[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last year my boyfriend entered a queer folk music contest. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Ruby-Rose3.jpg (63KB, 634x358px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby-Rose3.jpg
63KB, 634x358px
Last year my boyfriend entered a queer folk music contest. He was very androgynous at the time as he had just started taking T. He won a small cash prize but more importantly he won a lot of confidence, he was is by no means a professional musician and music is something he does in his spare time but since winning he has attended more open mics.

We got invited back again this year not for the amateur portion but as an actual musician (this would be his first paying gig), they wanted a video of the song he will be playing so we sent them one. But they found out that he is now a man and they do not want him on stage. Although it is queer folk music festival, it is really a lesbian folk music festival and he is not a lesbian. We are a bit heart broken and kinda feel like our community if turning their back on us just because he transitioned.

What are your thoughts, if folk music is comes from your lived experiences how are his experience of living as a lesbian different than any other lesbian? The song he sang was about falling in love with a girl (me), is not like he sang about being a man or having a penis (which he doesn't have. ) Why is it okay for a lesbian to act, dress and look like a boy but if he decided to be a boy somehow he is not allowed?
>>
If the festival was for women and he's no longer a woman, then there's no reason he should go. Why is this hard? Fuck, I will never understand the trans men who continue to try to be part of some "lesbian" community or all-girl's school or whatever voluntarily: it's for women. Wtf are you doing?
>>
>>8774097
abloobloo, the big bad terfs actually shit on an afab
if only you'd stood up against transphobia and female supremacism aka feminism early
>>
>>8774117
I was never promoted as a lesbian event, it was never promoted as a women's event, it was a QUEER folk festival.
>>
idk what 'queer' even means if they refused to let your bf perform...I guess they just liked the ring of queer folk music

that sounds really shitty, I'm sorry
>>
>>8774169
I think it was queer so bi women could preform.
>>
>>8774143
Are there non-lesbians that go to it? Bring that shit up. He's as queer as folk being, ya know, a fucking transsexual.

If there aren't any non-lesbians, drop that place in a heartbeat, and arguing with idiot terfs will just incite vitriol and possibly violence
>>
>>8774097
>boyfriend
>he
>not a lesbian

>>8774117
>no longer a woman

So, just to be clear, the lesbians don't want your lesbian girlfriend to perform because your lesbian girlfriend calls herself 'he'.

Here's a thought. Words mean things. Your girlfriend is a woman and a lesbian. Use the appropriate words to describe yourself and you won't have manufactured problems like this.
>>
>>8774261
So although I am dating a man, I still consider myself a lesbian. I am not attracted to penis, he doesn't have a penis, so just because I am dating a man, doesn't mean I am not a lesbian. If I were to break up with my boyfriend I would date a woman and he is probably the only man I would ever date.

Am I a lesbian because I have a vagina and am having sex with a vagina or am I heterosexual because I am a woman having sex with a man? I would say I am still a lesbian.
>>
File: pls.png (129KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
129KB, 400x278px
>>8774345
>So although I am dating a man, I still consider myself a lesbian
>so just because I am dating a man, doesn't mean I am not a lesbian
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501631856817.jpg (30KB, 414x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501631856817.jpg
30KB, 414x540px
>>8774427
this.
>>
File: image.png (636KB, 654x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
636KB, 654x720px
>>8774345
well, choose one dear, honestly. also i find you very transphobic for saying youre a lez. you dont respect your boyfriends as a man and he should break up with you.

also, this
>>
>>8774345

You do realise that you sound like an idiot right?

>I am dating a man
>I'm a lesbian
>my boyfriend doesn't have a penis

You are not dating a man. You are dating a woman - a masculine woman.

She has no penis. She has a vagina. She has no Y Chromosomes. She has a cervix and ovaries and produces eggs.

You don't have a boyfriend, you have a girlfriend. Because you are a lesbian and you are dating a woman.

Why am I having to explain such basic things to fully grown adults?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPP_In40at4
>>
>>8774538
>She has a cervix and ovaries and produces eggs.
You have no way of knowing this is true.

Jumped out at me because I had none of those things when I started T. Your definition of "womanhood," being based in biology, leaves out a hell of a lot of women. But then, people who start trying to define gender - which is based in your brain - by the presence or absences of physical sexual characteristics literally always do that.
>>
>>8774345
You're not a lesbian. You're a bishit or a hetshit. Never call yourself a lesbian again.
>>
>>8774558
>being based in biology
Realized I worded that badly, since I didn't intend to imply neurology isn't biological. Rather, was trying to say your view is biologically reductive.
>>
File: 1502186218639.gif (999KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
1502186218639.gif
999KB, 500x267px
>>8774558

Womanhood is based in biology.

Let's not pretend that OP is dating a genuinely biological intersex person. She is dating a woman, not a man.

She is a lesbian woman, dating another lesbian woman.

This mental gymnastics of 'oh but I call myself a man, therefore i am', is nonsense. Calling yourself bulletproof doesn't change the biological reality that a bullet will kill you, and calling yourself the opposite sex doesn't change the biological reality that you are not that sex.

This kind of retarded double-think claiming 'black is white, up is down, women are men' is why people (even LGB) people hate trannies so much. It is just ideological nonsense.

>War is peace
>freedom is slavery
>ignorance is peace.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.