[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the consensus on nonbinary pronouns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Pronoun-cards-2016-02-1024x585.png (266KB, 1024x585px) Image search: [Google]
Pronoun-cards-2016-02-1024x585.png
266KB, 1024x585px
What's the consensus on nonbinary pronouns?
>>
>>8783669
Don't give a shit either way.
>>
>>8783669
Only one I've ever heard ask for is "they/them" pronouns. I'm fine with using nonbinary pronouns- it doesn't hurt me, and it might make the person feel better.
>>
>>8783669
You get he, she, they, or it with me. Ain't using bullshit artificial words.
Either that or accept our glorious new overlords and learn the language of our masters: Mandarin. Then I'll call you ta1.
>>
Calling people who don't want to be addressed by he/she should be addressed by singular they/them/their. It is the best comprimise.

These lists of pronouns are constructed language and won't be adopted by the mainstream just because some tranny cries about it.
>>
I said this in another thread. this stuff is too much, even for they/them you would have to explicitly tell someone to refer to you like that. so among friends it's probably okay.
but realistically, calling yourself an androgynous male/female/mtf or ftm makes the most sense.
for people who dislike being called any of those, most people will assume one or the other because they are trying NOT to be rude.
>>
Ask me to call you by whatever pronouns you like. I don't care as long as you don't get pissy when I don't.
>>
>>8783669
they is acceptable and sufficient
>>
>>8783669
there isnt any consensus in society or on this board

which is why people argue about it often
>>
he, she, it
>>
I've given up on even they/them. Enbies are busy making us look like fucking idiots. Hell, my roommate has an ex-friend who was literally """educating""" people on her pronouns at the till at the discount clothing store where she worked. Fucking horrifying. People leaving that store are going to think that's what trans people are, and she's just some LARPing yaoi-obsessed girl.

I refuse to cater to these people anymore. He or she. Pick one, faggots, and live it properly.
>>
>>8785242
That's rude. I think you should be more accommodating of people with mental illnesses, in today's tolerant society.
>>
They is the only one I will use. The rest do not roll off the tongue well at all. They're obnoxious, do not sound right, and take effort to say.
>>
>>8783669
What situation would you ever use them in? I can't think of many cases where I'd use someone's pronoun if they were actually there. Grammatically speaking I mean

Introducing them is about it, and how often are you introducing your trans buddy to someone and you don't know their pronoun?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.