[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one take my transness seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (130KB, 692x687px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 692x687px
I've been out as trans to my best friend since last August, and my parents and psychiatrist since last Oct-Novemberish. I'm a month and a half away from my appointment to get hormones, but almost all strangers on first glance address me as male and continue calling me "sir" etc usually unless someone calls me she or I have to say my birth name (sometimes my voice does out me though).

Nobody I've come out to has taken me seriously. My parents refuse to acknowledge that my transness is an issue or even a factor in my depression that I've had since puberty. My mom is the worst, she doesn't believe me AT ALL, still address me as she, young lady, and my birth name constantly.
It's taken months but my best friend no longer addresses me as female. He only uses "they", not "he", which I guess is better than "she" but still... And he uses my birth name too even though we had a text conversation once where he asked if there's a different name I want to be called. I'm guessing it's because the name is very obviously masculine but I don't know what to do, im too scared to bring it up again out of the blue but I don't know if he'd even use the boy version of my birth name. Also my parents signed up for this in-home family counseling program against my will. The counselor does always use my chosen name and he, but subtle things he says and does makes it pretty clear he just sees me as a female trying to act male. My psychiatrist doesn't use my chosen name and avoids pronouns. Any other friends I've told about it just act like it doesn't exist, haven't changed in any way or asked about it again.

I guess I just want to ask if I'm doing something wrong?.. I know I shouldn't expect everyone to call me my chosen name or "he" until I'm on t, but it seems like everyone around me just thinks I'm faking it. What do I do? I'm not the type to make a huge stink about it, especially for example with my best friend since I brought it up a lot to him and don't want to do it again.
>>
Oh, I'm ftm by the way.
>>
>>8797450
Explain your dysphoria and depression and how you came to realize you were trans?

>but subtle things he says and does makes it pretty clear he just sees me as a female trying to act male.
What?
>>
>>8797450
>I guess I just want to ask if I'm doing something wrong?
No, everyone around you are fuckers. Sorry about that.
>>
>>8797450
stop being a whiney little emotional bitch constantly relying on others and man up maybe

being a real guy kind of means you take care of your own shit and act confident and don't rely on others to validate you

perhaps if your transition is entirely physical you should consider whether or not you just have a fetish
>>
>>8797450

Why do you care so much about what other people think?

It's almost as though this whole thing isn't about something inside you, it's about the way you want others to treat you. But what's more pathetic than going on hormones because you can't deal with society?
>>
>>8797450
probably for the same reason they didn't take you seriously as a girl which you deflected and made about your gender instead of your personality
>>
>>8797472
Basically this OP, sorry about that.

Have you asked your psychiatrist to use your name?

Your mother is probably a lost cause. What exactly is the reason for the counselor and if it's your transness, what are his criteria for leaving you the fuck alone? That guy is a liability no matter how you look at it. If you're old enough, leave. If you're 18 you're under absolutely no obligation to put up with his bullshit.
>>
>>8797497
>>8797505
>>8797511
t. triggered TERFs. Don't listen to them OP.
>>
>>8797469
I don't want to write a thousand paragraphs.

He sees me as a girl like he'll make these subtle comments, and once outright asked why I'm trying to act hypermasculine, when I wasn't doing anything unusual (I told him I was just angry at the time which was true)

I've been depressed/had suicidal thoughts since 6th grade when I realized how others perceived me. I went from an outgoing know-it-all that didn't have any feminine qualities really, to extremely extremely quiet and aware of how everyone saw me, started copying how girls dressed and acted. This made me become really depressed but I thought it was the only option; one of the worst things in the world is to stand out too much imo, so when I realized I could never be happy as a girl and would never be normal as a guy... I still think I'm gonna kms within the next year or two, don't know if that'll change.

>>8797472
So the only people that will accept me are overtriggered tumblrinas? I just want to live life as a normal man, I don't even want to think about gender..
I feel like I'm somehow giving off some extremely feminine vibe and that's why no one will take me seriously, but I'm pretty aware of myself and don't believe I am.
>>
>>8797505
I don't know why I care so much what others think, im thinking about even fucking just killing myself rather than transitioning because I don't want to be a disappointment, I don't want to be the center of attention or some factor of gossip...
>>8797511
No, they don't take me seriously ABOUT being trans. They take me seriously about other yhings
>>8797520
The only option is moving out, which I could do but then my parents wouldn't let me use the extra car they have lying around.
>>
>>8797522
>I still think I'm gonna kms within the next year or two, don't know if that'll change.
Fuck that. Don't even think about giving up. Push through. You can do this.
>>
>>8797521
I'm a cis-het abstinent male thanks

