice.
>>
>>8826209
Canada's law compels speech, it had nothing to do with bathrooms, I don't know why you would make such a radical leap to canada when all I mentioned was the bathroom bills

>you're insisting they're indistinguishable/the same as rapists
no I'm not and I was extremely clear about who I was talking about

a man can walk into a woman's bathroom, trans or not
that man can rape

I agree that it's a silly line of reasoning, but THAT was the argument, not:

a trans can walk into a woman's bathroom
that trans can rape

you are the one comparing trans to rapists

>Imagine if you were saying that about letting blacks in the bathroom?
it would sound ridiculous and this is a bad analogy because the sexes are far more different than the races are

>>8826216
>That's how it's worked in practice.
invading countries is "free market and consensual trade" in practice? I don't know why you insist upon making that connection. Leaders in a free country can be asshole warmongers, that isn't an indictment on the free country's founding economic principles
>>
>>8826209
also, when have I treated you like a subhuman? you never answered that
>>
>>8826244
Canada's law has not compelled speech, it has just allowed for libel civil suits in case of people make rapist argument like you do.

Also, you're saying mtf are men and that's the only way your argument can function. You ignore that mtf change their sexual characteristics via medical transition. Bravo, you're convinced me that all the objections to those laws in Canada and ny are spurious and based off insane points like this.
>>
>>8826247
Calling people men. Saying that mtfs are men and you can't tell them from criminal rapists so you have to treat them all the same. Nice job at tipping off your agenda.
>>
>>8826244
>a trans can walk into a woman's bathroom
>that trans can rape
How when they transition to physically be like women? How when there's no stats to back up your libel?

Enjoy your Canadian libel law. It is clearly well deserved.
>>
>>8826259
>in case of people make rapist argument like you do
you're either trolling me or you are not reading what I'm saying
bathroom bills do not ONLY allow trans people into the opposite sex bathroom, I've said that twice now and you jump to a different conclusion and put words in my mouth
>saying MTF are men
No I haven't, I said non-trans men can go into the women's bathroom
If you're assuming I'm talking about trans people when I say "men" that's you calling trans people men, not me

In any case I don't think you're willing to listen, as I've had to repeat myself twice now
I wish I could say it was nice talking to you

>>8826266
>criminal charges for wrongthink
thank god I live in America, enjoy your fascism
>>
>>8826268
You mean lawsuits for baselessly calling people rapists.

That's called civilization. Deal with it.

And you said men which are trans are what mtf are and that they're rapists.

So yeah. You insist that mtf that have transitioned are men and that they're all potential rapists dangerous to women. You lost all credibility once you went that route.
>>
>>8826275
>only people with penises can rape
so progressive
you are a living parody
>>
>>8826289
You said men will be let into women's rooms by letting men that are trans in. Which you said are mtfs.
You also said mtfs are impossible to distinguish from rapists. I suppose you wouldn't care if they had surgery because they're just men who are trans as you claim
>>
>>8826157
But the Russians only intervene if it directly helps them, america doesn't care what happens in Syria, the Russians will defend their naval base no matter what so there is no power to be gained and there was no corporate interests, our intervention afaik is motivated by humanitarian reasons. You can criticize the effectiveness of the response but the fact is china or Russia would not have even bothered to try to help in our situation. Russia only intervened to protect their base, they don't give a shit about syrians
>>
>>8826292
>You said men will be let into women's rooms by letting men that are trans in. Which you said are mtfs.
quote where I said "men who are trans", I'm looking back at my post and I see "trans" not "men who are trans"

>You also said mtfs are impossible to distinguish from rapists
quote where I said that

you're putting words in my mouth
if you can quote my posts where I said those things without your extreme victim complex fueling some genocidal interpretation then I'll keep talking to you, but until then I'm done
>>
>>8825881
THAT ONE is the one that set you off? Really?
>>
>>8826266
Canada anti-PC backlash when?

>>8826275
I'm a big bearded AGP repressor, if it makes you feel better I could start crossdressing publicly and using the womens bathroom(while on T).
>>
>>8826310
I think she sort of passes but the one he ss'd is definitely a hon. Zero chance of passing.
>>
>>8818001
Oh those poor transkids, they do not realize that they will be playtoys for GAMPs. Thats whats funny about being a 4channer, we know this shit we redpilled. Transkids, their parents, the left in general, not a fucking clue.
>>
>>8825869
To be clear, I still called nazism the third worst ideology.
>>
ITT: jealous late transitioner hons pointing out flaws in children
>>
>>8826518
That's why a lot of Blanchardists like you are hons who want to destroy everyone and turn them to hons. You're probably hons yourself.
>>
>>8826917
I am a hon tier repressor yes, but I'd like to see more qt MTFs.
>>
>>8826695
They were also doing it in the thread that that passing early trans posted yesterday, too, and spammed it with reports. It's genuinely scary and predatory.
>>
>>8825785
They are an evil transphobe.

Helping people like you and Cara is no charity.
>>
>>8827640
G A M P
A
M
P
>>
>>8833440
Guilty as charged
>>
>>8835746
I read that in sideshow bob's voice.
>>
>>8826695
itt: retardation
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.