[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trans on the chans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: flag.png (794B, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
flag.png
794B, 1200x600px
Have y'all noticed all large amount of MtF trans people on 4chan compared to any other site? any idea on why?
>>
MtF are ubiquitous online, they are all over leftist spaces on reddit and somethignawful and pretty much every "nerd" area online.

They really are their own thing. Just like some sites have more men, some sites have more women, some sites have more mtfs.
>>
>>8787679

Also its always a male-oriented nerd site where mtfs congregate. Girly spaces have relatively few mtfs comparatively. You'd THINK it was the other way around--if mtfs are women in men bodies why aren't they on the girly websites, why are they on shit like reddit and 4chan? Why are they so deep in male shit?

I think once a society has too many men in it, some men turn into mtfs to try to balance things out. So once a website hits 90% male some of those males start converting into mtf. This helps society survive (even sans reproduction, traditionally societies need someone in the female role to gather food).
>>
>>8787705
This is the dumbest conjecture I've ever seen.
>>
>>8787705

For EXAMPLE, lets say in prehistorical times a gang of barbarians raid a village kill off most of the women so that it is very male slanted.

Few women --> Less food --> Starvation/death.

BUT if some of the men turn into mtfs then they can continue to gather food. So the same happens in male-dominated internet spaces long after gathering food ceases to be an issue, just based on our human nature. Same can happen in reverse, I knew tons of ftms on the fanfiction sites I went to which were comparatively female-dominated. Because in nature, you still need men to fight.

ANOTHER theory is about anime, that watching anime girls too much causes men to identify with the anime girl and become mtf. 4chan has a high concentration of weebs watching anime and this will cause them to identify with the kawaii girls and wish to become one, you can see this in the dumb "stockings" meme that trans girls on 4chan buy into. Very "anime".
>>
>>8787671
Cause mootykins made this board which became /tttt/ which also activity recruits countless numbers of traps.
>>
>>8787720

Give your own theories then I think it makes a good amount of sense why you see way more mtfs in male areas vs. female areas online, and why transgender evolve in the first place.
>>
>>8787705
Mtts are more prevalent in predominantly male spaces because of socialization. Ftts are conversely more prevalent in female dominated spaces like tumblr.
>>
>>8787705
If this were true and if nature had a brain inclined to 50:50 balance then there would only ever be one type of transgenderism at a time to remedy that balance. Your biotruthing is shit.
>>
>>8787733

Nope, because there will always be some minorities. The baseline of trans population is < 1% which we see in otherwise healthy populations. When you go to extreme skewed population like 4chan, then it spikes up...but only for the one gender, other gender trans population stay down.

>>8787732

Nah, trans people absorb the same messages and socialization that anyone else does. "Fanfics are for girls, memeboards are for boys". And yet, you still see mtfs gravitate towards the memeboard and ftm gravitate to the fanfics. its a balance issue.
>>
>>8787722
>watching anime makes you trans
lol pls
go back to gendercritical
>>
>>8787745
There's more females than males in the world.
Utter rubbish.

I've seen bitterhons with better theories than that.
>>
>>8787747
True, it's probably a TERF.

This level of utter mindfuck is so bad even bitterhons have more of a brain.
>>
>>8787751
Thats obviously from all the guys turning into girls to remedy the lack of girls in the world because of anime!
>>
>>8787747

That's a theory I heard right on 4chan tbqh, I've never been on GenderCritical I just know that trans people hate it (for good reason?). I don't know if I buy it but I do see a lot of anime motifs. But I gave my own theory as above.

>>8787732
>>8787745

ALSO if you wanted to say that "mtfs are socialized as men so thats why they go to male sites" then why would a mtf wear women clothing etc?

Everyone inherits the same set of gender roles (society specific) and then follows those gender norms according to the gender that better suits them. This means that mtfs usually try to follow female gender norm and vice versa. They want breasts and female clothes etc. HOWEVER, they don't want to go on girly website, they want to go on a masculine website.

Because all societies and groups require a degree of gender balance and in an mostly male environment that necessitates a larger number of men to be mtfs. However, if they moved away from that society it would defeat the object.
>>
>>8787751

Only very slightly more females than males in the world (~1-2% iirc)? And even then you are looking at a global scale with some countries having heavier male or female population depending (and only slight). Pretty much unnoticeable in most healthy societies.

