[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you date someone with bpd?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0865.jpg (14KB, 389x130px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0865.jpg
14KB, 389x130px
Would you date someone with bpd?
>>
>>8816431
No, never stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>8816431
Why does this keep getting asked on /LGBT/ this is like the fourth time this week a bpd thread has come up.
>>
Yes so long as they can deal with an aspie who wont put up with their shit

Which... Probably won't happen with most but who knows
>>
>>8816431
>would you date someone who has an incredibly toxic personality

No
>>
>>8816468
Everyday till you like it
>>
File: bmwfgsfds.jpg (35KB, 632x632px) Image search: [Google]
bmwfgsfds.jpg
35KB, 632x632px
>>8816441
>>
>>8816468
There are special snowflakes who want to inflate the diagnostic category to include like every other person. People who pretend to have personality disorders online should be hanged regardless tbbbh
>>
is that you dogi
>>
>>8816468
HRT makes bpd worse so there's probably an over representation of bpd in the tranny community
>>
>>8816431
I have it. People have a tendency to blow out of proportion the negative consequences of the disorder. So yes, I would.
>>
>>8816431
I did, she also had ADHD. neither of this 2 were a problem. Just how they treated my friends and me after few years was. Nevertheless it was a beautiful long relationship anon.
>>
File: anal.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
anal.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
>>8816431
I'm bipolar and I've dated a lot of people but I always screw things up by yelling or crying or disappearing at the wrong moment.
It sucks.
>>
>>8816431
My mom has bpd.

I will never let myself get close to someone with it.

I would rather die.
>>
>>8816431
I'm schizo-effective (schizophrenia/bipolar) i would date someone with schizophrenia but when it comes to bipolar this person is correct >>8817877
The worst thing about bpd is when they think there illness is an excuse tobe a psychopathic cunt.
>>
>>8817905
>>8817877
>>8817200
This is what happens when you have the same acronym for two different diagnoses. Like 9/10 borderlines have mood disorder and 90% of that is bipolar so conflation is common, but not all bipolars end up borderline.
>>
>>8817909
I thought bipolar was just bd, adding p just seems unhelpful regardless.
>>
>>8816431
No, but I WOULD stick 'BPD' on my list of filters.

S T O P
M A K I N G
T H I S
T H R E A D

The answer is still 'never'.
>>
>>8816431
I got enough of my own problems so no, I wouldn't :/
>>
File: 1504459524582.jpg (40KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504459524582.jpg
40KB, 600x800px
>>8816431
Whew, only depressive and hostile. Guess it means I'm not that crazy.
>>
>>8816955
It does? Fuck, I never thought about that before transitioning.
>>
Sure. Worst case scenario they kill themselves.
>>
>>8816431
fuck no
every single one ive seen wants to go down and take others down with them

if you fall for the bpd meme then they will ruin you
>>
>>8818500
There's nothing more romantic than a suicide pact.
>>
As a person with BPD, no, probably not.

I am what's known as a "Quiet Borderline", so a lot of my symptoms aren't really what someone would traditionally relate to BPD. Regular Borderlines tend to externalize their anger, Quiet Borderlines internalize everything and tend to be pushovers because they're constantly afraid of being perceived as mean, aggressive, manipulative, or selfish.

I dated an External Borderline before, and she was very difficult to deal with. I think it's doable, but it's up to the individual to recognize their behaviors so they can make the extra effort to not their disorder be a burden on others.
>>
>>8816431
I have, multiple times actually. Didn't end well usually, but I still have feelings for one of them.
>>
>>8816955
Is this true? I think as a man I produce high oestrogen.
I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and Impulsive Personality Disorder amongst other things. I'm actually going to be sitting down and seeing my psychologist in less than two hours for therapy.
I am hesitant to accept the diagnoses because no one takes my concerns seriously.
I acknowledge the part about me being an emotional wreck who falls in love with h guys then drops them like a bag of shit, who likes to spend, take drugs and have a lot of sex, but it's when the "psychosis" part comes in.
I am being followed and a group of people are trying to drive me to kill myself. I know I am being spied on and watched, but when I tell even the police, they simply say I'm being paranoid or having psychosis.
I spent 7 hours in hospital a few weeks back because people were worried for my welfare. Like wtf.
No one takes your concerns seriously and it's the most frustrating thing.
My psychologist doesn't seem judgemental though and doesn't call me paranoid. He says that he doesn't stick with the diagnostic labels and that he makes judgements talking to people independent of what their records say, which I kind of believe.
Also my mother is really supportive and believes me which is good because I thought she wasn't really my mother lol.

