[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Detransitioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1503658163208.png (456KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503658163208.png
456KB, 540x540px
Has anybody here only found themselves transitioning because they didn't have anything to do in life? Because they didn't have anything attached to their identity?

I feel like I transitioned because it would make my life better, and while I still feel dysphoria, it isn't taking me where I want it to and in general I think it's just making life a pain in the ass. Call it AGP, call it whatever you want, but I feel like this whole thing is a meme sometimes.

Now that I'm older, and life is beginning to shape up and I'm actually doing things with it now, I no longer feel such an urge to transition. My problem is that I've already came out to my friends and family years ago, and they all see it as part of who I am now. To them, I'm the resident trans person.

Anybody else been in this position before?
>>
>>8787370
>transitioning because they didn't have anything to do in life
That's a terrible fucking reason to transition, anon.

Transition does make life harder. Surely you didn't expect transitioning would make things easier? We still do it because even if some things are harder, you can be true to yourself. Transition is a process with an endpoint, it's not supposed to go on forever. That said, if you truly feel like this isn't where you want to go in life and transition isn't helping you, by all means it's your right to detransition (and it doesn't mean your transition failed either, it's just another step on your journey). I'd advise you to discuss this with a therapist for sure before taking any steps. I wonder if you might feel the impulse to detransition because dysphoria isn't haunting your life as much, like the depressed person who goes off the meds because they feel better when the meds are WHY they feel better.

As for your friends and family, they can deal. Be true to YOU.
>>
No because I wasnt a fucking transtrender.
>>
>>8787420
I'm not one though

people make mistakes

ask your parents
>>
No.

If you really do feel dysphoria, maybe it doesn't seem so important precisely because you're not being forced into the wrong role all the time. It's a common tranny mistake to think that getting used to be treated the right way is a sign that it wasn't a big deal in the first place.
>>
>>8787437
eh, in my case part of the problem is that I'm not really treated that well
>>
>>8787370
Make your life better how? How did transition not work out for you? You don't pass? Boo hoo some people are ugly. How ELSE are you dissatisfied?
>>
>>8787370
You ever see your slf detrans itioning because life is easier as cis?
>>
>>8787370
Transitioning has made my life a living hell and I still don't want to stop lmao
Honestly the world just fucking sucks. It sucked pre-transition and it sucks now. Pre-transition I was a skinny manlet nerdy dude so it's not like I was treated well then so nothing has changed.
The only thing that keeps me going is the hope that I can open my open business and get away from being a wageslave. I hate having to be so careful about everything I do over fear of losing my job. I don't maintain social media because that's a death sentence if you want a stable career. I have to hide so much of my life just to keep a job it's ridiculous. I don't know how people survive until retirement living like this.
>>
>>8787794
they are such notrimes they have nothing to hide on top of not having anxiety like trannies tend to
>>
>>8787551
Not passing is not just "ugly". It's being regarded as subhuman by 90% of society.
>>
People transition because instead of dealing with their problems through the tough work of introspection and self-discovery, it's easier to trick yourself into thinking you can make yourself happy through hormones and surgery.
>>
>>8787930
This. Lots of people who transition still have deep seated issues to work through - depression, anxiety, trauma, etc. also the more you repress the worse off you are psychologically, it seems
>>
>>8787772
pretty much
>>
>>8787930
In my case, the self-discovery shit just kinda happened. As time passed, I began to realize that I didn't need to transition to feel comfortable in my own skin. I wasn't an outcast, there isn't anything wrong with me, and that's okay. Life just seemed terrible as a normal male and I was confused and didn't know where to go. That all changed after I got some freedom in life.
>>
>>8787946
>Life just seemed terrible as a normal male and I was confused and didn't know where to go.
It doesn't really sound like you were trans in the first place desu
>>
>>8787946
Just detransition then, dumbass. You were never trans.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.