We are talking about areas of heavy skew such as 4chan or tumblr etc. Where one gender dominates, more people of that gender will transition into the opposite gender. This is at first a contradiction. Why are there more mtfs on 4chan than ftms even though its otherwise male dominated?

Because of balance. That is what nature does.
>>
>>8787732
>tfw you agree with the TERF
rip
>>
>>8787769
>Everyone inherits the same set of gender roles (society specific) and then follows those gender norms according to the gender that better suits them.
Trans people grew up as people of their overt natal sex so they developed hobbies etc that fit their overt natal sex. They want a different sort of body because of their medical condition. They want female clothes etc because now that they're overtly presenting as women they try to fit the image of women in their mind in order to fit in.
>>
honestly I basically got tricked by this place into taking hormones but now I have boobs so idk what else to do
>>
File: super friendly outdoorsman.png (59KB, 247x329px) Image search: [Google]
super friendly outdoorsman.png
59KB, 247x329px
>>8787679
Hence the need to double up on killing the trannies. Especially ones reminiscent of Ashawna Hailey.
>>
>>8787805
PRANK'D

THEY TRICKED ME INTO TAKING HORMONES!!!!

Worse than that fucking thread where that trans girl is bitching about the timeline of effects moving too fast.
>>
>>8787756
Gendercritical unironically makes the anime argument all the time.
>>
>>8787802
>Trans people grew up as people of their overt natal sex so they developed hobbies etc that fit their overt natal sex.

??? By this logic trans people would all dress in drag because "they grew up as people of their overt natal sex so they developed fashion sense that fit their overt natal sex".

But that does not happen, or at least it rarely happens. Because trans people adopt the gender roles of their prefer gender same as cis people. So mtfs wear makeup, women clothing, grow out their hair, etc.

Also don't confuse certain internet spaces with certain hobbies, 4chan contains a wide swath of all sorts of hobbies so does tumblr. There are tons of female spaces on tumblr that discuss anime. But yet you see the mtfs still on 4chan.

> They want female clothes etc because now that they're overtly presenting as women they try to fit the image of women in their mind in order to fit in.

If all they care about is fitting in they'd want to go to female dominated spaces, and we know thats not true, They mostly hang around male dominated areas, regardless of hobbies. If you wanted to "fit in" with wealthy people for example, you'd go to the golf club and mingle. You wouldn't just buy a fancy suit and hang out in the trailer park.

Honestly what I have is just a theory but it is by FAR the theory that best fits the evidence and patterns we see with mtfs online.
>>
>>8787832
OP reminds me of that one TERF article on medium that has 'we dont have statistic to back this up' in the first paragraph then uses screenshotted /lgbt/ posts as evidence LMAO.
>>
>>8787802
>>8787836

Also you mention dysphoria ("want a different sort of body"). This is not all trans people btw there is such a thing as a "non op trans" (google it). Lots of people want different kind of bodies. A fat person might want a skinny body, a manlet might want a tall body, a old person wants a young body. Notice a pattern here? In general, when someone wants a different body its because they want to be more attractive.

What is the most attractive kind of body in a society 90% male? What kind of body would people start hoping for in that kind of society?

Food for thought.
>>
>>8787853
>Food for thought

You're really obsessed with hunter-gathering arent you?
>>
>>8787836
Interests don't really have to do with a multipurpose website's gender balance. Reddit is predominantly male but still has huge, active subs for things like makeup, female fashion, and bra fitting, with plenty of cis women.
>>
>>8787865

Pretty much every society on earth even our own has some kind of division of labor. Even setting aside the issue of reproduction, a heavy male or heavy female society would end up pretty unhealthy and possibly unable to cope. This is where mtfs etc can come in.

So in the USA if 9/10 women died tomorrow, we'd see massive labor shortages in areas like nursing, teaching, social workers, childcare etc.

I also think its very very likely we'd have big spikes in the number of mtfs in society as we already do in heavy male-skewed societal subculture.