get a fucking job
>>
Cause it's a mental disorder. You want people to accept you for who you are but YOU can't accept who you are. Every single cell in your body is a female cell. Your chromosomes are XX not XY. Hormones don't change that. You are a female the quicker you realise this the better for you and the people you love. Trust me even after you trans you won't look like an actual man. Whenever I see a person I can tell from miles away if they are trans. You will never look like an actual male and this is a fact. It is your nature to be a female. Also hormone therapy is one of the deciding factors of depression as proven by psychiatrists so I highly advise you not to undergo hormone therapy. Trans people have a 40% more chance to commit suicide and an even higher one if they have experienced depression in the past. It is dangerous for your life DON'T DO IT!
>>
>>8797542
Hurr duh durr durr HURR durr duh hurr hurr herp a derp hurrrrrrrrr
>>
>>8797528

Why don't you get therapy for your anxiety about self perception instead of fucking your body up with testosterone?

Ignore the tranny therapists, all they want to do is put you on the tranny track. This is what you have to look forward to:

> permanently lowered voice
> fucked up muscles
> serious carpal tunnel because your muscles no longer fit inside your bones
> damage to fertility
> cancer risk
> heart problems
> get pregnant and unknown shit will happen to your kid
> people die from the surgery

Ignore the transition advice and get proper mental help. This is the stupidest medical fad of the last 50 years and you don't need to get caught in it.
>>
>>8797540
>abstinent
lol
>>
>>8797522
so you're an autist with social anxiety who acquired social awareness at a late stage and uses emotional blackmail to manipulate the people close to you?

sounds like you're just an unpopular girl who doesn't fit in and can't deal with it, and makes the reason about anything other than your shitty attitude about life

basically seeking external validation without making any of the sacrifices or putting in any of the effort
>>
>>8797560

> permanently lowered voice
Obviously a good thing
> fucked up muscles
Have you even seen a trans guy before
> damage to fertility
irrelevant
> get pregnant and unknown shit will happen to your kid
what fucking trans guy gets pregnant are you retarded
>>
>>8797450
Are a Tumblr trender or an actual FtM??? If you're the latter, then I think you should transition behind their backs...But do it slowly. Take it in YOUR own hands.

And hope to Jebus your insurance pays for your med shit.
>>
File: wpath-t-damage-aug-6-2017.jpg (81KB, 490x277px) Image search: [Google]
wpath-t-damage-aug-6-2017.jpg
81KB, 490x277px
>>8797576
> what fucking trans guy gets pregnant are you retarded
A fucking ton of them?

Not to mention high suicide rates. Trannies are at war with their own bodies. Half the trannies in Sweden are on disability.
>>
>>8797522
> I just want to live life as a normal man, I don't even want to think about gender

desu normal men grew up beating down every last person who dared call them a girl. You do that to gain your masculinity. It's your rite of passage.
>>
>>8797589
>Not to mention high suicide rates
Again with this lie. We just had this thread.
>>8793732
>>
File: 1503948870909.png (593KB, 714x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1503948870909.png
593KB, 714x1138px
>>8797590
also don't forget to go out of your way to troll mtf trannies like pic related
>>
>>8797497
>>8797505
>>8797511
>>8797540
>>8797542
>>8797560
>>8797565
>>8797589
What the fuck is with all this hate for a single ftm? Even the mtfs don't get this much shit and they act way more retarded most of the time
>>
>>8797565
No, you're projecting your shit onto me. I've always felt like a male and once I got to middle school I caved, yes because of my anxiety most likely. Having social anxiety and feeling unliked because of it, vs the internal "self" in my mind, are two unrelated things. Yes I am worried about being unliked for being different, for not being a "real" male, but that doesn't mean I'm a girl.
I do put in effort both to look as male as possible before I can get on hormones, and to make myself happy. Since I've actually allowed myself to be the truest me that my body allows rn, I've made a lot of friends and expanded my interests and hobbies a lot. So don't just tell me I'm an unpopular girl who wants a reason to feel special.
>>
>>8797560
Like the other anon said, I want testosterone and the good effects outweigh the bad effects that aren't even studied enough to be proven. And why the fuck would you include fertility and pregnancy, I'm not a fucking girl or reddit "gay" pregnant psycho. The only actual negative effect you said was the heart problems, which I'm willing to overlook since dying 2-3 years earlier when I'm in my fucking 90s is less important than killing myself within the next couple years.
But if I was honest, I agree with the stupid trans fad part you said. I wish that all people with gender dysphoria or other psychologically debilitating mental illnesses would just be put to death.
>>
>>8797647
T E R F s
E
R
F
s
>>
>>8797679
>aren't even studied enough to be proven

w e w
you literally believe in doing irreversible medical shit before it's proven to be safe
I take everything back,your genes should not be passed on, Darwin wills it

