[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lgbt stereotypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_2017-08-26-17-52-09.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-26-17-52-09.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Well? Have video games gone too far?

Also
> Berg
>>
I don't really give a shit about the content of video games. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't be a fucking fag about it.
>>
>>8781491
>you're not allowed to analyze or critique things
>if you pay attention to things or try to think about them on any level past the most basic you're just being a fag about it
It's a little cuntier to shut down all criticism all the time.
>>
>>8781485
I don't see how a rainbow unicorn is a lgbt stereotype
>>
>>8781485
I'm only a lowly tranny, but that design looks awesome.
>>
>>8781485
Is that the new Rainbow Unicorn Attack game? I like playing that game. Also, that torso is hot and well drawn.
>>
Gay bear here, I fucking love EDM, rainbow unicorns, the gay voice and other gay stereotypes.

My favorite song of all time is Tomboy's Ok2BGay and I've been on /mu/ for 7 years ffs!

Let us fags be fags ok? Gaaaaawd...
>>
>>8781485
the image doesn't even show a video game.

Even if it did artists can depict whatever they like. It's not like you're forced to play it.
>>
File: cacowesome.jpg (76KB, 884x928px) Image search: [Google]
cacowesome.jpg
76KB, 884x928px
>>8781485
There is nothing wrong with that!

It's only logical that Centaurs that end up living in cities of anything close would turn completely weird. So, for example, you should get a cetnaur Paladin that's completely like "Deus Vult!", who intimidates people except for the 25% of the time when they don't have the heart to tell him that the crusades ended three or four centuries ago.

Or a Centaur hockey player, who's naturally even scarier. Or, most awkward of all, a centaur who's into parkour.
>>
File: 1499655654698.jpg (58KB, 1063x799px) Image search: [Google]
1499655654698.jpg
58KB, 1063x799px
I love camp.
There doesn't seem to be any malice behind it either.

When I play I games I always pick the loudest flamboyant character anyway.
>>
>>8781866
>camp
I've seen this word, but I always associated only it with Batman 66 and Scooby Doo.

So if I like gay anthems or songs like Barbie Girl, We Like To Party and Coco Jamboo, is that considered camp?

Because if so it's about time I found a word to express the kind of music I love, the last seven years on /mu/ have been super frustrating
>>
>>8781485
A rainbow unicorn is offensive, but poorly written gay stock characters having modern day problems in a universe where such modern issues don't exist is progressive. Got it, tokenism is not offensive at all but campy comedy is.
>>
>>8781926
That music genre is called bubblegum pop, it died out in the 00's. You're welcome.
>>
>>8782031
Well specifically bubblegum dance, which was bubblegum pop meets eurodance. Eurodance was very much a 90s only thing though, so your genre died with it.
>>
>>8782040
Well, I love Eurodance and Eurobeat and Pop, but I was hoping that I'd found a word for a stereotypical gay aesthetic that I could use to find more music with that same aesthetic, kind of like how vaporwave isn't just slowed down music, it's slowed down elevator, presentation, commercial and otherwise corporate music from the 80s and 90s.

It's the A E S T H E T I C I'm looking for, not the genre.
>>
>>8781485
who here diamond chang'e
>>
>>8782061
>gay asethetic
Pretty much anything from the 80s, I thought you were looking for music that pretty much sounds the same.
>>
>>8782061
If I had to describe it, they're the back end of the club kid scene. It was its heyday in New York I the mid 90s, but then got popular in Europe later, which is why lots of the super recognizable songs are european. There was this degree of expression that's missing today
>>
>>8782061
Whoa, me too, I used to love Eurodance, but then I found better dance music acts like AESTHETIC Perfection!
>>
>>8782140
Hey nice try but I actually like Aesthetic Perfection. Schadenfruede and The Ones are my favorite songs by them, I put them on repeat often.

I need more aggrotech and neue deutche harte while I'm at it thanks for reminding me!
>>
>>8782150
Hah, then you're wrong! It's so much better to twist the knife or push it through! Naturally, Coward is a better song than that.
>>
>>8781485
The video for the character is fucking hilarious
>>
>>8781485
All the whiny diversity just to please some cishets who cannot enjoy entertainment if it is not pc enough is far more offensive in my eyes
>>
>>8781485
I'm a cis-het male and unironically think this is awesome. Not even like "funny" but legitimately cool af. This shit is white hot and completely gorgeous.
>>
File: 1503530196999.png (711KB, 1080x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1503530196999.png
711KB, 1080x1438px
Some stereotypes are fine, others are just annoying
>>
>>8782061
>vaporwave isn't just slowed down music
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
>it's slowed down elevator, presentation, commercial and otherwise corporate music from the 80s and 90s
aaaand another oversimplification of a surprisingly diverse genre
The biggest sample base for vaporwave is probably black genres and black artists from the late 70s, 80s and early-mid 90s. If you count future funk, then Japanese city pop and imitations of American genres is a contender, but that vaporwave artists more or less steal funky tunes that are dated and repackage them into tacky nostalgic or dated consumerist packages is part of the appeal, intellectually and musically.
>>
File: hitler gas.jpg (22KB, 682x515px) Image search: [Google]
hitler gas.jpg
22KB, 682x515px
>>8783092
>I'm a cis-het male and
>>
What video game is this?

All gay characters are marketed to cishet women, so its no surprise that they use imagery of rainbows, sparkles, unicorns and stars.
>>
>>8781500
You can criticise. By not buying it.
Talking about it in circles does nothing.
>>
>>8781485
The same people who complain about characters like this are the same people who scream "yaaas queen" at the dude wearing a suit made out of rainbow dildos at pride parades. It's just clickbait nonsense so thank you for not posting a link
>>
>People aren't allowed to act stereotypically

This meme got me to act a lot more feminine than I actually was and I hated it.
>>
>>8783119
Oh, I know I oversimplified. I'm a huge vaporwave fan, though I mostly stick to Mallsoft, which uses the samples I mentioned.

If I could I would live in a pristine vaporwave mall/boardwalk/office complex. It's absolute perfection.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.