>>8787868

Naturally. 4chan has plenty of cis women too. But both websites skew heavily male and even within subreddits etc it seems that the most mtf heavy tend also to be very male heavy, sometimes even mtfs outnumber the normal women. For more explicitly feminine subs you see the % of mts shrink down again, which fits in with the rest of my posts.
>>
>>8787868
reddit is a) less imbalanced than 4chan, b) bigger than 4chan so more cis women by virtue of them, and c) better suited to segregating interests while cis girls here just blend in instead of having their own areas.
>>
>>8787836
>??? By this logic trans people would all dress in drag because "they grew up as people of their overt natal sex so they developed fashion sense that fit their overt natal sex".
Nah, because clothes are intensely gender-associated.

>Because trans people adopt the gender roles of their prefer gender same as cis people.
I think that's a huge misconception. Being trans is not about gender roles but about your body. Trans people, like everyone else, will give in to some amount of gender role brainwashing and try to fit in with clothes etc but as you've noted yourself their hobbies etc tend to strictly break gender roles because they developed them when they lived as their "original" gender.

>So mtfs wear makeup, women clothing, grow out their hair, etc.
That's overt, insignificant stuff. How many MTFs do you see, unironically, outside of fetish stuff, try to fit the traditional stereotype of womanhood? How many believe they should do the housework etc?

>Also don't confuse certain internet spaces with certain hobbies, 4chan contains a wide swath of all sorts of hobbies so does tumblr. There are tons of female spaces on tumblr that discuss anime. But yet you see the mtfs still on 4chan.
I think that's because most grew up here before going MTF

>If all they care about is fitting in they'd want to go to female dominated spaces, and we know thats not true, They mostly hang around male dominated areas, regardless of hobbies. If you wanted to "fit in" with wealthy people for example, you'd go to the golf club and mingle. You wouldn't just buy a fancy suit and hang out in the trailer park.
You transition in order to be yourself, not to playact some role. They want to fit in in the sense that they want to pass for a cis woman, not in the sense that they want to socially be as similar to the average cis woman as possible.
>>
>>8787903
>How many believe they should do the housework etc?
*raises hand*
>>
>>8787853
>Also you mention dysphoria ("want a different sort of body"). This is not all trans people btw there is such a thing as a "non op trans" (google it).
Gender Dysphoria has a fundamentally physical basis. Even people who don't mind their penis still feel dysphoria about much of the rest of their male characteristics.

> Lots of people want different kind of bodies. A fat person might want a skinny body, a manlet might want a tall body, a old person wants a young body. Notice a pattern here? In general, when someone wants a different body its because they want to be more attractive.
The process behind gender dysphoria is fundamentally different. Transsexuals of all orientations have virilized/feminized brains (in some regions), even before hormones.
>>
>>8787919
Okay but this is Far Right Central..
>>
>>8787865
>>8787898

And just like we have our own division of labor in modern society, ancient societies also divided labor. Men would plow fields and women would sow the seeds. Men would fight the wars and women would go get food. Men would build a fort and women would weave the textiles It varies a lot depending on society and on individual but that's the overall pattern.

What happens when one gender ends up falling to very low levels? How might humanity have evolved to cope with this? Hmm
>>
>>8787928
i'm not even far right i just envy housewives
>>
>>8787671
I would be worried more about sudden outburst of AGP on other boards.
>>
>>8787949
W H E R E ?
H
E
R
E
?
>>
>>8787938
Why? It's super degrading. You're another person's bang maid+nanny.
>>
>>8787953
/v/ and /r9k/
>>
>>8787903
>That's overt, insignificant stuff.

Overt stuff is pretty significant, its how you show yourself to the world. I'd say how you present yourself to the world is a lot more significant than what forums you visit online.

>How many MTFs do you see, unironically, outside of fetish stuff, try to fit the traditional stereotype of womanhood? How many believe they should do the housework etc?

About the same for cis women I guess? I honestly don't know. Feminism is really trendy right now and lots of feminist spaces are a bit dominated by mtfs (TERFs are the only exception and you can see how much mtfs get mad at them).

