[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lgbt/ think of non-binaries and gender fluids?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2973.jpg (34KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2973.jpg
34KB, 500x458px
Valid or attention seeking?
>>
>non binary
>gender fluid
Who doesn't love 2 cum?
>>
>>8781563
In aggregate? Valid, of course. Their story and identity is messed up just like ours. Science hasn't nailed ours down entirely, nor theirs, so there's really no consistent way to say they're invalid but we're not.

Doesn't mean there won't be a few special snowflakes, just means that shouldn't be the presumption.
>>
>>8781563
See the FTM nonbinary "should I go on T I don't want a hairy ass crack" thread to see
>>
>>8781834
fuck you. I'm op
this dude knows what he's talking about>>8781573
>>
>>8781563
>gender fluid
I would say yes, in most cases at least. But I think that gender can change over time, naturally.

>non-binary
some cases yes, but I think that there are a lot that are more just sort of being trendy. Not consciously, I don't think they're being actively attention seeking, but it's a sort of new, trendy thing that a lot of people are getting excited about, people are much more actively questioning gender identity, and it leads to a lot of people rejecting gender outright. I think non-binary numbers will eventually start to decrease, when trans issues are less 'exciting' but never completely dwindle. I think there will always be people who reject gender outright. I do think people who take on a gender other than male/female/none though, I think that's very much a product of the times, and won't be a thing in the future. There's nothing really wrong with it, and the people who identify that way aren't wrong per say, I just think it's very much a product of the times and the culture they're in.
>>
>>8781881
You're not Op. Piss off.
>>
>>8781563
Oh look, a tranny calling someone else attention seeking. How novel and surprising.
>>
Perhaps some people are valid. But when I read "transmasc nonbinary demiboy" I can't help but to laugh
>>
You're trans and using it as a stepping stone or rebelling. But neither of those is really bad. Stepping stone is good while rebelling is fine, there's a lot worse things you could be doing during your rebellious phase.
>>
>>8781881
What I meant was, see it for 4chan's attitude towards nb/genderfluid.
>>
>>8781563
Attention seeking cishet girls.
>>
>>8781927
ah yes, excessive label syndrome. typical of the Tumblr type. i'm sure most of those people will just later realize that their '''''''''''''gender and sexuality'''''''''' is a lot more simple than that.
>>
We're all mentally ill, but at least people that are mtf or ftm have an obtainable goal. Nb and fluids are just completely lost.
>>
>>8781563
I'm real. I'm realizing my dysphoria is rooted towards sexual dymorphism of any sort which sucks but hey my face is quite androgynous and I've been on and off hormones for years.

All I need is weight loss and longer hair and some procedures I'm on wiatlists for (FFS/Breast tissue removal) and I'm set. Big shoulder but hey no one is perfect.
>>
>>8781563
I don't think about them or care. Let people do what they want.
>>
>>8783195
Indeed they should be. But they expecting us to learn 10 new pronouns is mad. I can tolerate they/them, but even that is sick.
>>
File: IMG_9033.jpg (52KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9033.jpg
52KB, 544x499px
>>8782888
>>
it's all make believe, nothing but a bunch of confusing bullshit that means nothing to make people look "unique" and make up for their lack of anything remotely interesting about themselves
>>
Valid in the incredibly specific case that you are intersex. I am thus in favor of a trinary system of gender, M/F/X. If you don't feel you fit in with the >99% of people that are M/F, then you should be thrown in with a third group. This is simple, and allows for the people that are not M/F to lobby more effectively for people to treat them in certain ways.

It's a bit attention whoring though. It's easier for this small minority of people to fit in than it is for the entire world to change for the sake of their feels.

Genderfluid does exist. It's called "Dissociative identity disorder". Of course, the genderfluid people claim they don't have this because their personality isn't changing, just their gender identity... but gender identity IS part of your personality you nitwits. If you expect to be called Jack one day, and Jackie the next, you are fucking insane, and I am going to call you by the name on your birth certificate, and not even touch pronouns. The only way medical science recognises genderfluidity existing is in the form of DID, so I'm going to treat you like you have DID, if you say you are genderfluid.

Yeah, a lot of people feel more femme one day and more butch the next. They don't fucking go to the extent they ask to be called by another name. If you are that far gone I'm assuming you're sick in the head. You don't get to have two identities and throw a tantrum when you told somebody your name was bob yesterday, and they called you bob today, and expect society to not think you're fucking nuts. If you want to adopt an androgynous anme and insist on being called an androgynous pronoun, fine, people that don't like the pronoun can call you by your name. However, don't expect to be referred by two fucking names and two fucking pronouns and expect people to not think you're nuttier than a fruitcake.
>>
>>8781887
>>8783930
>But I think that gender can change over time, naturally.

Addressing this, yes, that is the case, people change gender identity regularly during puberty. Women can have it change after menopause. Men lose testosterone in later years. Your hormone levels change.

However, the people who have their hormone levels change and feel more feminine/masculine than they used to, that's not what we're talking about with gender-fluid. We're talking about people who want to be taken seriously when they want to be called by one name one day, and another name the next. They are fucking mad, the only scientific evidence we have of them existing is in the form of Disassociative Identity Disorder, which they claim they don't have because it's merely their Gender Identity changing from day to day despite that being part of their fucking identity.

Either you have a medical problem, or you don't. If you start crying because you're an employee in a store, and somebody who learned your name was Jill last week when you were wearing a skirt, calls you Jill this week when you were wearing pants, when you were really Jim, I'm not going to go "What the fuck that customer was so unreasonable Jim is genderfluid", I'm going to think you're fucking insane. The moment you want people to humour you, you cross the line from "feeling different from day to day" to being insane.
>>
>>8783930
The good old /lgbt/ wall of armchair psycology.

We should play a game called "Autism or Bait?", the winner gets 4 agp transbian slaves.
>>
>>8784021
>armchair psycology
So just psychology
>>
>>8784021

Can I fuck the transbian slaves, even though I'm a guy?
>>
Doc's advice: Don't forget to replenish your gender fluids every day.

t. doc
>>
File: 1bc.png (95KB, 626x754px) Image search: [Google]
1bc.png
95KB, 626x754px
>>8785032
thanks doc
>>
File: Dio.Brando.full.462328.jpg (646KB, 1253x1770px) Image search: [Google]
Dio.Brando.full.462328.jpg
646KB, 1253x1770px
>>8781563
I think it's a good idea in theory but doesn't work as intended. I think they're too focused on the idea of a gender identity rather than a lack of one. I don't get how making even more 'genders' and labels is going to make things better, it's just going to make things worse by self-segregating ourselves.

We should be focusing more on "you can do do these things as a male OR a female, you don't have to be x to do y" instead of "oh! you like make up? must be half-female" or something bullshit like that. If you're a guy who likes 'feminine' things and 'womens' clothes, there's nothing wrong with that at all. There doesn't need to be a new gender for that, you're just a dude who likes those things. If you identify as a female, then you're trans. I don't get how other people can't see how fucking simple it is.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.