[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-monogamy is a mental disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: marriage-9-638.jpg (36KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
marriage-9-638.jpg
36KB, 638x479px
That comes from being emotionally neglected and abused, it's why men, specifically gay men, are less able to commit to healthy monogamous relationships and end up cheating or turning to an open relationship/polyamory for non-committal love. People who rationalize it as something that's been done forever or is just natural for some are like people who justify being molested as children (milo yiannopoulos), where they rationalize and romanticize it instead of realizing that they have emotional trauma from abuse and neglect. The reason why men and boys are more likely to be non-committal is because of misandry in society that sees men as disposable, that they have to be strong for the women in society who are too weak to handle themselves (this is based in the misogyny of low expectations). Monogamous relationships are overall healthier, both for the people involved and any children they have, as more adults unsupervised around children presents a danger. Anyone have anything to disagree with in any of this?
>>
>>8779721
>The reason why men and boys are more likely to be non-committal is because of misandry in society that sees men as disposable
Explain the connection?
>>
>>8779757
You don't want to give emotional support to someone if you want them to be able to go out and kill enemies and make tough decisions (at least in the eyes of most normies) or to die in order to save those precious women ("women and children first" as well as most people would rather kill a man than a woman in the trolley problem).
>>
>>8779773
But then how does that turn them poly?
>>
>polygamy
How would such a divorce case look like?
>>
>>8779792
Because you don't allow them to be emotional. "Boys don't cry", "man up", ect basically what feminists call toxic masculinity being pushed onto young, impressionable boys so that they can grow up to be unfeeling, harsh men. This conditioning leads boys to not be able to feel like they can express emotion (that's the point) which leads to them being stunted in their ability to form relationships. This, basically, is the reason why fascism puts such a high value on extreme masculinity, you have to be able to kill and be disposed of for the sake of the country without anyone feeling as much remorse as they do when women are killed. You can see this disposability of men a lot when you realize you should be aware of it, like when they report civilian casualties as "153 civilian casualties today, including 30 women and children" or many of the people who push the idea that we should allow Syrian refugees except for single men, if you are a man in society your life is valued less than your female counterparts regardless of age.
>>
>>8779819
But why does being unable to form relationships = becoming poly?

I want a poly relationship so I have people who I do have relationships with. I want an opposite sex best partner and a same sex best friend and for all three of us to be a relationship. Is that stunted? To me it feels the opposite, above normal desire to form relationships.
>>
>>8779819
>>8779841
Me again, being unable to form relationships should mean casual sex. Clubbing and hookers. Not a poly household of more than two romantic partners.
>>
I agree to a certain point. I do not think that relationships containing 3 or more people can work because it is hard for each individual to connect to the other two where in a mono relationship it is much easier. I would not go so far to call it a mental disorder, but I still wouldn't like a poly relationship
>>
>>8779841
Two questions
>1.how are sure that you didn't end up preferring a poly relationship because of childhood emotional neglect or something else?
>2. How is that different from having two entirely separate relationships with two different people?
I'm willing to admit I was wrong here if I'm proven wrong, and maybe I was wrong to include polyamorous people in the same category as open relationships (which I could be wrong on as well, who knows)
>>
>>8779855
>how are sure that you didn't end up preferring a poly relationship because of childhood emotional neglect or something else?
Honestly I'm not. If it is for that reason though, then it's less because I can't form relationships and more because I desperately want them.

>How is that different from having two entirely separate relationships with two different people?
I guess it's like the difference between having two separate friends and two friends who you do things with both at the same time. But for relationships. It's important for me that they are together too so that my same sex best friend has the same kind of relationship with our partner as I do. I don't really know why but it feels really important to it.

>open relationships
I don't desire that for myself but I'd be happy for my two partners to have that. Like, it's between them if that's alright for one or both of them. My approval can be taken for granted.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.