Either way though your post gave me more to think about. Are you trans? So for you, being trans is only a physical thing, including things like clothing, and not including anything like interests or the overall gender roles? I guess this would also explain the gender skew but in that case I misunderstand what it means to be trans, since I thought it was internal too, like "woman caught in a mans body" kind of thing.
>>
>>8787954

I'm a housewife (not a trans) and I like it because I have severe anxiety and hate leaving the house.
>>
>>8787960
>Overt stuff is pretty significant, its how you show yourself to the world. I'd say how you present yourself to the world is a lot more significant than what forums you visit online.
Yeah, I misphrased myself. I meant that you can cheaply signal your gender to the outside world and fit in using things like clothes etc but dressing in a certain way doesn't fundamentally change who you are, what you like and so on.

>Feminism is really trendy right now and lots of feminist spaces are a bit dominated by mtfs
Is that really the case? I got the impression that MTF-dominated spaces just tend to pop up in the news because ~controversy~

>Are you trans?
That depends on who you ask. I haven't and don't intend to transition because my body is already utterly ruined but if it wasn't I'd transition.

>So for you, being trans is only a physical thing, including things like clothing, and not including anything like interests or the overall gender roles?
I want to say yes but I know that there ARE some people who are really into fitting their "new" gender role. I think that the basis of being trans is physical but gender-related brainwashing can construct a whole bunch of stuff on top of that.

>I guess this would also explain the gender skew but in that case I misunderstand what it means to be trans, since I thought it was internal too, like "woman caught in a mans body" kind of thing.
In my view it goes like this:
Gender Dysphoria causes you to feel that your body is wrong in some sexual dimorphism related ways. Sometimes all, sometimes not. You feel the need to have a body of the "opposite" sex. Anatomic dysphoria. It most likely has a biological cause.
>>
>>8787960
cont.

You're told, your whole life, that people who have bodies like that are called men/women, and that men and women act in a certain way. You conclude that since you feel the need to have that sort of body you must actually be a man/woman yourself, and start to feel bad about how you are not like the man/woman you're "supposed" to be, and about how you're not even allowed to be like this. Social dysphoria, which is not biological but sprung from the biological sort of dysphoria.

The first sort of dysphoria is universal (though intensities vary) while the second is not (though some level of it is very very common) since it is learned and a consequence of the first.

Neurological studies involving brain scans etc show that trans people have brains that, in some areas but not in others, show patterns between what is typical for men and women (that is, being a man or a woman or trans doesn't mean you will exhibit a certain pattern in a certain area, but it does mean that you're more likely to exhibit certain patterns, on a bell curve distribution, and that the bell curves differ between the three groups, with the center of the trans bell curve falling between the other two). We also know that some other animals, such as rats and monkeys, exhibit behaviors typical to the other sex if they've been exposed to natal androgens at key moments. This is why I believe anatomic dysphoria has a biological cause, and can serve as a basis for the more abstract sort of dysphoria.
>>
>>8787967
Know what? I'm a fucking jerk and I shouldn't have said that. Sorry.
>>
>>8788040
>Is that really the case? I got the impression that MTF-dominated spaces just tend to pop up in the news because ~controversy~

I always found it to be so, except again, the "terfs" who as far as I can tell exist on a single subreddit (GenderCritical) and manage to trigger every mtf in the world.
But again, it depends on the website, so if I go on reddit and "gamerghazi" or "srs" I'll see tons of mtfs and mtf issues dominating (and then cis men). But if I go on Jezebel I see mostly corporate/celebrity garbage dominating. If I go on tumblr I'll see lots of genderqueer.

I don't even know. Feminism is its own can of worms. I think most cis women do what they have to to survive. Some might want to stay at home but can't because their husband don't make enough (wage stagnation). Some want to work but have to stay home because childcare costs way too much money. Feminine oriented labor doesn't begin and end with homemaking though, so you see huge gender skews in areas like nursing, teaching, social work, human resources, etc. Lots of women who work outside the home are still the primary homemakers. Are mtfs also filling those niches? Or are they more interested in male-dominated work like construction, auto repair, trucking, military? I would think the former but (given the pattern we see with websites and online spaces) maybe its the latter. Worth looking into.

I've been told that indie game development attracts tons of mtfs, to where mtfs outnumber cis women. Indie gaming is kinda masculine but in that candy ass millennial way. But you can say the same for 4chan and reddit too.

