[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions about transition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1503180010730.jpg (41KB, 668x427px) Image search: [Google]
1503180010730.jpg
41KB, 668x427px
Do you get bigger tits if you're a bit chubby before starting hormones?

If you're on AAs long enough do you eventually lose the ability to produce testosterone?

Gravity supposedly eventually gives men the same leg-hip angle (responsible for thigh gaps), has anyone tried wearing weights around their hips to speed that up?

What does progesterone do?

I'm 18, how many of my bones could still be influenced by estrogen? I still get what I think are growing pains from time to time, though my family has a history of auto-immune shit

What kind of mental changes should you expect?

Would eating lots of soy help or hurt my transition? fats? carbs?

What else should one do to get the most out of their transition?
>>
File: 1503624188049.png (170KB, 750x509px) Image search: [Google]
1503624188049.png
170KB, 750x509px
>>8775597
>Do you get bigger tits if you're a bit chubby before starting hormones?
The MtF's I've met who were kind of chubby have ended up with way better breast development. It could help.

>If you're on AAs long enough do you eventually lose the ability to produce testosterone?
I don't believe so. If you get off of AA's you'll begin to restart testosterone production, but I'm not quite sure if it will eventually un-sterilize you or not. An orchiectomy is the permanent solution.

>What does progesterone do?
Transgirls take it for better breast development.

>I'm 18, how many of my bones could still be influenced by estrogen? I still get what I think are growing pains from time to time, though my family has a history of auto-immune shit
The only way your bones will be effected by estrogen is if you're pre-puberty. However, it will alter your fat distribution towards hips, thighs, ass, face and chest rather than all straight to your stomach like men. This is arguably more important than skeletal structure alone, but skeleton structure is still kind of important.

>What kind of mental changes should you expect?
Hoo boy. You're going to be a lot more in-touch with your emotions, and not always in a good way. You'll cry a lot, typically over stupid bullshit. That said, my mood is drastically increased compared to pre-HRT, I'm a lot happier and find joy easier. I'm more sociable and easy to get along with. I made friends, amazing ones, something I'd never had much luck with as a boy. It's pretty fantastic. 10/10 would reccomend. Even crying feels nice sometimes, it's great to be able to unload that baggage from your chest with a good sob and you feel way better afterwards.

cont. (1/2)
>>
File: 3154107-5.jpg (75KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
3154107-5.jpg
75KB, 395x500px
>>8775771

>Would eating lots of soy help or hurt my transition? fats? carbs?
I'm not a nutritionist, so I don't know much about soy, but try to avoid pork and beef and replace them with healthier options like chicken and fish. Other than that - and this is very important - Eat. Your metabolism will slow down. You will gain a bit of weight. That is okay. Don't go overboard, obviously, but eat when you need to and do not starve or fast or even diet. Transition is hard on your body, it's a second puberty, and you will need to eat. Gaining a bit of weight also helps with T&A development. You can always lose the excess weight 2-3 years after starting hormones, but early on, your body needs the food.

>What else should one do to get the most out of their transition?
Put effort in, obviously. Learn to do makeup and hair. As much of a cesspool as it is, /mtfg/ has some good reading material. Practice your voice and mannerisms (The latter comes more naturally to some than others), avoid drinking soda or excessive snacking. And just try to have fun with it! Experiment with stuff you were never able to do before. Try wearing skirts or dresses at home, or painting your nails. If you're still "Boymode" (Early transitioners not yet presenting female in public), look towards some more androgynous clothing options instead of baggy jeans and t-shirts. Women's cut shirts and pants are form-fitting and comfortable, and can give you a pretty hefty boost to your perceived femininity.

Hope that helped. Good luck.
>>
Progesterone might play a role with hip bone growth.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2194787
>>
>>8775771
Skeletal structure never stops changing throughout life. Also at 18 they'd still get in before complete bone fusion and bone modelling doesn't stop until around 22-23. But bone remodelling is a lifelong process though.

Also testicular atrophy is generally irreversible so you might produce less T when off AAs but it will return a bit.
You can also sometimes reverse sterility enough to get enough sperm to do things like IVF.
>>
File: 29439_1493599461407_5736526_n.jpg (11KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
29439_1493599461407_5736526_n.jpg
11KB, 255x255px
>>8775597

>Do you get bigger tits if you're a bit chubby before starting hormones?
Boobs are made up of mostly fat, so you'd think it would help. However, it also depends on genetics. That's the key factor determining your natural MtF boob size AND how much boob weight you gain for each extra pound you take.

