[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oh shite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

about to tell my parents im trans

someone talk me out of telling them
>>
wat you gonna say anon
>>
>>8786296
I wish I had your balls.
>>
File: 5a61b9d2505255d9e188e995d4098ff3.jpg (100KB, 736x1254px) Image search: [Google]
5a61b9d2505255d9e188e995d4098ff3.jpg
100KB, 736x1254px
im going to go the emotional route and hope to persuade them not to hate me.
>>
>>8786296
Do you have an idea of how they will react?
>>
holy shit they just fnished watching a movie so i guess ill do it now

ill be back with the results
>>
>>8786296
Dont tell them if it will hurt you materialistically..
If you want to tell them and isn't 100% that they would accept it, prepare to be independent financially
>>
they are conservative christians
soooo
>>
>>8786331
Don't rush it lol....
Rushing would only cut urself from better options u can take
but if you think it's not a very harmful option to tell them, then go ahead
>>
>>8786331
I would just self med. My parents are similar and they did not take it that well
>>
>>8786339
I dont know what that means clearly.. THough conservative christians doesnt sound nice, I guess it also depends on how much they care about your feeling versus how much they care about you becoming who they want you to be (aka successful to many more traditional people)

Again, if you dont have near 100% certainty that they will accept you, figure out how to take it back in case of things to go on bad(aka 'LOL I was joking mom and dad you are going on youtube' with a camera in your hand or soemthing like that)

And if you go and plan to push it hard and you,urself, is not a person who is able to keep calm in case an arguement happens... Then do this when u r more financially ready to be independent... I dont want you to end up on the street as an 18 year old trans who doesnt have a job ....

it's probably better to med in those cases and hide it smartly but make sure u hide it well... consider all cases and things that your parents could possibly search for whatever reason... and get rid of the labels lol
>>
>>8786321
I'm sure she wishes you had them as well
>>
>>8786362
don't carelessly throw your labels into your daily parent's trashcan lol... either put it at the bottom and rip it or hide it until you can throw it into trash cans away from home...

whereas for your chest in case they grow... dont over estimate how much normal people knows about hrt lol... I think most people (especially more traditional people I guess) dont even know that hrt gives you chests... or that hrt even exists... and there are probably ways to work around that like I did unless it's big....

>>8786321
Yea I m sure she wishes you that as well...
>>
>>8786383
A lot of people seem to think that trans people just all get breast implants

I don't think they really understand what actually causes things like breast growth
>>
>>8786296
Tomorrow we will find a news article about being beaten to death.
>>
File: 1493001869371.jpg (31KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1493001869371.jpg
31KB, 212x212px
>>8786371
>>8786383
>>
Whether you still want to tell them after reading my opinions is yours to consider lol.. I can only wish the best outcome between your parents and you...
And if you ever afraid of you parents getting very angry in the future because you lied to them/ didnt tell them... you can consider abusing normal people's lack of knowledge of trans people lol, especially when they are not that type that likes to do a lot of research and learn
After all, even if you tell your parents in the future that you only started hrt like only 3 weeks ago when in reality it's like 1 years ago... They would probably believe you... unless your chest is so obvious that it's boobs... and there is no way to argue around that...

>>8786400
Yeah... #MyParent...
Last time my mother suspect if i have anything wrong since my chest is so buffy, she checked whether I have scarves lol.. At the end, I manage to convince her that it's just fat
>>
So, how does everyone think it's going for OP?

Odds aren't amazing since she said they're conservative christians, but I've been surprised before by some CCs.
>>
OP getting the shit beat out of him right now
>>
>>8786485
OP is rip in peace hon forever
>>
>>8786485
I think itll might be stressful but i think hell be fine....
and yeah
Afterall it's pointless to label other people like that... You cant really make a clear judgement unless you know them well
>>
>>8786515
or she*
my apologies...
>Tfw i'm a trans as well but misgendered someone...
>>
>>8786523
tbf we don't actually know if we're misgendering OP or not. I don't think they stated if they're a girl or a guy

I'm assuming girl based on the demographics of this board, but I dunno for sure
>>
I think OP is a kill
>>
Well I'm back

