[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Nashville Statement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Nasvhille.jpg (3MB, 3024x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Nasvhille.jpg
3MB, 3024x2000px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/08/31/why-even-conservative-evangelicals-are-unhappy-with-the-anti-lgbt-nashville-statement/

http://archive.is/8asDt

https://cbmw.org/nashville-statement

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/jesuit-priest-slams-biblical-understanding-of-sexuality - One priest is against it

CBMW was founded in 1987 to counter the influence of feminism among evangelicals. It teaches that God created men and women equal in worth and dignity but with distinct roles in the home and church. CBMW opposes women’s ordination and teaches that men are to lead in marriage and family life. By contrast, evangelical egalitarians support women’s ordination and stress mutual submission in marriage. Both groups exist within the broader tent of evangelicalism, with various denominations taking their own views on women’s ordination.

With the Nashville Statement, CBMW seems to be shifting its traditional focus from gender roles to opposition to homosexuality and “transgenderism.” “[T]here are many ‘evangelicals’ who are trying to convince people that same-sex immorality and following Jesus can indeed go together,” wrote CBMW President Denny Burk. The statement is intended to draw a line around the evangelical label using LGBT opposition as the marker.

One of the most discussed elements of the Nashville Statement among evangelicals is something called Article 10. There, the authors state that “it is sinful to approve of homosexual immorality or transgenderism,” and that this is not an issue “about which otherwise faithful Christians should agree to disagree.”

“Readers who perceive Article 10 as a line in the sand have rightly perceived what this declaration is about. Anyone who persistently rejects God’s revelation about sexual holiness and virtue is rejecting Christianity altogether, even if they claim otherwise,” CBMW President Denny Burk said Wednesday.
>>
>>8804765
Not that it affects me personally, but it's a bunch of trash.
>>
File: shrugge.jpg (9KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
shrugge.jpg
9KB, 228x221px
I hope there is a timeline where we successfully managed to gas all Christians.
>>
>>8804765
"Hey let's just ditch basic decency and modern ideals about treating women as self-actualizing people and then DOUBLE down on smearing the LGBT community. Christian^2 amirite? Now EVERYONE loses in our game of Sharia Christianity!"

Also
> Anyone who persistently rejects God’s revelation about sexual holiness and virtue is rejecting Christianity altogether, even if they claim otherwise

Reeks of self-aggrandizing hypocrisy and impossibly overinterpreted standards of piety. I get the idea of respecting "traditional" Christian standards if one chooses, but they don't get to redefine the whole thing or restrict it any more than the flawed ideologues who came before them and anyone who will come afterward.

Just another reason young people are leaving churches faster than ever before. Many believers still miss the forest for the trees and screech about "You can't just live any old way and cry about it when you're told how to live pure" while they feed their crepey, embittered, geriatric flock their own brand of candy-coated hogwash belying everything we know about being human. If it doesn't look like their own temptations, it must be sin! Otherwise carry on, right? They throw out time-honored interpretations of the Bible that people haven't honored since enlightenment or even the Old Testament yet wax political about how disagreeing with them on observed, immutable sexuality is tantamount to heresy–like there can't possibly be a more important core ideology behind the faith.

Nope. Sorry. There are plenty of Christians who agree to disagree with you. They aren't going anywhere. Respect is a two-way street. CBMW can keep wedge-issue baiting and ignore the best tenets of hospitable faith through Christlike actions if they want. Feel free to cherry pick your convenient 19th century biblical narrative if it makes you feel higher on God's pecking order. Just don't forget we live in a pluralistic society.

Otherwise, I'm not worried about this subterfuge.
>>
>>8806881
Throw Mudslimes and Jews on the pile as well please. The big three desert religions are poisonous.
>>
I found this interesting:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/30/nashville-mayor-decries-anti-gay-statement-named-after-city.html
>>
>>8807012
Huh, interesting way to deliberately offend a city. What can be done with this information?
>>
File: IMG_2620.png (2MB, 2550x1587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2620.png
2MB, 2550x1587px
>>8807064
I don't know that the conference was a purposeful attempt to offend Nashville. I think it means that the Nashville Statement group was appealing to a southern cultural consensus that's beginning to break down.
>>
>>8807105
>shithole parts = red
>decent parts = blue
Figures tbqh
>>
>>8807105
>I don't know that the conference was a purposeful attempt to offend Nashville.
Sure, the idea was happened upon by chance, but that hardly prevents it from being weaponized.
>>
>>8807120
How much red have you visited I live in a very red place, never had issues.
>>
>>8807139
Yeah, worth noting that living in a red area doesn't guarantee trouble.
>>
>>8807167
The worst that has ever happened to me was being called a fag by a bunch of high schoolers driving by in a shitty car. They would likely have no idea I was gay so they are just being faggots.
>>
>>8804783
This
>>
>>8806893
This. Fuck sandnigger religions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.