>If you're on AAs long enough do you eventually lose the ability to produce testosterone?
No, unless there are medical complications and / or you get rid of your balls. Losing the ability to produce testosterone, in any case, would still mean you'd have to compensate with estrogen treatment. Living without sex hormones would be dangerous to your health.

>Gravity supposedly eventually gives men the same leg-hip angle (responsible for thigh gaps), has anyone tried wearing weights around their hips to speed that up?
That's bullshit. What you're talking about is related to the shape of your pelvic bone, and that isn't going to change no matter what you do.
However, HRT will correct your ass / thigh shape into a more womanly one.

>What does progesterone do?
In ciswomen, progesterone only show up when
puberty is already done with, and is responsible for a whole bunch of complicated shit related to pregnancy.
Progesterone has very low anti-androgen effectiveness, and does not play any part in physical changes.
I could, however, modify libido and mood, based on what we know of female hormonal cycles. But that kind of research hasn't been done yet.

(cont)
>>
>>8775933
(cont)

>I'm 18, how many of my bones could still be influenced by estrogen? I still get what I think are growing pains from time to time, though my family has a history of auto-immune shit
Your bones won't shrink, that's one thing. They won't masculinize further, is all. You're at least five years too late for bone development.
However, testosterone solidifies and thickens bones. AA will stop that, leading to a small change in bone structure.
You might lose a shoe size or a couple glove sizes, but compared to the other more noticeable effects HRT will have on your body shape, it won't be glaringly obvious.

>What kind of mental changes should you expect?
Remember puberty angst?

>Would eating lots of soy help or hurt my transition? fats? carbs?
HRT will make you lose muscle mass and gain fat, so if you want to accompany this process, more fats and perhaps less proteins / sports (if you do any).

>What else should one do to get the most out of their transition?

Practical advice:
- Learn how to dress well and how to dress well in order to pass
- Try to progressively correct your body language into a more demure, feminine one
- Observe how other women interact socially so you can fit into the gender role better

Life advice:
- Be patient with yourself. You won't get everything right on your first try. You'll make mistakes. Keep in mind that it's okay, we all went there, and we learned from it.
- Your health > your transition.
- Do and be what feels natural. Don't take passing advice as gospel: if you're uncomfortable with the way you dress or do things and just copy what other MtFs say works for them, people will notice something about you is off.
The only way to success is to find what works for you personally.
>>
>>8775933
>That's bullshit. What you're talking about is related to the shape of your pelvic bone, and that isn't going to change no matter what you do.
>However, HRT will correct your ass / thigh shape into a more womanly one.
topkek /ttt/ thinking they're experts on skeletal science.
Even doctors have a very very hard time understanding the science of bones.

I'd suggest reading the following articles as to why you're horribly wrong:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law
https://www.livescience.com/35719-hip-bones-widen-with-age.html
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v19/n2/box/nm.3074_BX2.html?foxtrotcallback=true
https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_is_the_difference_between_bone_turnover_and_bone_remodeling
>>
>>8775771
When do mental changes start / end? How far into HRT?
>>
>>8778312
Mental changes are placebo.
Hormones affect subconscious memory and such. Estrogen can cause changes to visio-spacial reasoning and memory, but as for noticeable changes other than maybe increased emotionality like crying after peak dosing it's just placebo.
They've used estrogen+AAs for prostate cancer treatment and dysphoria is not a reported side effect. Obviously guys aren't happy about gyno but they suffer no dysphoria. It's placebo. Placebo effects are ridiculously strong though. Antidepressants in metareviews have been shown to be nothing other than placebos just for reference.
>>
>>8778322
Ok so like I asked in my question, when do mental changes start / end?
>>
>>8778390
They don't start, and they don't end. It's placebo. Whenever you mentally believe changes start is when they begin, and whenever you believe changes end, they end.
There is no start or end because scientifically and psychologically speaking there is no such thing. It's purely placebo and entirely depends on how much you trick your own body into pretending such effects exist.
>>
>>8778407
But I guess as for subconscious effects they begin within about 6-12 months. They won't be recognizable effects though. They only show up during specific memory tests and such.
>>
>>8778407
>Estrogen can cause changes to visio-spacial reasoning and memory
These are mental changes. When do they start. When do they end?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.