This guy who I think I loved, I've kind of fallen out of love with. I didn't want to see him for a few weeks, turned into over a month because well I don't trust him and I felt really obese, even though my BMI was like 21.
Now that time has gone by I don't want to see him anymore but I'm too chicken shit to tell him. So I ignore him and hope he forgets me.
It's hard because when I think about him I remember how much I like him, but then other times it's like fuck him im better off alone, he just wants to destroy me.
>>
Yes I would. I have bipolar disorder and BPD is like bipolar's angry little cousin. The problem a lot of people with BPD have is that they aren't getting help for their disorder or medicating. Or they're in some stupid ass bubble like (((tumblr))) where people tell them its FINE to constantly have breakdowns and go nuts and if u say 'you need help, dude' even in a concerned way its ABLEIST. I fucking hate it!
>>
>>8816431
Someone? Yes. You? Not if it was life or death.
>>
>>8821884
http://web.missouri.edu/~gearyd/PNEC03.pdf
>>
>>8816491

We should be careful to consider the identities of xindividuals who browse the /lgbt/ board before posting comments that could potentially cause division such as this one. While there are some social interaction signifies which BPD folks deal with (not as a burden but as a focused commitment towards community acceptance), to simply refer to the population as 'toxic' is counterproductive and hurtful.

Dating a BPD xindividual should not even be a thought that deserves discussion. If you hare attracted/drawn/bonded to xim or xer, then you do not need any justification to pursue that relationship/polybond-interaction-state.
>>
only if they mommy dommed me and took care of me as their neet housewife
>>
>>8822487
>aimed directly at me
D: but we're anonymous you don't even know me
>>
>>8823263
Well I don't think there is literature on it for XY males, males with bpd on hrt is a pretty small category, finding subjects would be a nightmare.

How'd it go with the shrink?
>>
>>8816431
No, why would I when I can find someone who is compatible with me who doesn't have an exhausting disorder? I'd fuck though, we could be friends, nothing more.
>>
>>8823268
I don't think I know enough chemistry to attempt a relationship with you
>>
>>8823268
this is either satire or I dont even know holy shit
>>
>>8823686
>current year
>not having non-polar electroweak bond relationship
>>
>>8823268
>relationship/polybond-interaction-state.
I lost my shit
>>
>>8823851
That's good finding a good shrink you can trust is important, sounds like you are making progress too

I did for a while but then I stopped leaving the house... I'm moving soon and am gonnna look for a new shrink when I get there

Are you attracted to masc dudes?
>>
>>8816431
>would you date someone who's aggressive, depressive, doesn't think before acting and is always anxious?
Is this a joke? Unless the person controls said disability of course fucking not.
>>
>>8823889
Because you're a disgusting rapist, obviously.
>>
>>8822487
Explain urself pls
>>
I'm a sperg with ADHD but people with BPD are fucking wackos, and are abusive most of the time. I'd never date someone with BPD out of fear they'd kill me in my sleep for so much as talking to someone else.
>>
>>8824012
I see

Depression mostly, nah I lived alone and cut off contact with friends/family

Moving in with my mom at 25 now tho
the dream
>>
>>8824879
That's pretty harem desu
>>
>>8825071
I don't have bpd
Probably aspergers and possibly schizoid personality disorder which is a bit similar
I don't mistrust people, I don't like people, I don't hate them im just indifferent to their existence

My moms awesome though and hopefully things work out
>>
>>8822483
so true famalam. I usually try and say I want to be treated for MDD and only bring up the BPD after weeks of getting to know me as a person, and every single therapist will still immediately stop treating me like a person afterward
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.