[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How safe is it to assume someone who dresses and acts as effeminately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

How safe is it to assume someone who dresses and acts as effeminately as this is a closet homo/trans? Pic is Shinya from DIR EN GREY, who is known for acting very effeminately and crossdressing throughout his career, and has always stated to be straight (which is obviously not very reliable since he is from a anti-LGBT country and in a business where that is a huge no-no).
One might say it's just part of the visual kei image but the rest of his band stopped with the feminine look in the early 2000s.
Am I bigoted for assuming people like this are hiding something?
>>
Another pic from this year, keep in mind he's almost 40
>>
If it's a well known musician then they're probably straight or bi.

If it's just some random person you meet IRL then there's a 99.9% chance they're gay or trans.
>>
File: shinya.jpg (30KB, 492x477px) Image search: [Google]
shinya.jpg
30KB, 492x477px
>>
>>8811496
You'd have better look asking this somewhere where people actually know about VK culture, like the Visual Kei thread on >>>/cgl/ or perhaps even on >>>/mu/.

Crossdressing onstage doesn't indicate much of anything in that business IMO - there's almost always at least one crossdressing guy in the band so the rest of the band having dropped the image doesn't prove anything. I don't know enough about Shinya's personal life to know how he dresses in his downtime (although at least he's not as private as Mana).
>>
>>8811496
jrock aesthetic isn't a sexuality anon
>>
>>8811496
>people like this are hiding something

you should know that many crossdressers are heterosexual
>>
The strongest behavioral correlation between homosexuality and something else I know of is between homosexuality and non gender conforming behavior.

It's definitely something to be aware of, but beware you aren't confusing a metrosexual for a tranny or homo. It's definitely an indication they lean in that direction, and there's a reason you see fags dressing effeminately literally throughout history across cultures.

We're near peak levels of homosexuality in society, we're approaching Greek levels of faggotry, so this distinction can get confusing. Just two decades ago, you could look at a man, see he was wearing skinny jeans, and immediately know he was a faggot. These days, that's not as reliable as an indicator. Just remember, reliable gaydar is based on detecting multiple signals from the same person which all line up with the same result.
>>
>>8811496
As I understand it, Japanese culture places masculinity more on traits that those in the west would describe as effeminate and designates western masculine traits as more homosexual.

Compare, for instance, Shinya to Hard Gay/Hādo Gay.

Also, they have a dick worshiping festival ffs. You can't just look at other cultures under a western lens and expect the two to line up perfectly, come on now.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.