I'm tired though I am going to bed. Thanks a lot for your posts though and gender vs. social dysphoria. It gave me a lot to think about.
>>
>>8788140
And thank you for engaging in good faith.
>>
>>8788067

No problem lol I didn't take offense, we're on 4chan plus being a bang maid sounds kinda hot? Just thought I'd say why I'm super grateful to be a housewife.
>>
File: kotoura.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kotoura.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>8787959
> AGP on /v/
>sudden
>>
>>8788686
I sometimes feel like a lot of the bitter misogynists on /v/ and /tg/ are just repressed women. It's really sad. You can see the same sort of misogyny in repgen.
>>
>>8788689
>using m-word unironically
you need to go back
>>
>>8788711
I've been here for over 10 years. This is my home.
>>
>>8788711
Just because feminist types overuse the word doesn't mean that it's not a thing that exists. bitterness towards women is a thing that exists.
>>
>>8788744
"Doctor, the tumor appears to have been present since birth."
>>
>>8787671
4chan is for freaks
>>
>>8787959
Threads you mean?

Wonder if other boards are the same.
>>
>>8787671
That's because before /lgbt/ existed, there were already a lot of delusional men who wanted to be the little girl with retarded ideas of an ideal and easy existence. Now armed with new vocab and memes, many are still play-acting this while a few are legitimately transitioning.
>>
>>8787705
If this were true, then wouldn't countries with a huge sex ratio problem have a high rate of trans people? China, South Korea, India, Armenia, half of the middle east, Russia, Ukraine, etc. Instead you see the highest prevalence of trans people in western Europe, North America, and Latin America, all of which have mostly equal sex ratios.

Why don't we see a massive surge in FtMs whenever there's a big war? As far as I'm aware, there are several MtF WW2 veterans but no FtMs. Why is that?

Why do you believe that online communities, of which are only one part of a person's life and where most people are going to browse multiple ones, is what has an effect? Why isn't Facebook full of FtMs when it has a female-slanted sex ratio?
>>
>>8788850
>As far as I'm aware, there are several MtF WW2 veterans but no FtMs. Why is that?

Should've clarified of course that there aren't FtM veterans for obvious reasons but still, you'd expect to see a lot of them from the time period if this theory was true.
>>
It's really a lot simpler than you all are making it.

There are more trans people on the internet than (proportionally) in real life because we tend to be early adopters. There are more mtfs because mtfs are in fact more common than ftms.
>>
>>8789003

Are you saying that there will be a higher percentage of transgender people in the future?

Wouldn't that throw out the idea that trans is genetic?
>>
>>8789009
You aren't accounting for people who repress because of the current society. The amount of people with whatever causes it doesn't have to increase for the amount of people who transition to increase.
>>
the israelis and their trap threads
>>
>>8787705

Its probably just because even when they transition, the affinity for things men are interested in like mechanical or moving parts doesn't change.
>>
4 changes is anonymous. I don't need everyone knowing I'm a degenerate tranny
>>
>>8787705
There are fucktons of trannies on Tumblr you are retarded.
>>
>>8787705
because you can't get me to like that fuzzy bluepill shit.
>>
>>8787769
why be a basic bitch when you can be a qt redpill grill
>>
>>8787836
you're overthinking it. I come here because despite my identity, I can't get the level of critical thinking the people have here in feminine sites.

That's besides the point, I was an internet gremlin before I was a snowflake.
>>
>>8787954
>>>8787938
>Why? It's super degrading. You're another person's bang maid+nanny.
Ya know plenty of people like traditional gender norms. Many women would be/are happy to be jobless and provided for by a man.
And I've totally heard of MtF's who would love to just slot in to the Fifty's housewives role.

Besides that, why do you think Fifty Shades Of Grey sold so well? Because (vastly generalising here, but) women like to be submissive. The book/film wouldn't have sold anywhere near as well if the roles were reversed, obviously bonus points for the fact it was (poorly) written by a woman.
>>
>>8790784
>Many women would be/are happy to be jobless and provided for by a man.
>And I've totally heard of MtF's who would love to just slot in to the Fifty's housewives role.
i'm sure this is part of why i'm trans
>>
>>8787671
anime and autism. It's that simple
>>
>>8787671
I think we are more marginalized than any other community. 4chan is already flooded with social outsiders and mtfs are some of the utmost ostracized, so here we can come a be ourselves and don't have to hide behind a male mask, but a mask of anonymity
>>
Because 4chan is for faggots
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.