> I agree with the stupid trans fad part you said
Fucking get therapy and ignore being a tranny
>>
>>8797704
Look, I made it clear I'm at a point where if I don't look like a male (sound like a male, seen as a male, all included) I'm gonna kill myself. Therefore yes I will pursue the medical route, though I can't make that decision for any other person who feels similarly to me.
By the way, never wanted to pass on my genes and have been taking therapy since like 13, with different therapists too so it's not just one uninformed opinion.
>>
>>8797657
>Yes I am worried about being unliked for being different, for not being a "real" male, but that doesn't mean I'm a girl.
I'm saying it means you're not a man, I don't care what the fuck you are, but you're not a man.
>>
>>8797775
Alright but I'm not a girl either. This is the reason I will hopefully an hero soon.. If I'm man enough,, heh
>>
>>8797450

something like this happened to me, just give it time, would you take seriously a small guy with a bird voice? maybe you, but not society.

get calm (and it's going to become worse once you start T,it's like going to puberty again, and remember every young teen is kinda emotional)

but get calm, once your voice gets deeper and your face is obviously masculine to people that knew you before, everyone it's gonna treat you like you deserve.

(1 year on t more or less.)

Your mom's is gonna be a problem, I guess it's because she's a woman and she just lost a commarade, I guess, it's gonna be harder for her.

it took me top surgery to be adressed as "the other son" I still don't have a name on my family, but hey, you will get calmer after a while on T.
>>
>>8797788
You're not going to kill yourself. You're going to make a half-assed attempt and pretend to do it so you can manipulate the people around you.
>>
>>8797807
I am calm irl, but yeah I'm constantly angry and upset inside. I can't wait for t. I guess my mom will never accept me at this point, how can I get myself to stop caring what she thinks?

>>8797815
No. If I do it at all, I'd be 100% certain I'd die. I've thought about jumping off buildings or slitting my throat but the only foolproof way is a shotgun, so that's the only way I'd even attempt.
I don't know why you seem to think I'm just some attention whore girl though, are you one yourself? Or are you insecure in your own gender or relationships with others? I just don't see why you'd take it out on someone you know nothing about.
>>
>>8797833
>I've thought about jumping off buildings or slitting my throat but the only foolproof way is a shotgun, so that's the only way I'd even attempt.
none of those are 100%

you are not transgender, you just have a borderline personality disorder

in your mind you're thinking "what if I cut off my tits WHAT IF I SHOOT MYSELF, THAT'LL SHOW THEM"

if you really wanted to you could fucking lift weights and dress and present as a man, but none of your fucking problems are based on actual masculine qualities, a real man who was in the body of a woman would man up and be a man anyway, it wouldn't matter to him that he had tits he'd just deal with it

actually transitioning is the most definitively unmasculine thing you could do
>>
How old are you?

Serious question that 100% plays into how seriously other people will take your sexual/gender identity.
>>
>ITT TERFs ruin a man's life
>>
>>8797450
They know you're delusional anon. They know it's a phase. Do YOU know that yet?
>>
>>8797897
>>8797860
Sucking on a 12 gauge is pretty close to 100% though. I do lift weights and dress and present as a man. So by your logic the most womanly thing a trans woman could do is not transition and keep "her" penis and keep their beard and being poisoned by t? Because that's what you're telling me what to do, just reverse the gender
>>
>>8797957
honestly yes that is exactly what I'm telling you, if a guy started wearing make up and dresses and cute shoes and acting effeminate while having a beard and leg hair still presenting his body itself as it is naturally, with good hygeine mind you, then I would 100% take that girl more seriously than any post-op tranny, and would be 100% more likely to date that girl than any gay dude or MtF tranny
>>
>>8797450
Did you display gender non-conforming traits in childhood and adolescence? MAybe your mom doesn't recognize your transness because you comfortably presented as female until coming out as trans later in life.
>>
>>8797540
HETTY GET OUT!!!
>>
>>8798546
This is probably the case. My mother didn't see me as legit because I've had bad anxiety all my life and am a pushover.
>>
>>8798069
Nobody dates aging drag queens. Nice try though.

>p-please just be a trap so I can pretend jerking off to you isn't a challenge to ~myuah~ society

Why are stormfags always so autistic?
>>
>>8798632
that's because nobody dates, all you do is fuck now

I don't even respect society

you're more representative of it than I am

you think you're different and don't even realize you're the new normal

you're a trend, a commodity, a new market to be capitalized on
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.