And it went as bad as I had expected.
>>
>>8786844
uh oh. Tell us about it
>>
>>8786844
yup
I told them as I expected :3
>>
Tell us what happened and what did u do lol
>>
I started off by telling them how much I love them and that for years previous, they always made me feel small and insignificant. I told them I was ashamed but that I wanted to be honest. After a few minutes my mom asks "are you GAY?"
" no it's not that"
She's just sitting there frozen in anger.
Meanwhile my dad is trying to convince me that I am confused and that I have to "close the door" on these kinds of things.
I pause for a minute... I still can't say it. " when I was younger I used to dream of my self as a woman" ... it hits them
>>
>>8786861
AHAHAHA yes, I love these stories, continue please
>>
>>8786861
How old are you
>>
Fucking hell
I still couldn't say that I was trans I could only allude to it...
We keep circling these arguments over and over and over again eventually my dad tells me about how he was molested when he was a boy by an older boy
That really pushed this over the edge for me...
I felt bad for him but I realized that this ignorance is already ingrained sooo deep inside his core
>>
>>8786869
I'm 21 in college currently
>>
I never doubted that my parents loved me but I kept asking them to do their research but they were not willing to even entertain that. My mom kept saying" no amount of articles that I read will change how I feel" " I will never accept this"
I'm trying so hard not to come off angry trying not to escalate things but dang
>>
>>8786873
typical, my parents did the same thing, they know what you wanted to say they were just acting innocent because they didn't want to hear it
>>
>>8786861
>Meanwhile my dad is trying to convince me that I am confused and that I have to "close the door" on these kinds of things.
lol humor your dad op. Tell him that you want to try things his way and give it a chance, especially if your a virgin op.

You dad speaks as someone whos probably had these thoughts before, probably an old repressor lol. But i think the best thing you should do is humor him and show him that your not just going with some fad but want to become a better person. Im not saying not to transition, but go out on a few father daughter dates with him and see how things go. I always wished i had parents lol
>>
>>8786881
same
>>
I keep telling my parents that this is biological but they don't think so. "it's the liberal media the the people you hang around with " so I explain that being gay wasn't a choice for these others (still not saying that I'm trans) I explain that if it was a choice then my dad would've turned gay after he was molested. No amount of homosexual sex can turn a person gay and in the same way my condition is unchangeable. " but God MADE you a male"
" okay but we don't know if God even cared"
>>
>>8786909
>we don't know if god even cared

ouch. I can't imagine that little bit went over well
>>
>>8786894
I think your right. In the past he has alluded to how all men have these feelings... but as for trying. I don't think I can anymore. I'm at my breaking point, if I don't transition then I don't want to exist...
And those father daughter dates oh lord I don't pass yet lol
>>
>>8786921
Yeah I think your right. I said that because it's a pet peeve of mine that she always cuts off an argument with"its gods will" she does it too much and it annoys me...
>>
>>8786930
Oh I don't fault you for it, I probably would have said something similar.
>>
On to the last part of this mess...
My mother asks me"well what is it exactly that you want"
I tell her that I want her to research these things to understand me.
"No I mean what do you want right NOW"
" I want to start taking hormone blockers----"
I look over and my dad looks PISSED
" you know what that was our fault for allowing too much internet access in this house" " the internet, from now on will stop at 12am"
Fucking hell I stay up late and he knows this
>>
>>8786947
haha wow anon, your whole story sounds almost exactly like mine, welcome to the shitty parents club
>>
Well shit. They don't accept me but atleast they didn't tell me to leave...
But that doesn't matter because government housing here I come. Hormones here I come.
But now I have to cancel my college courses before it's nonrefundable
Luckily I have a decent paying job
>>
>>8786924
lol what im saying is, your father found a way and thinks he can get you through this. He's afraid of losing you. Just humor him. If he wants to take you out and pick up girls, go out with him. Just by giving him a chance your doing more than most people would ever. Using him for a home for 20 something years and ditching him to transition and never talking again is the same as a parent kicking you out for being trans.
>>
>>8786960
Sounds like you're getting out of there? If so, good. It's not a good environment to be there if they're not gonna accept you. Glad that hormones are in your future, at least.

>>8786961
No, it's not the same at all. She's done nothing bad- her parents should accept her for who she is. Being a religiously focused jerk is a choice, being trans isn't.
>>
Forgot to mention I'm a trans girl

But good news because my father just came over to hug me and he told me he will always love me because I'm his "son"
Bittersweet but I'll take it
>>
>>8786947
are you me?
>>
>>8786971
oh come on. These two people spent 21 years of their life raising a child and making sure they can even go as far as college. She owes them, whether you want to believe it or not. I just think she should do her best keeping the family together and atleast show her parents some respect.
>>
>>8786961
Maybe you're right. But I just feel that this will be playing the pity card because there's no way I'll successfully pick up a girl lol
Then I'll look bad and maybe he'll understand?
I'm willing to try anything at this point but I think moving out will give me the space I need.
>>
>>8786984
Probably lol
>>
>>8786988
lmao, children don't owe their parents shit
especially not parents that withhold their love and support for their children
>>
>>8786975
Well, it's something I guess? It's still fucking shitty, but at least he isn't full out angry at you.

>>8786988
Fuck that. Why should you hold respect for someone if they don't even respect you enough to accept you for who you are?

As for taking care of her for 21 years, that's their job. They had a kid, that's what you do when you have a kid- it's not a gift. Their other job as parents is to love their child and accept that she isn't going to be exactly like they wanted, and they've failed at that.
>>
>>8786990
Moving out will also show a bit of seriousness on your part- it shows very clearly that if they're not gonna be on your side, you're capable of being your own person without them.
>>
>>8786971
Thanks. I really appreciate you all.
And yes I'm moving soon to an income based apartment. Crossing my fingers that no one will bust down my door in the future.
>>
>>8786990
>Then I'll look bad and maybe he'll understand?
thats the idea. Its not about succeeding, its about trying for him and showing him instead of telling.

>>8786997
Children LITERALLY owe their parents their lives. You have no idea what it takes to raise a child. Im not talking about the dads who left their moms and popped up in your life at 18 when he didn't have to pay child support like my dad, im talking about those 9-5s who raised you and changed your diapers and fed you and came to your crib everytime you cried in the middle of the night.
>>
>>8787015
If you're worried about that, can you make it so they don't know where you live? If you can control if/when you interact with your family and where, that's be an advantage.
>>
>>8787022
Children didn't ask to be born. You have a kid, you take care of them. It's what you're supposed to do- it's literally the basic expectation. Sure, some people fail that expectation, like your father, but that doesn't mean it's suddenly something special for the people that meet the expectations.

If they didn't care about her enough to accept her as she is, even grudgingly, they don't care about her as a person. They care about her as an idea, and that idea is not true.
>>
>>8787022
To be honest I've felt both ways.
Fuck my parents or fuck my entitlement.

But I told them that I don't want to wake up one day after being ignored for 30 years with a call from them... I don't want to stop being a family but I have to face the truth of this situation. I will try everything I can to change the way that they feel but If they can't ever accept me then I have to run away. I guess this will be figured out soon enough...
>>
>>8786975
So cute!!
sadly it's son lol
You shouldnt have told them that u wanted to take med cus it's harder to snuck med if u do that...
>>8787042
Im kind of jealous of how attached you feel toward your parents...
Because I rarely/never felt the same way...
makes me kind of sad
>>
>>8787042
That's a pretty adult mindset to have, anon. You're willing to reach out and try to get them to be on your side, but you understand that you have to put being yourself as a person first.
>>
>>8787025
I can try but they have all my records so they may still find out. But I dont think they'll mess with me if I move out.
>>
>>8787048
Regardless if they still love you, they will still try and stay in contact with you no matter what... Because at the end if they really love you, they will miss you no matter what you are and will put their pride aside to and accept the situation see you in a calm or calmer manner...

and again if they just like to make u their glorified successful son they imagined and wont accept you, tries to start arguement whenever you see them etc or make you feel bad, then you might as well just disconnect them....
But judging from your attachment with your parent... I think they'll accept you over time...
Just make sure you get the blocker and E u wanted/needed.... We all know that aging is not funny for us...
>>
>>8787048
Lol your right about the meds. DESU I should have just waited to tell them. I could've just started binding my chest but hindsight is 20/20

And I'm sorry about the relationship with your parents. It's hard to love someone when they are just parasitic or make you miserable. I realized that I do love my parents. It's just that I hate this bigotry.

I hope you can find someone you love and be loved back anon.
>>
>>8787051
I dont think you need to go as far as they don't know where you live honestly...
It does give you more control, but I think it's unlikely that your parent will come busting ur doors and or accuse u trans in front of your house ....
if they do that, that's a bit pathetic...
and honestly I do hate how some parents dont seem to respect their child as equal
>>
Desu? Dang autocorrect
I meant "DESU
>>
>>8787087
it's a filter, friendo
>>
*to
Be
Honest

Not desu
>>
>>8787075
You dont need to bind lol... Idk unless u will end up getting really big chest...
Like for me... there is <two inches difference between my bust and under bust if i measured correctly and my grandma never questioned me for the past 3 months while I manage to convince my mother it is just fat...

but yeah if it gets really obvious there are also binding suits that ccan help ...

>And I'm sorry about the relationship with your parents.
For me it's not so bad lol, but I just never felt attached to her for whatever reason and I manage to keep everything in my control imo so my situation is w/e
>I hope you can find someone you love and be loved back anon.
Thanks regardless
>>
>>8787050
I just want the best outcome. Ya know?

Why can't my parents be liberals from Connecticut lol
>>
>>8787103
There's definitely more fat on my chest and butt but I suppose your right since I wear thick hoodies anyway lol
>>
>>8787102
>>8787087
Jesus fucking newfag
>>
>>8787087
>desu? I meant DESU
literally lol'd
>>
>>8787320
Lol shut up. I'm a long time lurker. I just never made a post before.
>>
>>8786861
What did you expect you insulted them first.
>>
Don't do it OP you have so much to live f..oh way nevermind
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.